Little Tori's murderers Charged.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I doubt we will ever see capital punishment brought back here in Canada, Tec. Not one of the mainstream political parties would dare bring it forward as poll after poll has shown that Canadians do not support the policy. I personally do not support capital punishment which is not to say that I haven't felt that many of the depraved sickos who've made their way through the criminal justice system didn't richly deserve to have their lives taken from them.
You be surprised at how many Canadians want to bring back the death penalty.

I'm one of the ones for it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You be surprised at how many Canadians want to bring back the death penalty.

I'm one of the ones for it.

Eventually it will be a dire necessity. Every year a smaller and smaller percentage of our population is productive and between the sick, the aged and the chronic criminals someone is going to have to go. The aged aren't a big problem as they will be leaving shortly anyway but there's no way we will be able to support a useless waste of skin for 50 or 60 years. Right now we have about 1/3 of the population supporting 2/3, in another 30 years it could be 1/4 supporting 3/4. We just can't keep bucking Mother Nature's trend of survival of the fittest for ever. Can you imagine living in a society where 3/4 of the working population are cops, prison guards and councillors and we are quickly approaching those parameters.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
To bring back capital punishment it will require a Charter amendment.

Because of the Charter a criminal can't be even be forced into rehabilitation, work while incarcerated or educated.

As far as I'm concerned if you willingly take a life you forfeited your Rights. Our current laws require a sociopath to reoffend before they are considered a dangerous offender.

The brother of a friend was a serial rapist. It was only a matter of days after being released on his first sentence to reoffend then back to the pokey. After his second release it happened again.

2 more women had to be raped even though Corrections knew he would reoffend.

This is him:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/convicted-man-declared-dangerous-offender-1.287216

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
First Nations fury over child killer McClintic: 'We have children in our community'
Brad Hunter
Published:
October 4, 2018
Updated:
October 4, 2018 1:25 PM EDT
Terri-Lynne McClintic is taken out of Woodstock court in handcuffs on May 20, 2009. (Postmedia files)
Child killer Terri-Lynne McClintic isn’t welcome at the healing lodge that sits on Nekaneet First Nation land, band members say.
McClintic’s transfer from a medium-security prison in Ontario to the Okimaw Ochi Healing Lodge in Saskatchewan has triggered national outrage.
And local band members are furious as well that they were not consulted and only recently learned the child killer was nearby.
There are no fences at the healing lodge and over the years, there have been a number of escapes.
“When you have cases like this that are this horrendous it is a safety concern for everybody because we have children in our community and I know that there are some mothers out there in our community that are absolutely concerned for their children,” band member Cherish Francis told CKOM News Talk Radio.
The Okimaw Ochi Healing Lodge in Saskatchewan where child killer Terri-Lynne McClintic was controversially transferred. SUBMITTED
The Woodstock murderer — who may not even be Indigenous — was convicted in the brutal first-degree kidnapping and sex slaying Tori Stafford in 2009.
Tori was just eight years old. McClintic was sentenced to life with no parole for 25 years.
But even after a jailhouse assault in 2016, McClintic got the green light after just eight years to be sent to a healing lodge last December.
Francis — who is a spokeswoman for the band –added that members are furious they weren’t consulted.
She told CKOM local elders once had a say in who would be allowed to transfer to the Okimaw Ochi Healing Lodge.
Victoria “Tori” Stafford, 8, from Woodstock was murdered by McClintic and her boyfriend. SUBMITTED
But all that changed.
“They would travel during the interview process for some of these inmates that were looking to transfer to the facility,” Francis said.
“It was cut six years ago and since then we’ve had no say as to who comes out of the healing lodge and that is really concerning as a band member.”
The lodge has been a part of the community for 23 years and some inmates have participated in Native ceremonies with band elders.
While the band was under no illusion that inmates at the lodge have done some despicable things, McClintic is beyond the pale.
“In my opinion, if the elders were there in the intake process, I believe that McClintic wouldn’t be in our community right now because they would have screened her out and said her crime is too horrendous to come to our community,” Francis said.
“But they didn’t have that opportunity.”
Chief Alan Francis shared the same concerns in another interview with CKOM.
If elders had been involved in the process, there would have been a different outcome.
Cherish Francis also said she was worried that the Ontario child killer could derail the work the — already misunderstood — healing lodges do.
The true purpose is to reduce the high incarceration rate of Indigenous people, she said.
bhunter@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/fi...r-mcclintic-we-have-children-in-our-community

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It is a majority.
The last poll I can find was done in 2012......perhaps more searching will turn up a more recent one. That poll proved that you were right - at that time Canadians did favor bringing it back. In today's progressive climate, I do wonder if that would still hold, pete.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'm not a supporter of the death penalty just based on the fact the law has gotten it wrong. Guy Paul Moran, Steven Truscott, and David Milgaard are prime examples. However, this case really angers me. She beat that little girls brain in with a hammer, dessert after having been raped by her boyfriend. This woman needs to go back to federal prison, not some hocus-pocus ****ing healing lodge. Give me a ****ing break! She kidnapped Tori Stafford, delivered her for raping, then used a hammer she bought to bludgeon this 9 year-old innocent girl to death.

