Scheer swimming with the nattys

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any law requiring the Prime Minister or any member of cabinet needing to be an MP or Senate member.

Of course only MPs and Senators get to vote on laws, but Parliament could choose Vladimir Putin as our PM and the PM could choose Xi Jinping as a cabinet minister. The PM remains PM as long as he maintains the confidence of Parliament and a cabinet minister remains so as long as he has the PM's confidence.

I'm not even aware of any law requiring them to be Canadian citizens

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any law requiring the Prime Minister or any member of cabinet breeding to be an MP or Senate member.
Of course only MP's and Senators get to vote on laws, but Parliament could choose Vladimir Putin as our PM and the PM could choose Xi Linking as a cabinet minister. The PM remainsPm as long as he maintains the confidence of Parliament and a cabinet minister remains so as long as he has the PM's confidence.
I'm not even aware of any law requiring them to be Canadian citizens
They used to occasionally bring private sector big-wigs in to fill cabinet posts. A couple of examples would be CD Howe(an American) dropped in to lead wartime production in Canada and Max Aitken to do a similar job in the UK. It's an emergency only thing, historically. Government's have to keep the confidence of the Parliament or they are dissolved and too many un-elected but powerful people in your government would not have good optics.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Oh I agree. Try to imagine Parliament accepting a non-citizen as PM. I'm just saying there's no law against it.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hmmmm.... foreign-born Prime Ministers ... like John Turner,for instance.

You could theoreticaly become the Prime Minister of Canada while being neither an MP nor a Canadian citizen. I'm less sure about what the law says about a non resident.

You're right about the optics though, just that there's no law against it.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Mayor of Calgary on CBC saying both Kenney and Scheer are pandering to racists.

Cue conservative pundits who say Kenney and Scheer are not pandering to racists.

Well, in case nobody noticed Mr Trump has been doing quite well by pandering to racists.

I wonder how much longer the charade goes on.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Hoid/waldo is gonna have a salty pill to swallow come Oct 21.......lol

White uncle tom calls everybody who disagrees with him racist or white natty

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hoid/waldo is gonna have a salty pill to swallow come Oct 21.......lol
White uncle tom calls everybody who disagrees with him racist or white natty
As I stated months ago. Get ready to be called a racist and climate denier throughout the run up to the election.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
As I stated months ago. Get ready to be called a racist and climate denier throughout the run up to the election.
Not by me. The only time I can ever see what he says is when you quote it.

I could care less what anyone on the ignore list says

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
We all know that you don't like to read people that call you out for the "White uncle tom " hypocrite that you are!
You are just a nagging little hypocrite like Cannuck!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Mayor of Calgary on CBC saying both Kenney and Scheer are pandering to racists.
Cue conservative pundits who say Kenney and Scheer are not pandering to racists.
Well, in case nobody noticed Mr Trump has been doing quite well by pandering to racists.
I wonder how much longer the charade goes on.
Mayor of Calgary is a rascist.