Ban on Single Use Plastic bags:2021

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Nice thought, Breezy but not likely to happen. If anything the disposable culture is accelerating as more and more cheaply made products appear on the shelves. One only has to look at the current crop of printers. When it is by far cheaper to buy a new printer than it is to buy the ink - it leaves little room for decision. Thus I now have a total of four printers - in their original boxes stored in my shed. I have no idea what will become of them but I refuse to surrender a perfectly good machine to a landfill. A friend of mine just purchased a new laser printer simply because his last one stopped communicating with his computer and no amount of technical input from Staples technicians helped. What a frickin' waste.
what a waste: Indeed. Faster, cheaper manufacturing with plastics also reduces the quality of the items as well. They don' t last as long.......and are not meant to.

But if we address the plastic bags......(grocery etc.) seriously......it would be a good start

Bring your won bag .......kinda thing that many are doing now.I like the fact that most stores now ask if one NEEDS a bag and '/or charges for them ( at least where I reside)

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
what a waste: Indeed. Faster, cheaper manufacturing with plastics also reduces the quality of the items as well. They don' t last as long.......and are not meant to.

But if we address the plastic bags......(grocery etc.) seriously......it would be a good start

Bring your won bag .......kinda thing that many are doing now.I like the fact that most stores now ask if one NEEDS a bag and '/or charges for them ( at least where I reside)
Yes back in the sixties a big insult was to be called plastic , yet our whole population bought into it . Heck we even thought we could save the trees by using plastic .

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Yes back in the sixties a big insult was to be called plastic , yet our whole population bought into it . Heck we even thought we could save the trees by using plastic .
What were "we" thinking?? ;-)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
But at least we use the plastic trees they cut down at Christmas, so it isn't a total waste.
:)
Also, I kind of enjoy those astro turf fields after they clear cut them...good place to do baseball and drink beer.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I've been using cloth bags for all my shopping for over a decade now. Not only are they easier on the hands then the the plastic bags when full, mine have flat bottoms so products aren't falling over and squishing each other. I have cloth freezer bags that keep things cool till I get home - great for produce and for items like ice cream.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've been using cloth bags for all my shopping for over a decade now. Not only are they easier on the hands then the the plastic bags when full, mine have flat bottoms so products aren't falling over and squishing each other. I have cloth freezer bags that keep things cool till I get home - great for produce and for items like ice cream.
Good for you.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

What do you use when you buy more items than your bags can carry?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Need a meme for this... anyone.. :lol: