Federal Carbon Tax ruled to be constitutional

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Now that we have technology, I am waiting for the the two mile high ice caps and the seas to rise 400 feet...

:)

...Again.

If it's so called 'climate change', what's the plan if the change is for colder?

Haven't you been paying attention? The global climate "thermostat" is controlled by carbon dioxide...which we apparently would have complete control over if you would just cooperate and buy into the new religion. You're holding up our ability to control the weather.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
So does this also mean that the provincial carbon taxes are also constitutional?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Listening to Ralph Goodale try and sell this albatross by declaring that everyone is going to get more money back than they pay, it's obvious this strategy is based on Trudeau math...2 subtract 1 equals... uhhh ... umm... 1.5.
Never mind the math, if everyone is getting back more than they pay, how exactly will a carbon tax reduce emissions? If I have more disposable income next year than I did this year because of the carbon tax rebate, how does it curb my spending on emission generating products? And that's just one person, multiply that by the millions of Canadians who will supposedly be getting more back than they paid out.

If the carbon tax is entirely legal to force on the provinces and it is for entirely altruistic reasons, then why all the lies about it from the assholes syphoning it out of our wallets? Because that's what Groper does. He and his minions, who call themselves Team:Trudeau, are clearly incapable of telling the truth about anything. And I gotta wonder, considering the Liberals have demonstrated they have no problem with attempting to obstruct justice, if the three judges who voted in favour were somehow "pressured" to do so.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
There are 40 national and 20 sub national carbon taxes

If someone was really interested in how they are supposed to work why on earth wouldn't they just go and find out?

I's because they don;t care how they work. They only care that they are something they are supposed to be against and so they are.

White natty 101

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
???????????????

??????????????

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Not necessarily. Nor does it mean a change of government cannot cancel it.
A change of government will cancel the provincial carbon taxes?

Also, I don't believe there is a federal party without a carbon tax plan.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Record job creation in April

The job-killing tax did just the opposite.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There are 40 national and 20 sub national carbon taxes
If someone was really interested in how they are supposed to work why on earth wouldn't they just go and find out?
I's because they don;t care how they work. They only care that they are something they are supposed to be against and so they are.
White natty 101
You need spelling 101.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Or BC. Or Ontario or Quebec.

BC has had one since 08 and BC has the best economy in Canada

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Sorry, I thought you where talking about SK & it's court case specifically.
He was , but moved the goal posts . B.C.s carbon taxes are working so well our gasoline usage has dropped . We aren’t driving less , just buying more from Washington border towns .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
My question was weather he ruling that the federal tax is constitutional meant that the provincial taxes were also constitutional.

Not sure where the misunderstanding might be.