Trump's TAXES & $$$ Shenanigans

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hope you understand, Moosie, that tax law is incredibly complex, and Trump has deliberately made his businesses even more opaque than necessary (not that he's alone in that, mind).

It can take years or even decades to put together a case.

If I was the IRS, and had a solid case, I'd wait until after his term was over to go after him, just to avoid all the foofooraw. The IRS isn't interested in politics, it's interested in money.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I agree nobody wants to pay more than they have to, and a lot of grey areas do get used to avoid paying taxes, the resistance movement is everywhere leaks would or will come out if it can be used to remove him from office.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I agree nobody wants to pay more than they have to, and a lot of grey areas do get used to avoid paying taxes, the resistance movement is everywhere leaks would or will come out if it can be used to remove him from office.
Yeah, the whole question is whether the dodges you use are legal or not. And if there's one sane person left at IRS, the Trump file is very close-held.

Mueller's team didn't leak.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Fatty's taxes on the way

https://www.aol.com/article/finance...ee-seeks-trump-tax-returns-from-irs/23705919/

U.S. House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal has asked the Internal Revenue Service to provide six years of President Donald Trump's personal and business tax returns.

"We have completed the necessary groundwork for a request of this magnitude and I am certain we are within our legitimate legislative, legal, and oversight rights,"