All the "KING'S" Men

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
They used to love Mueller , now not so much .
Until shown that Mueller has done sortieing wrong....... He has cred. It is HIS report that we need to see.......not someone else summary...... particularly someone with a bias in favor of Trump.

IF Mueller' report turns out to be the same as the summary........then fine.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Until shown that Mueller has done sortieing wrong....... He has cred. It is HIS report that we need to see.......not someone else summary...... particularly someone with a bias in favor of Trump.

IF Mueller' report turns out to be the same as the summary........then fine.
I will be surprised if it isn’t, but time will tell .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I can't see the report remaining secret whether it is officially released or not.

Outside of Mueller there is no one in Washington who is capable of keeping a secret.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I can't see the report remaining secret whether it is officially released or not.
Outside of Mueller there is no one in Washington who is capable of keeping a secret.
Congress voted 420-0 to see the report in it's etirety, today. Trump can block it but it gives his opponents that much more ammunition if he's obviously hiding the evidence.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Congress oversees the president.

They require the report in its entirety in order to do that.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Congress oversees the president.
They require the report in its entirety in order to do that.
At the very best, Congress gets a redacted doc. if they get anything, at all. Mind you, Trump will look like a steaming pile of shyte afterward but he already does, anyway.

One thing is for sure. Democracy is in serious jeopardy in the USA.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
At the very best, Congress gets a redacted doc. if they get anything, at all. Mind you, Trump will look like a steaming pile of shyte afterward but he already does, anyway.

One thing is for sure. Democracy is in serious jeopardy in the USA.
Barr has already said it will be released publicly.

There are 6 different congressional committees that need it.

They sent him a letter demanding it - not requesting it.

He is complying.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
and btw -just because the AG does not see "proof enough" of obstruction (or even of collusion) is not the definitive say.

Congress oversees the President.

Who knows what they will make out of the ten of thousands of pages of information.

No one who matters has even seen the report yet.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Pretty sure
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ubmit-mueller-report-congress-april-2-n987241
House committee chairs demand full Mueller report by April 2 deadline
In a letter to Attorney General Barr, the Democratic lawmakers said his summary of the special counsel's report "is not sufficient for Congress."
and btw -just because the AG does not see "proof enough" of obstruction (or even of collusion) is not the definitive say.
Congress oversees the President.
Who knows what they will make out of the ten of thousands of pages of information.
No one who matters has even seen the report yet.

And you are still standing by your assumption?

http://time.com/5530421/william-barr-attorney-general-robert-mueller-report/

He decides how much of the report goes to Congress and the White House

Barr has unique power over what aspects of Mueller’s report to share. The regulation about Mueller’s final report says, “At the conclusion of the Special Counsel’s work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.” Read literally, that means the only person Mueller’s report must go to is Barr.
During his confirmation hearing, Barr pledged that he would provide Congress with at least some information about Mueller’s findings. “I also believe it is very important that the public and Congress be informed of the results of the special counsel’s work,” he said during his opening remarks to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Jan. 15. “For that reason, my goal will be to provide as much transparency as I can consistent with the law.”

But Barr has broad discretion over what he deems appropriate to send to Congress, and if he writes a summary of Mueller’s findings, how detailed that summary should be.
Barr’s control over the report is so broad, there is even uncertainty about what he might choose to share with the White House. It’s unclear at what point in the process the White House would have the ability to review the report, according to one White House official. Mueller could send his full report straight to the White House at the same time he sends it to Barr, but Mueller is a literalist when it comes to rules. “I’d be surprised if the special counsel did that without at least clearing it with the attorney general first,” says John Bies, chief counsel at American Oversight. So again, the authority will rest with Barr.

Still want to stand by your statement?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
which statement?

Trump cannot stop Congress from getting the report - therefore his calling to release it publicly is simply for optics.

The AG cannot withhold the report from congress - and has already stated he will release it publicly.

I stand by all of that - even though none of that is my statement.