Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If it was a loan to be paid back to the people of Canada and Trudeau forgave the loan then yes, he gave the money away and is MCGA.
As the article points out they attempted to recover the money and found out that it was unrecoverable.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Groper bailing out the media.
Refresh my memory.
Avec Plaisir.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid
Btw you get a tax credit. Maybe you sgould decline it in order to prove your independence
Oh Hoid, you make it too easy sometimes. I guess you need me to explain the difference between an individual's tax credits and a bail-out. A tax credit for an individual is a fraction of the taxes back that they paid throughout the year. You are in fact, getting some of YOUR money back. A bail-out is when the govt takes a bunch of yours, mine and everyone else's money and it loans/gives it to a sole entity or industry.
And uh, just because your loyalty can be bought for a few hundred bucks a year doesn't mean mine can be. Don't be projecting your faults and weaknesses onto me.

And there you have it. You regard the media bail out as a tax credit.
As far as the tax incentives go all I can do is lol
It's no wonder you laugh. You confuse bail-outs with tax credits and tax credits with tax incentives.
Oh and uh, with all your ranting about Harper and the auto bail-outs, you keep forgetting to mention McGuinty, who also coughed some nice tax dollars as well. But I guess the McGuinty portion of the bail out was just a tax credit. :lol:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
As the article points out they attempted to recover the money and found out that it was unrecoverable.
And yet mere months after forgiving this "unrecoverable" money, you tell us FC has hundreds of millions to give Tesla.
The article also points out McGuinty's role in the bail-outs as well and yet you save all your anti-bail-out venom for Harper. You know, because obviously McGuinty never approached Harper about bailing out the auto industry which was centered primarily in Ontario. :roll:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Avec Plaisir.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid
Btw you get a tax credit. Maybe you sgould decline it in order to prove your independence
Oh Hoid, you make it too easy sometimes. I guess you need me to explain the difference between an individual's tax credits and a bail-out. A tax credit for an individual is a fraction of the taxes back that they paid throughout the year. You are in fact, getting some of YOUR money back. A bail-out is when the govt takes a bunch of yours, mine and everyone else's money and it loans/gives it to a sole entity or industry.
And uh, just because your loyalty can be bought for a few hundred bucks a year doesn't mean mine can be. Don't be projecting your faults and weaknesses onto me.

And there you have it. You regard the media bail out as a tax credit.
It's no wonder you laugh. You confuse bail-outs with tax credits and tax credits with tax incentives.
Oh and uh, with all your ranting about Harper and the auto bail-outs, you keep forgetting to mention McGuinty, who also coughed some nice tax dollars as well. But I guess the McGuinty portion of the bail out was just a tax credit. :lol:
NO idea what you are talking about.

As far as unrecoverable it was gifted to industry by the stupidity of Steven Harper.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As far as unrecoverable it was gifted to industry by the stupidity of Steven Harper.
Wrong again. It was gifted by trudOWE. Harper gave some loans to the auto industry with the expectation they would be repaid. trudOWE and/or his handlers decided to forgive the loans because they benifit Ontario and Quebec.What a surprise.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Wrong again. It was gifted by trudOWE. Harper gave some loans to the auto industry with the expectation they would be repaid. trudOWE and/or his handlers decided to forgive the loans because they benifit Ontario and Quebec.What a surprise.
I've never seen someone double down on stupid like Hoid/waldo!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Harper gave some loans to the auto industry with the expectation they would be repaid.

They no doubt will be.

I have no doubt Harper will be sitting a good many boards of directors.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Really. YOUR words and you have no idea what YOU'RE talking about? Dar der durka durka derrrrp? So basically what you're saying is you haven't got clue what you're talking about but you're going to give your dumb f*ck opinion on it anyway. Gotta love that ALT-left racist, emotional relativist mentality.
And Dalton MCGuinty. Funny how you never want to blame your ALT-left retard heroes for the exact same shit you blame Harper for.

What's the matter Hoidy, is your self-esteem so tied up in your political ideology that you simply can't admit when the type of people you support f*ck up?

So let's get to the crux of things here. Groper allows SNC to out-right violate the laws for the sake of of a few thousand jobs and that's cool with you. Harper and McGuinty try to save 10s of thousands of jobs in the auto sector and yet you call Harper (and only Harper) stupid. You do realize that the auto industry affects more than just the auto plants right? There's all the feeder plants that aren't owned by the auto industry that make parts for the cars and trucks. When auto plants close down it creates substantial job losses in those places as well. But then you don't really care about jobs anyway. And why should you? You have a full career ahead of you of being mommy and daddy's little basement dweller.

Your idiocy in this thread and others is a clear indication that you are unable to have any kind of intelligent conversation. In fact, you should save yourself some time and create a few macros with all of your favourite standard ALT-left retard responses. "It's all Harper's fault", "White natty", and my new personal favourite, "climate denier", whatever the f*ck a climate denier is. Can't say I've ever heard anyone deny there's a climate.

You know dude, it would be one thing if you were simply stupid. But for you to show off how amazingly stupid you are on a daily basis is just hilarious, or pathetic, I haven't quite decided yet.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that I read your posts.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that I read your posts.
Yet you certainly respond to them there f*ck-o. And apparently you don't even read what YOU post. :lol: :lol: :lol: It must suck for you being proven wrong over and over and over again. I gotta give you credit though, you keep trying to spread your stupidity even though no-one is buying it. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4254463-tesla-verge-technical-breakdown

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Tesla downgraded at Evercore on slowing demand across all models

Evercore downgraded Tesla to "underperform" from "in-line," and slashed its 12-month price target for Tesla to $240 from $330.
Tesla is faced with more competition, lower U.S. tax credits and an "aging" product lineup, says Evercore analyst Arndt Ellinghorst.
"The change in recommendation and lower PT are driven by a more cautious view on demand across all Models, but in particular the recent severe decline in demand for Model S/X," says Ellinghorst.
Evercore downgraded electric car maker Tesla to "underperform" from "in-line" on Monday, citing concerns on the decline in demand across all models.
There are many good reasons to worry about Tesla, including more competition, lower U.S. tax credits and an "aging" product lineup, wrote Evercore analyst Arndt Ellinghorst, who expects these headwinds to weigh on demand and cause a 40% decline in earnings per share by 2020.

Evercore also slashed its 12-month price target for Tesla to $240 from $330, implying 12% downside from Friday's close. Shares of Tesla are down 1.85% to $268 in premarket trading on Monday.

I'm sure the S model that caught on fire in China will help sales as well