WTF is wrong with these people?

WTF is wrong with our society that we could let this happen?

WTF? WTF? WTF?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
To bring back capital punishment it will require a Charter amendment.

Because of the Charter a criminal can't be even be forced into rehabilitation, work while incarcerated or educated.

As far as I'm concerned if you willingly take a life you forfeited your Rights. Our current laws require a sociopath to reoffend before they are considered a dangerous offender.

The brother of a friend was a serial rapist. It was only a matter of days after being released on his first sentence to reoffend then back to the pokey. After his second release it happened again.

2 more women had to be raped even though Corrections knew he would reoffend.

This is him:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/convicted-man-declared-dangerous-offender-1.287216
Yes but generally politicians have passed the laws or ignored there interpretation and generally buried their heads in the sand . To be expected when all a politician is one who has a pretty face ,a powerful lobby group and the ability to speak without saying anything .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that at all, pete. I just don't see a majority in favor of it.
The majority is the last person who are consulted or considered in the modern political discourse.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'm not a supporter of the death penalty just based on the fact the law has gotten it wrong. Guy Paul Moran, Steven Truscott, and David Milgaard are prime examples. However, this case really angers me. She beat that little girls brain in with a hammer, dessert after having been raped by her boyfriend. This woman needs to go back to federal prison, not some hocus-pocus ****ing healing lodge. Give me a ****ing break! She kidnapped Tori Stafford, delivered her for raping, then used a hammer she bought to bludgeon this 9 year-old innocent girl to death.

WTF is wrong with these people?

WTF is wrong with our society that we could let this happen?

WTF? WTF? WTF?
Everything is beautiful in its ownwayahahaaaa.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just as there was a "Faint Hope Clause" for convicted murderers, I think there should be a "Faint Hope Clause" for the families of these victims - the "faint hope" being some of the worst offenders WILL swing from the end of a rope. That would even things up a bit. "There's an exception to every rule" is a reality of life.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
MPs Defeat Tory Motion To Condemn Transfer Of Child Killer Terri-Lynne McClintic To Healing Lodge

OTTAWA — The House of Commons has rejected a Conservative push to reverse the transfer of child killer Terri-Lynne McClintic to an Indigenous healing lodge.
The opposition motion, tabled by Tory House Leader Candice Bergen, urged MPs to condemn the decision made by the Correctional Service of Canada last December and for the government to "exercise its moral, legal and political authority" to reverse the move. McClintic is currently serving a life sentence for the 2009 kidnapping and murder of eight-year-old Tori Stafford.
The motion was defeated by a vote of 200 to 82, with New Democrats and Green Party Leader Elizabeth May siding with Liberals.
Bergen later called the prime minister out for skipping the vote, and accused the Liberals of using their majority to bury the party's motion. The government failed to stand up for Stafford's family, she charged.
"Tori deserved better. Canadians know that Tori deserved better. We know that Tori deserved better," the Manitoba MP told reporters outside the chamber. She called it "shameful" that the prime minister and this government are not using their "ability to give Tori a little bit of justice."
When asked if the Tories are politicizing a girl's murder, Bergen said the party has been reflecting the anger Canadians are feeling about the decision. "This is the job that we have to do and it's not always easy," she said.
Rodney Stafford, Tori's father, published an open letter on Friday asking the prime minister to "do the right thing."

It's not about politics.Rodney Stafford on "Power & Politics"

Justice critic Tony Clement said he tried to contact Rodney last week and left a message to ask if he had any advice for the party.
"I wanted to give him room. So I did not want to pursue him, but I wanted to give him the avenue through my private cell number if he had any message for us," he Clement.
"I have not heard from him — which is his right."
Rodney Stafford told CBC News' "Power & Politics" that he travelled to Parliament Hill and took a guided tour with the hope of running into MPs debating the motion Wednesday.
He wanted them to look at his face and "see that I am a person and I am grieving and this issue has basically reflected all across Canada," he said. "It's not about politics."

Click the link for more

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

There's a lot radically wrong in this country. I'll bet the number of people who have been in contact with this monster over the past 8 years would number up in the hundreds, yet she was able to be shipped hundreds of miles to some camp with no or minimal security before anyone spoke up - (the little girl's father) I believe. Who is the person ultimately responsible for the containment of a dangerous and vicious criminal? I think we all have a duty to put the pressure on until this pathetic and useless individual is both penalized and fired. Who do we write to? How many $thousands of tax payer's money have been squandered over this?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Unrelated to the case, but related to the healing lodge

Inmate escapes from healing lodge near Maple Creek, Sask.

