Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I took a fire fighting course on EVs a couple of years ago and at that time they claimed it cost more to recycle than the value of products reclaimed.I expect that will change as economies of scale come into effect.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I took a fire fighting course on EVs a couple of years ago and at that time they claimed it cost more to recycle than the value of products reclaimed.I expect that will change as economies of scale come into effect.

Is there any restrictions on storing them for disposal or recycling? At what cost?

I found some info

The rise of electric cars could leave us with a big battery waste problem

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Interesting artice. Sounds much like nuclear power. Build it and hope to foist the clean up costs on to future generations. Even Nissan's dubious plan of flogging faulty Li ion batteries off on home owners without a clue is just postponing the inevitable. Same goes for all the li ion cordless too batteries. THese cannot keep going into landfills.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It's Tesla's claim in the article not an EPA test on actual so my question stands to you
of course it sill stands

you are nowhere near smart enough to get an answer to an easy question.

all mileage ratings are done by the EPA

If you want to find out what methodology they use that is where you would go to find out.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
of course it sill stands
you are nowhere near smart enough to get an answer to an easy question.
all mileage ratings are done by the EPA
If you want to find out what methodology they use that is where you would go to find out.

And how did they test the new concept? Doesn't it have to be actually built before testing? Computer generated model testing?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
why are you so stupid?

were you dropped on your head as a youngster?