Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
It tells me that you get your military knowledge from a movie on youtube.

Besides, it is your side that wants 'gun' control.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It tells me that you get your military knowledge from a movie on youtube.
Besides, it is your side that wants 'gun' control.
Actually ... that "this is my rifle, this is my gun" was well in use when I was training in the Canadian Forces in the 1970s. Ask anyone in the Army, Navy. A gun in a cannon, not a personal firearm.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You need help to control your obvious anger!
No I don't, you need some help in identifying what you should get mad about and what is fluff. If maybe beyond your mental abilities based in your posting history. If you don't get angry at what psychopaths promote you are part of the problem rather than being part of the solution.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have been trusted by many with firearms but I will not play with my gun.

Oh FER GAWDS SAKE Comrade Curious...............................................

you just gave Tecumehbonesforbrains another opening...........................................................

for making his patented masturbation "quips"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what I mean............................

those barbed snotty remarks he makes whenever he is fresh

out of logic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Actually ... that "this is my rifle, this is my gun" was well in use when I was training in the Canadian Forces in the 1970s. Ask anyone in the Army, Navy. A gun in a cannon, not a personal firearm.

Don't worry. I get it. My rifle is not a gun. Your cock is a gun.

It makes total sense until I go back and read everything you've written about gun control.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
John Robson: Ottawa's proposed handgun ban is as dumb as all the others

Ottawa councillor Mathieu Fleury, a handgun ban supporter, just asked 'Who carries a gun?' Uh, that’d be criminals

Flowers at the corner of York Street and ByWard Market Square in Ottawa pay tribute to Markland "Jahiant" Campbell, a father and a member of the hip-hop trio HalfSizeGiants, who was fatally shot on June 7, 2019.Tony Caldwell/Postmedia News

John Robson

June 11, 2019

Some days reading the news you struggle to remind yourself that people aren’t being daft on purpose and, even if they are, it’s not to annoy you personally. For instance calls for a handgun ban because some reckless thug shot a law-abiding citizen in Ottawa.

It would not be correct to label these calls “symbolic” because cities lack jurisdiction over guns. If a municipal problem is legislatively the responsibility of a senior level of government, it makes sense to ask it to act. But not this way.

The reason they’re symbolic, and silly, isn’t just that murder is already illegal. It’s that murders like Ottawa’s on Friday are committed by people using weapons it’s already illegal for them to carry or, usually, own. What’s the point of banning illegality?

Ignoring this question leads to infuriatingly feeble proposals. The Ottawa Citizen says “Toronto city council this month is scheduled to debate a motion asking for the federal and provincial governments to ban the sale of handguns, assault rifles, semi-automatic firearms and handgun ammunition in that municipality.” As if someone prepared to use an illegal handgun in Toronto would balk at driving one into Toronto.

I don’t want to get into the argument between Allan Rock and George Washington about whether government should take citizens’ guns away then tell them what to do for their own good. Canada faces no present danger of tyranny in the classic sense, despite constant nibbling at our liberties by elected governments claiming a popular mandate for every fool thing they do. But I will say the claim that ordinary Canadians cannot be trusted with dangerous objects is, like the claim that we cannot be trusted with dangerous ideas, incompatible in principle with democracy.

I will also ask whether anyone seriously thinks it’s only difficulty acquiring a gun that prevents the average Canadian from blasting away at loved ones and random strangers. They wouldn’t put it that way, of course. But it is implicit in the tired argument that the United States has a high murder rate because Americans have more guns. Which is also an affront to that “evidence-based decision-making” we hear about more often than we see it, since statistics show no correlation between firearms ownership and murder internationally (compare Canada with Russia) or indeed between jurisdictions in the U.S. (compare “constitutional carry” Vermont with Chicago where handguns were long banned).
Police patrol Ottawa’s Byward Market on June 10, three days after a man was fatally shot there. Tony Caldwell/Postmedia News

So what is going on? Ottawa City councillor Rawlson King, who is bringing a gun ban motion later this month, also wants a pile of money to help get at the “root cause of gun violence.” But if you want to know what’s causing increasing gun violence, surely you’d look at what has changed since it was rare.

