Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
What you need is to invent a time machine so you can tell of those institutional investors and pension funds to get in at $17
the day of the IPO Tesla shares closed over $23

Up about 40% on the first day.

I dare say institutional investment was heavy

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Tesla is suing an ex-employee and wants Apple's help, report says

It takes serious gumption to steal from a massive multinational corporation. But that's exactly what a lawsuit being put forth by Tesla alleges that a former employee who's now working for Chinese company Xpeng and its US-based subsidiary XMotors.ai did, according to a report published Thursday by Bloomberg.
The lawsuit filed by Tesla stems alleges that former employee Guangzhi Cao stole the source code for Tesla's Autopilot software. Cao admitted to authorities that he did, in fact, download the source code, but his laywers maintain that he hasn't done anything with it.
The lawsuit is especially interesting because Tesla is seeking assistance from Apple -- also a victim of IP theft from an Xpeng employee -- in getting access to the thief's data by way of a subpoena. According to Bloomberg's report, it's not totally clear what exactly Tesla is trying to get from Apple, but we suspect it involves access to documents from Guangzhi Cao's iCloud account, where he admitted to storing Tesla's IP.
Now, it should be said that neither Tesla nor Apple has decided to go after Xpeng itself, instead focusing their efforts on the ex-employees that admitted to having made off with intellectual property. Further, Xpeng has maintained that when it found out that Apple was investigating IP theft, it immediately froze the employee out and eventually fired him.
It's not totally clear how cooperative Apple will be with Tesla's requests, given that the two are now technically competitors in the race to bring real Level 4 and 5 self-driving car tech to market, but considering that Tesla is going after an employee rather than the company that hired him, we're thinking it's unlikely.
Neither Tesla nor Apple immediately responded to Roadshow's request for comment.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Tesla just reported the best quarter in their history

Tesla, Inc. is expected* to report earnings on 07/24/2019 after market close. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Jun 2019. According to Zacks Investment Research, based on 4 analysts' forecasts, the consensus EPS forecast for the quarter is $-1.55. The reported EPS for the same quarter last year was $-4.22.
https://www.nasdaq.com/earnings/report/tsla

Tesla was formed in 2003 and after 15 years, they're still sucking bad.... REAL BAD

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Not to mention the Major design flaw that picks up bushel baskets of dirt and jamwelds it in behind the wheel wells.
;)

You can grow dope in there!

Ooooops! Was I just thinkin' that, or did I just say it?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The threat to the power grid is by and large imaginary.

EVs tend to charge at night when there is little demand on the grid.
In the case of electric vehicles and their demands any threat to the power grids are in fact imaginary, however the grids are under threat a thousand times more real and powerful , CMEs. Poof and the grids burn. The green revolution is pure bullshjt. I love CO2.