Is Canada ready for the coming electric vehicle revolution?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
No, . . . When the gensets and prop are underwater they are held to the floor by a single cable, or a few if position is critical. An anchored blimp is the best example that is on land today. Service would be 2 super-tankers side-by-side and having a few cranes of suitable size to receive the module when it floats to the surface. Are you onboard or floundering still??

OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP TAKING LSD just before you start dreaming up IDIOT ANSWERS to sensible points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are clean and sober when you start thinking.................................

you will find that you get MOCKED and RIDICULED much less often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you go look at the piers supporting the bridge between mainland and PEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then try to understand that anything anchored in the water around Canada will have to withstand hits from icebergs and floating pack ice during parts of each year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you could take a look at the multiple TEN MILE LONG steel anchor lines attached to ten thousand tonne anchors that hold oil rigs in place during hurricane season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of COURSE position is critical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the wind mill blows off to IRELAND........................................

it will require a HUGE electric extension cable to get any power back to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on now MHz......................................

Admit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were NEVER an engineer as you claim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You were just the guy who swept the floors in the engineers offices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An actual trained engineer could not be as clueless as you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
From what I hear we don't even have to start worrying about it until 2040, at which time I'll be past middle age.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why dont you go look at the piers supporting the bridge between mainland and PEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then try to understand that anything anchored in the water around Canada will have to withstand hits from icebergs and floating pack ice during parts of each year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you understand what 'submerged' actually means? Do you know what 400ft is? Do you know anything at all??
You were just the guy who swept the floors in the engineers offices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Do you understand what 'submerged' actually means? Do you know what 400ft is? Do you know anything at all??
You can practically walk across that Strait at Cape Tormantine, it's so shallow. .... more like 40 feet.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You can practically walk across that Strait at Cape Tormantine, it's so shallow. .... more like 40 feet.

DEPTH is not the issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything anchored in that water MUST withstand hits from ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Therefor either a VERY WIDE base supporting a relatively narrow top....................................

meaning the narrow top offers a minimal target for drifting ice pack.............................

which is what they used for the PEI bridge..............................

or a smaller anchor type foundation dug VERY DEEP into the ocean bottom............................................

connected by heavy steel cables..............................

which is what they use to hold oil rigs in place is used...............................

is required to hold things in place off the Cdn coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our resident LSD addict and Mindless Muslim propaganda minister MHz.................................

is operating on the assumption that a 150 ft high wind tower can be anchored in place....................................

in open ocean......................................

using some tent pegs and 1/4 inch yellow rope from Cdn Tire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Mindless Muslim does not understand just how much CONCRETE AND STEEL is really required to keep a wind tower upright......

REGARDLESS of whether it is located on land or in water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Mindless Muslim LSD addicted dork looks at photos of wind towers in water...........................

and sees ONLY the narrow tube sticking up out of the waves.......................................

and drug addled MHz does not understand there is MUCH MORE under the water holding the towers up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Against the pressures of waves.........................

and WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Either of you know what 'the Gulf Stream is?

Oh.......................MHz...........................

do YOU KNOW.......................................

what a full blown PSYCHOSIS IS?????????????????????????????????????

Your care givers have probably explained your condition to you.....................................

but your tinfoil hat was on too tight and blocked the explanation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allabajkin

Time Out
May 9, 2019
Electric cars are more environmentally friendly than on gasoline or diesel fuel. And the design of such machines is new for the consumer. Like from star wars. But what to do with old cars remains a mystery.
I thought about changing cars. But selling your car is hard in Canada. Many already want new technologies.
I've heard that there is a demand for Canadian cars in countries such as Belarus, Ukraine. Is it realistic to sell to these countries?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Electric cars are more environmentally friendly than on gasoline or diesel fuel. And the design of such machines is new for the consumer. Like from star wars. But what to do with old cars remains a mystery.
I thought about changing cars. But selling your car is hard in Canada. Many already want new technologies.
I've heard that there is a demand for Canadian cars in countries such as Belarus, Ukraine. Is it realistic to sell to these countries?
There is nothing environmentally friendly about the production of Lithium batteries. There is, as yet, no means of recycling them either. Also, how is your electricity generated to charge the car? Is it by burning something? By damming up river systems and destroying the valleys? By reacting radioactive poisons? The "greenness" of electric vehicles is a bit of an illusion.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

I know I would STILL BE SMARTER THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if an NFL linebacker kicked me in the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your experiments with LSD have rendered you unable to focus on coherent argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH LORDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allabajkin is yet ANOTHER LSD fueled "engineer"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another drug addled mess just like MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe alabajkin IS MHz...................................how many alter egos does he REALLY HAVE?????????????????????????

And have they all met??????????????????????????????????????

And alabajkin says "he thought about changing cars"????????????????????????????

Why do I have a mental image of allabajkin peddling around in a human powered CLOWN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely nobody would let him loose in a REAL CAR????????????????????????????

But wait..................................Our idiot Boy Justin has allowed Muslims who FAILED their drivers test to get out on the road with a "provisional" license!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess allabajkin has one of those special LIE-beral "yes I fcuked up but I am special and govt lets me drive anyway" type licenses?????????????

And is it not ODD that although LIE-berals tell us that "driving is a privilege".................................

AND that they want to control access to guns.................................................

LIE-berals consider that it is IMPORTANT to get former illegals into cars so they can get to their new jobs more easily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND most insanely of all..........................................

LIE-berals are willing to FORGET about photo ID for Muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so long as the firearm buyer gets a letter from their Imam telling LIE-berals the applicant refuses to show their face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Allabajkin and his "idea" about shipping Cdn cars to eastern Europe.......................................

our LSD fueled engineer has NEGLECTED to consider that cargo ships run on DIESEL FUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And shipping Cdn cars to eastern Europe would generate EVEN MORE POLLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he has neglected to consider how much MORE POLLUTION would be produced if we gave away North American cars to the third world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then bought a bunch of new electric TOY cars for ourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently allabajkin assumes that electric Toy cars are made from garden mulch or something of the sort?????????????????

What a Maroon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Let's see now .... burn natural gas to generate electricity to propel cars that can burn the same natural gas directly ... without the loss of efficiency incurred during the generation of the electricity.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Electric cars are more environmentally friendly than on gasoline or diesel fuel" - Probably not over the long haul!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The scientists probably did not factor in all the things that the white nattys know.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The scientists probably did not factor in all the things that the white nattys know.
"The scientists" are not building cars. They are products that are manufactured and marketed to us by industrial giants. They sell what will sell ... nothing more, nothing less.

What's the difference between a propaganda campaign and an advertising blitz?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
No scientist has ever studied the environmental effects of automobiles.