Lunacy of the Left

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
NY Times Tells Reporters No More Rachel Maddow Or Don Lemon Appearances

The New York Times has started enforcing an old company policy that discourages reporters from appearing on partisan, opinionated cable news shows, according to Vanity Fair.

Ditch the fake news ==> Click here to get news you can trust sent right to your inbox. It's free!
The policy reportedly came back in force when NYT finance editor David Enrich was invited on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show" on May 19 to discuss a story about allegedly suspicious Deutsche Bank transactions involving President Donald Trump and Jared Kushner.

Enrich accepted, but then was told by superiors to cancel the appearance because NYT was "wary of how viewers might perceive a down-the-middle journalist like Enrich talking politics with a mega-ideological host like Maddow," Vanity Fair reported.

Times executive editor Dean Baquet has reportedly begun to believe that cable news opinion shows have become even more opinionated than normal, leading to a strong "preference" that reporters steer clear.

Other shows flagged as too partisan include Don Lemon's CNN show...
https://www.theblaze.com/news/nyt-b...ble-news-shows-like-rachel-maddows-don-lemons

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Lawyer sparks workplace discrimination debate over Kamloops' new Teenie Bikini Bistro

The recently opening of the Teenie Bikini Bistro in Kamloops, B.C., has an employment lawyer concerned about workplace discrimination but the restaurant's co-owner maintains it's nothing to worry about.
The bistro features pub-style food served by women wearing bikinis. Kelowna lawyer David Brown with Kent Employment Law says it's disconcerting.
"I was surprised that this continues to be prevalent in this day and age ... I kind of started thinking about the legal implications of this kind of a business plan," Brown told Chris Walker, host of Daybreak South.
Hiring process
Brown cites the B.C. Human Rights Code, which prevents discrimination in the workplace on a number of different grounds including gender, sexual orientation and disability. He is concerned that the Teenie Bikini Bistro's hiring practices may be discriminatory toward men, older workers or workers with disabilities, among others.
Bistro co-owner Leeann Mcarthur says it's simply not the case. She says she has no specific hiring process, nor is it mandatory that those applying look a certain way or even be female.
"We have all shapes and sizes here. Most of us have stretch marks," said Mcarthur.
"I've got four kids. I've got stretch marks. I'm wearing a bikini right now. And you know, I'm confident enough to do it and it doesn't bother me."
While Mcarthur has not had any men apply for serving positions at the restaurant yet, she says that as with women, she would hire men if they applied and were solid candidates.
Brown says that legally, imposing a dress code which has the potential to violate or create a different working environment on either the worker or on those workers who don't conform to that model is problematic.
But Mcarthur says she doesn't force her waitresses to wear bikinis. They can work in whatever attire they choose.
"If the girl is confident enough, I don't care what she looks like. If she's willing to wear a bathing suit or bikini or she's comfortable in shorts … whatever she's comfortable in, wear it."
Sexual harassment
Brown says that while the women who work at places like Teenie Bikini Bistro may consent to wearing a bikini, they do not necessarily consent to some of the sexual harassment that might happen within the workplace such as crude jokes, unwanted touching or catcalls.
"It raises concerns about challenges toward the women who are serving the floors," said Brown.
Mcarthur says sexual harassment is an unfortunate reality of the restaurant industry in general.
"You get that no matter what kind of job you're working," she said. "Honestly, I think the men are a little more cautious here," she said of the restaurant's patrons. .............More in the article

Lawyer sticking his values in where they don't belong

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Driving the ambulance and chasing it at the same time.
:)

I think the value is in getting a name brand for defending so called rights in Canadian cash cow work places...

Though to be fair, I never would have heard of the place if not for the free newspaper publicity. So maybe it's a twofer...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The fact that we let people this stupid ruin our education systems explains why our kids are turning out to be snowflakes.
You hit the nail on the head pretty good there..too bad you don't have a much bigger hammer.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They'll never be BFFs.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Growing up, your best friend is the person who is always there for you and the one you share all your secrets and exploits with.

But now there’s a growing movement to ban best friends.

The movement isn’t a ban on friendship, it’s just geared towards having children broaden their friendship circles and become more inclusive.

It’s a move a lot of educators think goes in the right direction.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/02/13/best-friend-ban/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
EVIL MUTILATION Mum and lesbian lover tear off 9-year-old son’s penis then behead him
‘as he reminded her of her dad’

A MUM and her lesbian lover tore off her nine-year-old son's penis before beheading him because he reminded her of her dad.

Mum Rosana Cândido, 27, and Kacyla Pessoa, 28, of Brazil, stabbed the boy over a dozen times and removed all the skin from his face before butchering his body.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9300395/mum-son-lesbian-lover-murder-killed-brazil/

A circle jerk?...not for everyone cliffy.