What's Trump Done Now?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They're gonna need a hell of a lot more than 12,000.
Of course, Deranged Donald's too stupid to know that, so I guess Bolt-On can sell whatever horseshit he feels like.
Dubya did something dumb like that, too. It took Obama's "surge" to get the American forces out of a potential soup.

Iran is neither Iraq not Afghanistan. They are more like a Russia (hopefully) without nukes.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

The point of view for the label Best President ever needs sum splainin. His heads not empty, it,s full of sht.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You're right. The eyes are getting old.
Still gonna be a debacle if Bolt-On get his way. How'd his last excellent adventure go?
Ain't no Stormin' Normans about.

120,000 doesn't sound like enough.
Iranian armed forces number 523,000 active personnel. The last time that the US tried something like this, George H.W. Bush put together a broad U.N. sanctioned coalition with dozens of like-minded nation's. Trump has pissed off/dissed off everybody and military allies will be very hard to come by, if there are any at all other than the Saudis, Israelis and Sheik Yerbouti. The brexiting British are likely in no mood to go to war, right now and their rediness is likely dismal after so much Defence ""austerity". Trump ain't got the right stuff to build coalitions. He's a one man jug band. The Americans might fantasise that they can "go it alone" but that isn't working for them militarily, anymore. Look at the pile of shit they left behind them in Iraq the second time around.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Iranian armed forces number 523,000 active personnel. The last time that the US tried something like this, George H.W. Bush put together a broad U.N. sanctioned coalition with dozens of like-minded nation's. Trump has pissed off/dissed off everybody and military allies will be very hard to come by, if there are any at all other than the Saudis, Israelis and Sheik Yerbouti. The brexiting British are likely in no mood to go to war, right now and their rediness is likely dismal after so much Defence ""austerity". Trump ain't got the right stuff to build coalitions. He's a one man jug band. The Americans might fantasise that they can "go it alone" but that isn't working for them militarily, anymore. Look at the pile of shit they left behind them in Iraq the second time around.
It's O.K.
Israel will save America!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
White House Considers Pentagon Plan to Deploy 120,000 US Troops to Middle East to Fight Iran

John Bolton ordered the Pentagon to come up with an “updated” plan for getting more American troops into the Middle East to fight a war against Iran. The plans are in now, according to officials, who say that the options envision 120,000 US ground troops in the Middle East.
Incredibly, this option appears to just be the start of the war, as officials say that the 120,000 plan does not include a US ground invasion of Iran. Officials concede that the ground invasion would require far more troops.
Instead, the 120,000 is just the next step in the ongoing US escalations toward war, and is envisioned as a response to any Iranian threat on US forces or interests, or any hint of acceleration of its nuclear program.
US officials quoted in the media about the plan are everywhere and always supportive of the idea, and the underlying narrative of an “Iranian threat.” Some argue that the fact that the Pentagon would send 120,000 troops and not even invade proves how big the threat is, while others say that the 120,000 troops would be a “scare tactic” to warn Iran off any aggressive moves.
This is quite contrary to Europe’s take on US policy, with European officials calling on the US to exercise some restraint, and expressing concern that US moves are liable to miscalculate and start a war through sheer accident.

More: https://theantimedia.com/white-house-pentagon-plan-deploy-120000-troops-iran

I am sure they have lots of plans , for more then just Iran .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I may be proven incorrect but I believe the American carrier group in the gulf can defend itself .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Trump Seeks New $15 Billion Subsidy To Protect Farmers From His Own Trade War

President Donald Trump is seeking an additional $15 billion in U.S. subsidies in an effort to protect farmers from the devastating impact of his trade war with China. That’s on top of $12 billion already earmarked for the farmers to help them weather the fallout.
That would be an additional bill for U.S. taxpayers already shouldering the cost of increased tariffs in the form of higher costs for products and parts from China.
Trump revealed the subsidy figure in a tweet Friday. He suggested the government use the funds to buy agricultural products to ship to other nations for humanitarian aid, though setting up such a system would be extremely complicated. In his most recent budget proposal, Trump proposed eliminating three food aid programs, Politico noted.
The president appeared to dismiss the impact of the cost as he falsely claimed — again — that “massive” tariff payments are being paid by China “directly” to the U.S. Treasury, which would presumably be used to cover the cost of the subsidy. There is “absolutely no need to rush” to negotiate a deal with China, he tweeted.

More: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-trade-war-15-billion-farm-subsidy-024200505.html

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, don't know the rules of capitalization?

Figured. Like I said, semi-literate.

Sorry about those capitals! I guess it made the message completely impossible for you to understand! Even dim witted old me would be able decipher the message. Doesn't say much for your mental ability, does it? :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So, don't know the rules of capitalization?

Figured. Like I said, semi-literate.

Let's just say for sake of argument that I don't know the rules of capitalization! Would that make me any less of a person? You and Putz both seem to judge the validity of a person by a lot of arbitrary bull shit!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Let's just say for sake of argument that I don't know the rules of capitalization! Would that make me any less of a person? You and Putz both seem to judge the validity of a person by a lot of arbitrary bull shit!
It would make you a less literate person. And one given to excessive use of exclamation marks.