spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Evangelilcul Christians are retartarded
d they pose no threat to the awake, of course they must be consunmned by something else. The historyn of evangellyca;lplls being consumned bgy fire on the spot is impressive

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Evangelilcul Christians are retartarded
d they pose no threat to the awake, of course they must be consunmned by something else. The historyn of evangellyca;lplls being consumned bgy fire on the spot is impressive
It is the majority they are after, the ones not awake and there is no shortage predicted for some time to come. Unlike an animation reality cannot be accurately predicted in the the and now let alone what happens after the sun goes down.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You peek ahead in the book??
He's read other books. There are many more books about the divine than just the bible, ya know. Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breasts of a woman who has been dead that long.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
He's read other books. There are many more books about the divine than just the bible, ya know. Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breasts of a woman who has been dead that long.
Atheists telling folks what they can get out of the Bible. Too funny.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Interesting insight into religious fundamentalism:

Scientists have established a link between religious fundamentalism and brain damage

A study published in the journal Neuropsychologia has shown that religious fundamentalism is, in part, the result of a functional impairment in a brain region known as the prefrontal cortex. The findings suggest that damage to particular areas of the prefrontal cortex indirectly promotes religious fundamentalism by diminishing cognitive flexibility and openness—a psychology term that describes a personality trait which involves dimensions like curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness.
Religious beliefs can be thought of as socially transmitted mental representations that consist of supernatural events and entities assumed to be real. Religious beliefs differ from empirical beliefs, which are based on how the world appears to be and are updated as new evidence accumulates or when new theories with better predictive power emerge. On the other hand, religious beliefs are not usually updated in response to new evidence or scientific explanations, and are therefore strongly associated with conservatism. They are fixed and rigid, which helps promote predictability and coherence to the rules of society among individuals within the group.

Religious fundamentalism refers to an ideology that emphasizes traditional religious texts and rituals and discourages progressive thinking about religion and social issues. Fundamentalist groups generally oppose anything that questions or challenges their beliefs or way of life. For this reason, they are often aggressive towards anyone who does not share their specific set of supernatural beliefs, and towards science, as these things are seen as existential threats to their entire worldview.
Since religious beliefs play a massive role in driving and influencing human behavior throughout the world, it is important to understand the phenomenon of religious fundamentalism from a psychological and neurological perspective.

More: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/scientists-established-link-religious-fundamentalism-brain-damage

Splains a lot about Wally and a few others on here.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I beg your pardon, there are many old books, these old peaple were not stupid You and I are here because they were right.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I,ve decided not to spend winter in NS next year. Talk about hostile climates, Freezing drizzle, And then the next cloud,Please release me from the test of winter.

Iknow relativly fuk all about reality, if your smart you,ll confess, and justn addopt the fix for your position.Spring my ass it,s snowing here

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I,ve decided not to spend winter in NS next year. Talk about hostile climates, Freezing drizzle, And then the next cloud,Please release me from the test of winter.
Iknow relativly fuk all about reality, if your smart you,ll confess, and justn addopt the fix for your position.Spring my ass it,s snowing here
Where are you?

Dartmouth?