Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Freedom has many faces.

Libya: "Freed" and Forgotten | The Media Co-op

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Waiting for retirement, capitalist style, so he can do it right.

At least a lot more respectful than your hero leaders handling of the dead

Here is a memorial of the lives lost due to Holodomor lives lost due to comrade Stalin and comrade Lenin brutalization of the Ukrainian people

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
All pension plans have money invested in businesses. DO you know what the Ontario Trachers Pension Plan did when they gained majority ownership of TimberWest?
They closed all the unionized company logging opperations and went to non union contractors.
Now your class project is to uncover how much the Steelworkers union has invested in the logging companies their members work for.
Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan is not part of the teachers’ unions.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
ROFLMFAO. There would be no industry without capitalists. Unions would never invest in a business. Most of them would not be able to run a business anyway.
As usual you have been proven wrong.

Teamsters have over $1.5 billion invested in private equity.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/47631088

Stick with sharing your special feelings on immigrants and climate change

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'll start by saying i am not making light of this situation but pointing out what should be the obvious reality.... that the condition of the water in places like Flint Michigan is not at all the problem but one of a million symptoms of taking what was pristine wilderness a mear 5 generations ago and paving it over and building cities and factories where trees and rich soil and wild men and animals once were... as nature provided and intended it for..... Industrialization and it's co-infection, consumerism , is a disease and instead of treating it as such it is worshipped like a gift from the gods..... and fickle gods they are seeing as how the cities and factories and pavement are crumbling now that the usefullness of it's exploitation is coming to an end...... but the sickness continues on....
Jeff Larivier

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I'll start by saying i am not making light of this situation but pointing out what should be the obvious reality.... that the condition of the water in places like Flint Michigan is not at all the problem but one of a million symptoms of taking what was pristine wilderness a mear 5 generations ago and paving it over and building cities and factories where trees and rich soil and wild men and animals once were... as nature provided and intended it for..... Industrialization and it's co-infection, consumerism , is a disease and instead of treating it as such it is worshipped like a gift from the gods..... and fickle gods they are seeing as how the cities and factories and pavement are crumbling now that the usefullness of it's exploitation is coming to an end...... but the sickness continues on....
Jeff Larivier

I guess they could have built in the trees and sh*t in the rivers like 4 generations before eh Cliffy?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
He said he wished his forefathers wouldn't have moved to the new world and destroyed the forests in the name of progress.

Do I get an A Cliffy?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We are are both from a culture connected to the soil and we're given the opportunity to be stewards of the same soil in Canada.

What responsibility was bestowed to your culture?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Capitalism and colonialism were, together, the most brutal outcome. Nothing much has changed except the chains have come off because the enslaved don't need them any more. They have self domesticated.