Shootings at 2 New Zealand Mosques

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
https://sputniknews.com/asia/201903151073255627-new-zealand-mosques-shooting/
LIVE UPDATES: At Least 49 Killed in Shootings at 2 New Zealand Mosques

Earlier in the day, mass shootings took place at two mosques in the city of Christchurch, New Zealand, leaving at least 49 people killed and 48 more injured.

According to the New Zealand police, three men and 1 woman are in custody following the shootings at 2 mosques in Christchurch. Police have found and secured improvised explosive devices amid the mosque attacks.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison stated that the shooter in the Christchurch mosque attack was an Australian citizen, describing the suspect as an "extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist."
As reported by New Zealand Herald, the shooter in New Zealand's Christchurch wrote a 73-page manifesto about his plans.The individual wrote "it is a terrorist attack" in his manifesto, the media outlet reported.
At least 49 people have been confirmed killed as a result of shootings at three locations in New Zealand's east coast city of Christchurch, with two of them being mosques, with police urging mosques across the country to shut their doors shotly after the attack.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Difficult to have sympathy for Muslims when you think of what they did to Westerners.

What goes around, comes around.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Difficult to have sympathy for Muslims when you think of what they did to Westerners.

What goes around, comes around.
That is one of the main traits of a psychopath. I thought you should know that.
Thanks for showing what it takes to 'be a member of the big club'. Great drawing card, not.

I didn't realize Fidel was a Muslim or that Iceland was a Muslim Nation.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The manifesto - 79 pages long - mentions Trump, Nationalist White beliefs and just overall inane pro-Trump/pro-kill everyone not white ideals.

Despite that I'm 50-50 on blaming Trump specifically.

He does the lip service, he inspires the hate, sure. But he does *not* force people to go to this extreme.

He just implies it's okay.

Still, it's a perfect example of the influence and power of words and why people in positions like Trump can't just vomit out anything and expect it to be consequence free.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Muslims have only themselves to blame for this, anyone who keeps killing and pushing westerners around and imposing a hateful ideology on them will eventually feel the awesome power of westerners.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Muslims have only themselves to blame for this, anyone who keeps killing and pushing westerners around and imposing a hateful ideology on them will eventually feel the awesome power of westerners.

Westerners have only themselves to blame for this, anyone who keeps killing and pushing Muslims/Arabs around and imposing a hateful ideology on them will eventually feel the awesome power of Muslims/Arabs.

FIFY.

Which begs to question at the end of it all: when will the retaliation stop being the norm? The excuse?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Seems to me murder rampages carried out by White, Christian, Males (at least by affiliation) are treated differently that those carried out by Muslim, Middle Eastern, Men. The former are deemed to be agents of a civilizational colonial aggression, for which the press has assumed a societal guilt.. the latter are deemed to be the victims of such and therefor not the originators but reactors to an injustice.. In the latter there is always some sub text that the targets of the murders got what was coming.

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
If you want to know how this thing came to be just read one of our threads on immigration/refugees/Islam

God knows I can't

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
If Muslims want to live in the West, they have to learn to live by Western style values, not Muslim hateful values.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Most Muslims want to immigrate to Trumps country and leave their country, what does that tell you?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Seems to me murder rampages carried out by White, Christian, Males (at least by affiliation) are treated differently that those carried out by Muslim, Middle Eastern, Men. The former are deemed to be agents of a civilizational colonial aggression, for which the press has assumed a societal guilt.. the latter are deemed to be the victims of such and therefor not the originators but reactors to an injustice.. In the latter there is always some sub text that the targets of the murders got what was coming.

I do not think that is quite true.

I agree that when a white non-Muslim idiot shoots up a mosque he is seen as a terrorist, and he damned well should be.

I also agree that when this happens the media immediately begins trumpeting their lefty agenda; gun control, prevention of free speech, must fight "Islamophobia", etc etc etc.

Muslim terrorists are depicted however as "mentally ill" and we shouldn't assume their hatred is the norm, nor criticize the ideology behind it.

Both are terrorists, both are evil, and the ideology that drives both requires criticism.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The manifesto - 79 pages long - mentions Trump, Nationalist White beliefs and just overall inane pro-Trump/pro-kill everyone not white ideals.

Despite that I'm 50-50 on blaming Trump specifically.

He does the lip service, he inspires the hate, sure. But he does *not* force people to go to this extreme.

He just implies it's okay.

Still, it's a perfect example of the influence and power of words and why people in positions like Trump can't just vomit out anything and expect it to be consequence free.

Excuse me?

I am no fan of Mr. Trump, but I have never heard him say anything that would inspire people to do mass shootings.....or that "implies it is OK".

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
That sure isn’t Texas .

Yeah, on CTV I heard them speak with a professor that is an "expert" on gun control.

First he pointed out that New Zealand let people own guns without registration. As if this guy would care if the gun was registered.

Then he expressed the "horror" Kiwis feel when in the USA when they see people with guns on their hip.

Well, it is a damned shame a few of the people in these mosques didn't have guns on their hip.

The prof is an idiot.