It’s not rising gun ownership; guns in Canada were common and mostly unregulated until the mid-20th century. And forget poverty and “exclusion” both of which have fallen dramatically since 1960. But do include semi-feral youth roaming the streets because we’ve made a virtue of vulgar, undisciplined selfishness, including those who allegedly shot an Ottawa father trying to protect his daughter from their lewdness on Friday.

Also be sure to include telling criminals potential victims are helpless as deliberate public policy. People in posh neighbourhoods with quick police response times may scoff. But Britain essentially banned civilian guns under Tony Blair, following Margaret Thatcher’s lead, and London’s murder rate recently exceeded that of New York City after centuries, with no gun control in either, where even New York’s non-gun murder rate was five times London’s. That policy sure backfired.

Once again, incentives matter. The more we restrict guns the more only criminals carry them, exactly as Sir John A. Macdonald warned. Thus NBC just reported people in Britain building trenches and moats to protect their property against illegal trash dumping by organized criminals, on fancy estates and ordinary working farms. But “Many victims are reluctant to go on the record about how they were targeted due to fear of reprisals.” O Brave New World.

The U.K. also has an epidemic of urban knife crime to which the official response has descended to the level of parody. Politicians propose banning home delivery of knives; stores remove kitchen knives from shelves; and police put out street-corner knife-surrender bins in case you stuck a shiv in your sock by mistake or something. So aspiring chefs suffer while any hood can sharpen metal against rock, even in prison. Give every tenth shopkeeper and homeowner a shotgun and see how many thugs pull knives, I say.

Ottawa councillor Mathieu Fleury, a handgun ban supporter in whose ward the Friday shooting happened, just asked “Who carries a gun?” Uh, that’d be criminals. If you don’t know something that obvious, please try to stay out of my newspaper. It’s so annoying it feels deliberate.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jo...osed-handgun-ban-is-as-dumb-as-all-the-others

........... the claim that ordinary Canadians cannot be trusted with dangerous objects is, like the claim that we cannot be trusted with dangerous ideas, incompatible in principle with democracy.

Hear! Hear!

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Don't worry. I get it. My rifle is not a gun. Your cock is a gun.
It makes total sense until I go back and read everything you've written about gun control.
A gun is ordinance, not a personal weapon of any kind (unless you're the crazy old git who fires off the noon gun in Mary Poppins).

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The reason they’re symbolic, and silly, isn’t just that murder is already illegal. It’s that murders like Ottawa’s on Friday are committed by people using weapons it’s already illegal for them to carry or, usually, own. What’s the point of banning illegality?

Exactly... but the retarded Left just doesn't get that..

Look at Chicago, there is a gun ban there, a perfect example..

Chicago shootings: At least 10 killed and dozens more injured in deadliest weekend of 2019

Deadliest city in the USA, with the strongest gun laws.. :lol:

Personally I believe they need concealed carry in Canada..

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You have never had an armed person blocking your path have you?? If so did you turn around or carry on like 'normal'?
... and you said "Draw, Pardner!" and gunned them down in a pool of frontier justice, did you?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Actually ... that "this is my rifle, this is my gun" was well in use when I was training in the Canadian Forces in the 1970s. Ask anyone in the Army, Navy. A gun in a cannon, IS not a personal firearm.

There; FTFY.

I think James was correct about your lack of real military training - you don't normally put guns in cannons and expect to become trained. IN anybody's military forces. It's like looking down the barrel of a missfire while tapping the rifle butt solidly on the ground.
;)
Every one knows normally you stuff the lowest class into the cannons, not their guns, which they need to defend themselves from you doing that.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
There; FTFY.
I think James was correct about your lack of real military training - you don't normally put guns in cannons and expect to become trained. IN anybody's military forces. It's like looking down the barrel of a missfire while tapping the rifle butt solidly on the ground.
;)
Every one knows normally you stuff the lowest class into the cannons, not their guns, which they need to defend themselves from you doing that.
ignorant moron....