Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Another EC company gonna hit the NA market and mess with Tesla market share ;)

How the Fiat-Renault Mega-Merger Came Together

For years, Fiat Chrysler had made no secret of the fact that it wanted to play an active role in consolidation. Renault, for its part, also realized that it was too small alone to withstand rising market turbulence. The carmaker is a notable force in electric vehicles and has a strong link to Asia thanks to its alliance with Japan’s Nissan Motor Co., but it’s absent in the crucial U.S. market, an open flank that a link-up with Fiat Chrysler could shore up.

Initial contact with Elkann quickly turned into a more formal conversation as both sides realized the complementary nature of a combination. Renault promised a fleet of electrified cars, and Fiat Chrysler access to the U.S. market...………….Much more in the link

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You should probably stop trying to interpret the news and just do the two hands on the stick paperboy thing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The automakers working on better batteries than the current 1860 era telegraph battery banks will reign supreme. 2000km range with heat or AC on in my choice of model and I'll start considering an EV.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The automakers working on better batteries than the current 1860 era telegraph battery banks will reign supreme. 2000km range with heat or AC on in my choice of model and I'll start considering an EV.
Somebody should go to the moon and recover those batteries, they probably still have a charge in them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you up for it? I'll build the cannon and make popcorn. You can fill the hot tub with JELL-O for your splashdown.

Deal?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
it costs $100 to fill up a minivan.

electric is not going to get to that point for quite awhile.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
it costs $100 to fill up a minivan.
electric is not going to get to that point for quite awhile.
It will when demand exceeds supply about a decade from now. Of couse, the short term answer will be to slap up natural gas fired generating plants all over and hardly anyone will "get it" that it will be more efficient by a long run to burn the natural gas in your cars, instead.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The threat to the power grid is by and large imaginary.

EVs tend to charge at night when there is little demand on the grid.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
There is a slow enough uptake to give utilities plenty of time to prepare

people also forget that all these charged cars will also be able to share their power back into the grid.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
There is a slow enough uptake to give utilities plenty of time to prepare
people also forget that all these charged cars will also be able to share their power back into the grid.
Looking forward to the new nukes we'll need. We're running out of river valleys to dam up. Ontario is pretty flat and there is nothing more left to drown, here.

Perhaps the new Hell's Gate Dam and it's thirty mile long reservoir up the Fraser will satisfy the demand from the self-satisfied Yuppies in Duncan who can afford to drive $65,000 Teslas.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why don't you volunteer, and feel free to make it a one-way trip.
Wouldn't really be 'a recovery' now would it? You do know your attempts to make me look stupid backfire on you evey single attempt you make. When are you going to catch on?? (doh question btw)