Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prince Charles may rule in two years: Journalist
Postmedia News
Published:
July 8, 2019
Updated:
July 8, 2019 5:15 PM EDT
Queen Elizabeth II delivers the Queen's Speech whilst sat next to Prince Charles, Prince of Wales during the State Opening of Parliament in the House of Lords at the Palace of Westminster on June 21, 2017 in London.Arthur Edwards / WPA Pool/Getty Images, File
Will Prince Charles take the throne before his mother Queen Elizabeth II dies? Rumours suggest that might be the case.
In an episode of Yahoo’s Royal Box, British journalist Phil Dampier says while it is unlikely that the 93-year-old monarch will abdicate the throne, she may start to relinquish her responsibilities in about two years.
“There is talk that when she reaches 95 … that she might slow down, possibly the Regency Act will be brought in,” the author, who has covered the royal family for more than three decades, says in the video. “She’ll still be Queen but Charles will, in fact, take over most of the duties. And, of course, he’s starting to do that already, being at the state opening in parliament and the Commonwealth conference.”
Regency Acts are an act of U.K. parliament that designates a regent to govern if the monarch is incapacitated, absent or a minor. The Regency Act of 1811, for example, designated then-Prince of Wales George as regent when his father King George III became incapacitated due to his mental illness. He served as regent until his father’s death in 1820 and reigned an additional 10 years as King George IV.
The current version, the Regency Act of 1937, was drafted after Elizabeth’s father George VI became king to ensure a regent was designated in case he died or became incapacitated before she turned 21.
However, the act wasn’t used as Elizabeth was 25 years old when she ascended to the throne in 1952.
http://news.yahoo.com/royal-box-episode-26-charity-103748955.html
http://torontosun.com/life/royals/prince-charles-may-rule-in-two-years-journalist

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
So. . . would it be appropriate to say to Her Maj "Have a reigny day?"

You could do. She has a great sense of humour. I just rather suspect most people would be too intimidated to say that to the most famous living person in the world.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You could do. She has a great sense of humour. I just rather suspect most people would be too intimidated to say that to the most famous living person in the world.
I will give you this, no snark, no sarcasm. Britain has been incredibly fortunate in its queens regnant, and Elizabeth II is the very model of grace, dignity, and dare I say? majesty for the 20th/21st centuries.

Yes, I would feel comfortable telling her a joke. My only worry would be that it might not be good enough.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I will give you this, no snark, no sarcasm. Britain has been incredibly fortunate in its queens regnant, and Elizabeth II is the very model of grace, dignity, and dare I say? majesty for the 20th/21st centuries.
Yes, I would feel comfortable telling her a joke. My only worry would be that it might not be good enough.

It's like when Trump visited the UK recently. Even though I like him, it's true that when he visits other world leaders he likes to present himself as the boss, the big man, and actually makes himself look physically intimidating.

He didn't do that when he met Queen Elizabeth II recently. He seemed to be in awe and overwhelmed in her presence and it seemed to be her, 93 year old woman that she is, who let him know who's boss.

In fact, in a recent Tweet, Trump poured scorn on May and said the only person who he truly respected during his recent State Visit was the Queen.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
She'll smile, anyway.

She's a classy dame.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Prince Charles may rule in two years: Journalist
Postmedia News
Published:
July 8, 2019
Updated:
July 8, 2019 5:15 PM EDT
Queen Elizabeth II delivers the Queen's Speech whilst sat next to Prince Charles, Prince of Wales during the State Opening of Parliament in the House of Lords at the Palace of Westminster on June 21, 2017 in London.Arthur Edwards / WPA Pool/Getty Images, File
Will Prince Charles take the throne before his mother Queen Elizabeth II dies? Rumours suggest that might be the case.
In an episode of Yahoo’s Royal Box, British journalist Phil Dampier says while it is unlikely that the 93-year-old monarch will abdicate the throne, she may start to relinquish her responsibilities in about two years.
“There is talk that when she reaches 95 … that she might slow down, possibly the Regency Act will be brought in,” the author, who has covered the royal family for more than three decades, says in the video. “She’ll still be Queen but Charles will, in fact, take over most of the duties. And, of course, he’s starting to do that already, being at the state opening in parliament and the Commonwealth conference.”
Regency Acts are an act of U.K. parliament that designates a regent to govern if the monarch is incapacitated, absent or a minor. The Regency Act of 1811, for example, designated then-Prince of Wales George as regent when his father King George III became incapacitated due to his mental illness. He served as regent until his father’s death in 1820 and reigned an additional 10 years as King George IV.
The current version, the Regency Act of 1937, was drafted after Elizabeth’s father George VI became king to ensure a regent was designated in case he died or became incapacitated before she turned 21.
However, the act wasn’t used as Elizabeth was 25 years old when she ascended to the throne in 1952.
http://news.yahoo.com/royal-box-episode-26-charity-103748955.html
http://torontosun.com/life/royals/prince-charles-may-rule-in-two-years-journalist

So what, That Royal family has been reduced to rubber stamp actuators. period period period

Dirt on the windshield of this century.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yesterday she helped to plant a tree. She picked up a spade and started scooping up dirt. Don't forget, she's 93.

Offered help, she politely declined it, saying "I'm still capable of planting a tree":

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That will be quite enough of the rumours about His Royal Highness losing his virginity, thank you.
Bestiality is still a crime and a sin in Britain.

Bestiality has been illegal in England & Wales since 1558, the year Elizabeth I came to the throne - probably before every other nation on Earth - which isn't surprising considering we are talking about the most civilised nation on Earth.

However, it's still entirely legal in many US states.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Canadian Fact!
His Royal Majesty in waiting first soloed in a DeHavilland of Canada Chipmunk, by jing.
What a great aircraft!

We should still be making them, tricked out with more modern engines.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Bestiality has been illegal in England & Wales since 1558, the year Elizabeth I came to the throne - probably before every other nation on Earth - which isn't surprising considering we are talking about the most civilised nation on Earth.
I calculate that's why you can't get laid.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I calculate that's why you can't get laid.

When you fail miserably, start resorting to the putdowns.

In fact, I'm actually quite popular with the ladies. I'm actually quite a looker, it seems. Just last week I was walking home from work when a car full of young women slowed down and I was treated to a lot of wolf whistling. Slightly embarrassing, but it still made me happy.

I rather suspect you don't get such treatment, and never have done.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
When you fail miserably, start resorting to the putdowns.
In fact, I'm actually quite popular with the ladies. I'm actually quite a looker, it seems. Just last week I was walking home from work when a car full of young women slowed down and I was treated to a lot of wolf whistling. Slightly embarrassing, but it still made me happy.
I rather suspect you don't get such treatment, and never have done.
Ever wonder if this guy is really a Cocker Spaniel?