Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Singh said the NDP would do it by 2022

So Trudeau had to one up him.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
More stupidity from trudOWE. SIngle use plastics would include water bottles, pill bottles and most packaging including wrapping for meat at the grocery store.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I know this must be devastating for the white nattys

Imagine something that Canadians want being done!

What next?

Democracy?
Yes we want our brown paper bags back . We didn’t want plastic bags in the first place . Government in a fit of environmental consciousness mandated the use of plastic to save the trees . The trees don’t matter so much anymore .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Canadians overwhelmingly support action to reduce plastic waste.

The only ones who do not are - surprise surprise - the ones who don't believe in climate change.

And nobody cares what they think.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
An actual quote from Justin Trudeau

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Canadians overwhelmingly support action to reduce plastic waste.
The only ones who do not are - surprise surprise - the ones who don't believe in climate change.
And nobody cares what they think.

Nobody has said not to ban single use plastic dumbass, we are asking what is the alternative that is environmentally sustainable, paper was banned once remember? Now it's the answer? C'mon man even you can't be that daft not to recognize the hypocrisy of the perpetual environmental activist.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm a proponent of banning rather than some extra dumb plastic tax. Legislation beats taxation.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
My supermarket now charges 5 cents a bag for shopping bags. But i look in what it contains.. from fruit, vegetables, cheese, processed food, meats, drinks and its all covered in plastic. This does not address the issue. With all of the wonders of science and chemical engineering i'm sure we could come up with biodegradable plastic that could solve the issue.