Liberals win in NL

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Pretty sure those of us who have the Cons in power are wishing we were NFLD right now.

Sort of. I know for NB, having Higgs in power is like watching a losing game of Janga.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Liberals win minority.
The last time a sitting government won less than a majority was in 1971 when the province's first premier, Joey Smallwood, failed to win his seventh consecutive majority government.

At least Newfoundlander's can kick their ass to the curb without the pain of four years.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
So what happened in NL where the polls had the Conservatives goosestepping to victory?

Well, the Liberal plunge has obviously been offset at this point by the actuality of Scheer and Ford and Kenney.

Everyday that goes by is another day for Canadians to listen to these people and get a better bead on just how ****ed in the head they are.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Pretty sure those of us who have the Cons in power are wishing we were NFLD right now.

Who is this 'us' you write about? Is it the majority of those who have Conservative governments? If so, do you have statistics to back up your claim?

Or do you simply think you speak for all your fellow citizens?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So what happened in NL where the polls had the Conservatives goosestepping to victory?
Well, the Liberal plunge has obviously been offset at this point by the actuality of Scheer and Ford and Kenney.
Everyday that goes by is another day for Canadians to listen to these people and get a better bead on just how ****ed in the head they are.
Definition of f*cked in the head: Opposing oil and pipelines and then whining about the price of gas.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Who is this 'us' you write about? Is it the majority of those who have Conservative governments? If so, do you have statistics to back up your claim?

Or do you simply think you speak for all your fellow citizens?

The generic 'us' and not necessarily the majority. Though looking at how Ontario is going, and how my own province of NB is under our own Con government, I don't see many positives going on. Alberta is too 'new' still to their dipshit Con leader to really say for sure, I'll admit that.

Hopefully with a minority government, the Libs will hold on and not Fuk things up like NB did and give power to the Cons.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They went from having a majority government to having a minority. That's not a win in my books. That's a "barely not lose".

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The generic 'us' and not necessarily the majority.
Not necessarily the majority, eh. Well at least you are admitting that your opinion could very well be in the minority which makes sense considering the outcome of the election in your province.

Though looking at how Ontario is going, and how my own province of NB is under our own Con government, I don't see many positives going on.
Not happy with the election results? Perhaps you should think about getting out and volunteering for the candidate of your choice come the next election. That way you would actually have done something other than posting your hatred of all things Conservative on a forum.

Alberta is too 'new' still to their dipshit Con leader to really say for sure, I'll admit that.
Ah.........so there is a chance the dipshit may actually do something positive? Good to know.

Hopefully with a minority government, the Libs will hold on and not Fuk things up like NB did and give power to the Cons.
Ah yes, because 'giving power' to the liberal party was such a brilliant idea.

Your support of a party that has shown itself to be all but incapable of ruling without interfering in various government contracts; talks a great talk about women's equality but is all too willing to throw any female they deem unfit to be in the party, under a bus; completely unable to answer a single question in the HoC without a handful of notes that are little more than liberal talking points and in no way address the question asked; have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they truly believe 'budgets balance themselves' and are all to willing to apologize for century old injustices but refuse to do the same when caught doing their best to destroy the reputation of an honorable man simply because they wanted one of their biggest party donors to get a ship-building contract - is to say the least, pitiful.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I think a Liberal government needing to compromise with the NDP and independents can work well.

The NDP/green minority is finally getting BC back on track after years of socred devastation