Capitalism will save this world

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/americans-diabetes-cross-canada-border-insulin-1.5125988

Capitalism is killing American diabetics.

Caravans of US diabetics coming to Canada to escape crippling US drug prices.

For many too little too late

"Just give us some ideas of how much cheaper it is to buy the insulin in Canada than it is in the United States.

It's about one-tenth the cost. So a vial of NovoRapid in Canada costs about $30 US, and in the United States that same vial — It's called NovoLog — costs about $300.

One of my friends, Quinn — she is paying about $600 a month for insulin. And she was able to bring back with her a three-month supply and saved about $3,000 for her insulin.

There are a couple others that were like that as well, who bought ... many months of supply for themselves to use.

I personally bought a type of insulin that our insurance won't cover here in the United States. It's a backup type of insulin that we'd use if my daughter's insulin pump were to fail. And I'm very grateful to be able to buy exactly the right type that I want to be able to have for her, that we've always used in the past — instead of the new type that our insurance is now only going to cover."

"The type of insulin that my daughter uses — there are only two manufacturers worldwide of a similar type. And they continue to increase their prices lockstep together. This has been going on for many years now, and I think we're finally at the breaking point where the cost is just too high for too many people."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It's one way to rid society of useless feeders. I believe that is what the GOP is all about. They are all paid well by Big Phama to keep people out of circulation and to maximize their profits.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
...and now...back to the news for non hallucinating while on pharma viewers:

Money laundering funded $5.3B in B.C. real estate purchases in 2018, report reveals

British Columbia
Reports point to numerous gaps allowing criminals entry to province's housing market

An estimated $5.3 billion worth of real estate transactions in B.C. last year were the result of money laundering, helping to fuel the province's skyrocketing housing prices, according to a new report.

An expert panel on dirty money in the overall real-estate market estimates that five per cent of the value of 2018 purchases were for laundering purposes, contributing to about a five per cent rise in housing prices.

The effect could be more significant in certain markets, including Metro Vancouver, according to the panel, which was commissioned by the provincial government.

Altogether, dirty money in the real estate market accounted for an estimated 72 per cent of the $7.4 billion that the experts believe was laundered in total in B.C. last year.

"Our economy should work for regular people, not criminals," said B.C. Finance Minister Carole James. "Housing should provide shelter, not a vehicle for proceeds of crime."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/laundered-money-bc-real-estate-1.5128769

Well... a fine time to lock those barn doors now - the horses are already out and long gone...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The climate isn't collapsing.

Do you truly believe the lies of the eco-industrial complex?

As big oil gains more and more ground in becoming "big renewables" how will a war over renewable energy be any different than a war over oil?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yup and all love and hugs until they travel. Then they never leave the resort and when they do they only go to places they see white people go to.