$1.70 a litre in BC

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
SInce oil refining is an unregulated industry I'm pretty sure the government has no legal right to demand what amounts to business secrets.

Of course they can be compelled to provide the information.

Form the link itself:

"The BCUC could compel testimony and documents from companies as part of its review."

Proving once more that stupid people do not think they have to actually read anything.

Is that a surprise?

No.

It makes perfect sense.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Of course they can be compelled to provide the information.
Form the link itself:
"The BCUC could compel testimony and documents from companies as part of its review."
Proving once more that stupid people do not think they have to actually read anything.
Is that a surprise?
No.
It makes perfect sense.
Not exactly how it works even if it does fit with your story line. BCUC may indead ask a judge to force the oil companies to comply but it does not mean the judge will agree since gas stations are not a regulated inddustry and at least some of the information demanded is covered by trade secrets.
I can see this tied up in court long after TM is built and Horgan is but a bitter side bar in BC history.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Not exactly how it works even if it does fit with your story line. BCUC may indead ask a judge to force the oil companies to comply but it does not mean the judge will agree since gas stations are not a regulated inddustry and at least some of the information demanded is covered by trade secrets.
I can see this tied up in court long after TM is built and Horgan is but a bitter side bar in BC history.
you need to read the shit you comment on

you are nowhere near smart enough to wing it

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Gas Prices Will Rise By Up To 8 Cents Per Litre In Several Canadian Provinces

This increase in prices is sure going to hurt the wallet. Earlier this year, a survey was conducted and it concluded that one in three BC residents could not afford the expensive gas. The study even found that some people were opting to use public transit instead of driving due to the expense. Gas prices were so high, that two in every five Canadians (44%) were claiming that prices were making it harder to afford necessities.
At one point in time, gas prices in BC were so high, that 60% of Canadians were considering purchasing a more fuel-efficient vehicle to save money.

McTeague did not say when this increase would take place, so better fill up sooner than later if you're in the cities that are affected!...………….Much more in link

Looks like the Carbon tax is doing it's job in BC Breaking it's citizens financially

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Until moral improves, beatings will continue...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yes the carbon tax that was already in when BC gas prices spiked 30 - 40 cents a liter will now spike the other provinces 8 cents.
Because that makes sense when only white people are discriminated against and climate change is a hoax.

You should really learn to read the articles Hoid BC is on the list to get a raise in pricing

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
But we have had one since 2008

thats what caused the 40 cent spike this year

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I drive a chevrolet sonic doing 45 to 50 MPG highway.....

I challenge hoid to state what car he drives and post his gas mileage

Someone pls quote me since I'm on his iggy list.......

None of the greeners have ever posted what they drive. I take that back, MF did say he drove a Honda back in the day. Yet they think oil companies owe the government some data. Personally, if you are for a carbon tax, you should be even more ecstatic that the oil companies are further increasing the price.