A woman serving time for an impaired driving death conviction has escaped from a Saskatchewan healing lodge.
Correctional Service of Canada said Joely Lambourn, 45, was not accounted for during a head count on Nov. 9 at the Okimaw Ohci Healing Lodge near Maple Creek.
She is currently serving a two year, six month sentence for dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, and being unlawfully at large.

READ MORE: What to know about healing lodges, where Tori Stafford’s killer is serving her sentence

A cyclist was killed near Okotoks, Alta., in May 2015 after being struck by the vehicle Lambourn was driving.
Lambourn is five-foot-two, 126 pounds with a fair complexion, brown eyes and hair.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Lambourn is asked to contact their local police detachment.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Tori Stafford’s killer wants compensation for ‘unfair’ treatment after being moved from healing lodge back to prison

Terri-Lynne McClintic, serving a life sentence in the rape and murder of eight-year-old Tori Stafford, wants compensation for her “unfair” treatment when intense public outrage forced her transfer from a healing lodge back into prison.

She is seeking a review of the transfer and compensation for her ensuing loss of liberty.

When the public learned last year that McClintic was moved from a medium-security prison to the Okimaw Ohci Healing Lodge for Aboriginal Women on Nekaneet First Nation in southern Saskatchewan, there was an outcry of anger and frustration. Tori’s father, Rodney Stafford, led a protest on Parliament Hill and opposition politicians hammered the government on the move in the House of Commons.

In response, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale ordered the commissioner of Correctional Service Canada to review McClintic’s transfer, as well as the policy that allowed it to happen.

That prompted prison officials to again reclassify McClintic, this time in reverse, from being a minimum-security inmate to a medium-security inmate on Nov. 8, 2018.

She was then removed from the Okimaw Ohci Healing Lodge in Saskatchewan and transferred to the Edmonton Institution for Women. Soon after, she returned to her former prison home at the Grand Valley Institution for Women in Kitchener, Ont.

She is apparently not happy with her change of environment.

In a court application filed April 30, 2019, she complains the transfer led to the loss of her liberty and the decision to move her was “unreasonable and procedurally unfair, and therefore unlawful.”

Her lawyers asked the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta to evaluate whether the decisions to transfer her and also for an award of costs.

The writ of habeas corpus, a serious court action challenging the lawfulness of restraining a person in government custody, named the Correctional Service of Canada, the warden at the healing lodge, the warden at Grand Valley, the Department of Justice, and Public Safety Canada as defendants. Courts are required by law to place a special priority on any application for habeas corpus.

After a review, however, Judge John T. Henderson put the application on hold Monday until more information is offered by McClintic’s lawyers.

For starters, Henderson said in written reasons, the application says an “affidavit of Terri-Lynne McClintic affirmed April 10, 2019” supports the application — but the affidavit was not actually filed with the court, at least not at the time of him writing his decision.

Without McClintic’s sworn statement on her alleged suffering, there is currently no evidence for the court to evaluate.

Further, Henderson writes, the Alberta court seems to no longer have jurisdiction over the matter.

“It appears Ms. McClintic was initially transferred from the lodge to the Edmonton Institution for Women but now no longer has any connection to Alberta and its courts,” he writes. “It is trite law that the jurisdiction of the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench is limited to the province of Alberta.”

Henderson subjected the application to what is called a Civil Practice Note No. 7, which is a document-based “show cause” judicial review on whether the application should be heard.

Henderson’s review “identified what appear to be potential issues with the application,” he writes. “On its face, the application is potentially one which is defective,” he writes.

McClintic has until 14 days to file her statement with the court.

If she meets that deadline, then the government and prison respondents have seven days to answer and Henderson will then make a final decision whether to dismiss or hear her complaint.

McClintic, serving a life sentence, is not eligible for parole until 2031 after pleading guilty to the first-degree murder of the girl from Woodstock, Ont., the senselessness and brutality of which deeply shocked and appalled the community.

In 2009, Victoria “Tori” Stafford was leaving school when McClintic, lured her to a car with the promise of seeing a puppy. She was forced into the car and McClintic’s boyfriend, Michael Rafferty, drove to a remote area where the girl was raped, beaten to death with a hammer and left in garbage bags under a pile of rocks.

At Rafferty’s murder trial, she changed her story from what she told police investigators. She previously said Rafferty swung the hammer but admitted she had.

Kelsey Sitar, a Calgary-based lawyer who filed the application, declined to comment on the case Tuesday, saying she did not have instruction from her client on speaking to the media.

nationalpost.com/news/tori-staffords-killer-wants-compensation-for-unfair-treatment-after-being-moved-from-healing-lodge-back-to-prison