GE sets new 52 week low

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The collective are more like a Viking food fight so I'm comfortable with the past being in the past forever, in your case the past will be the future for some time to coming. lol

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Let me know when it is that many hours rather than weeks. X-mas dinner with a few quarts of black whisky for the in-laws (bring their own) is always a treat to watch.
Do they brew their own up in The hills?

Cape Breton Iskander?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-20/fed-actually-trying-cause-stock-market-crash
The Federal Reserve has decided not to come to the rescue this time.

All of the economic numbers tell us that the economy is slowing down, and on Wednesday Fed Chair Jerome Powell even admitted that economic conditions are “softening”, but the Federal Reserve raised interest rates anyway. As one top economist put it, raising rates as we head into an economic downturn is “economic malpractice”. They know that higher rates will slow down the economy even more, but it isn’t as if the Fed was divided on this move. In fact, it was a unanimous vote to raise rates. They clearly have an agenda, and that agenda is definitely not about helping the American people.
Early on Wednesday, Wall Street seemed to believe that the Federal Reserve would do the right thing, and the Dow was up nearly 400 points. But then the announcement came, and the market began sinking dramatically.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 720 points in just two hours, and the Dow ended the day down a total of 351 points. This is the lowest that the Dow has been all year, 60 percent of the stocks listed on the S&P 500 are in bear market territory, and at this point approximately four trillion dollars of stock market wealth has been wiped out.
We haven’t seen anything like this since the last financial crisis. This is officially the worst quarter for the stock market since the fourth quarter of 2008, and it is the worst December that Wall Street has experienced since 1931.

There has been a financial calamity every 7 years since 1913 when the FED was created. (rather than God is punishing America like this vid promotes, the dates below are from the vid)
7 year cycle
40 years
Financial crashes
5 events 1973, 1980, 1987, 2000, 2007 financial history
1937-38
1929 stock market crasjh
1870 America become a financial power
1945 plan to build new financial tower with america being chosen.
1966 wtc construction begins
1973 wtc construction finished
22001 wtc destroyed
Rise of the US
1914-1918 wall st collapse America in WWI
1939 -45 WWII really it started in 1938 and ended in 1945, 7 years. Sept 7
1952 ??
1947-1991 Cold War
9/25/2014-9/13/2015
Eluid 29 specific day of stock market crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmGDJ3kJqU0&t=1s

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The vid is produced by a Rabbi. When I say you should listen to what he has to say this is your 'reply'. "It's the Joos again!!!!" Clearly you are a fuktard to the very core, not sure why you want to advertise that day after day after day, nor do I care.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Naturally.
Can you even listen to a Rabbi for an hour, let alone understand what he has said. He said God is behind it rather than Jewish Bankers.

If you something other than a lying troll you would at least know that much.

In your world are all Jews I listen to 'self-hating Jews'? (note that no member of the loco collective is part of the ones I respect and I tolerate their rants rather than 'listen' to them as if they were sane)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Best of luck with that.

M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.

Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?

Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Best of luck with that.
M't:23:38:
Behold,
your house is left unto you desolate.
Do you want the RIP now or save it as a surprise?
Eze:39:22-24:
So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity:
because they trespassed against me,
therefore hid I my face from them,
and gave them into the hand of their enemies:
so fell they all by the sword.
According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them,
and hid my face from them.
All that because of GE bumfodder stocks!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
GE hits $6.75 and closes under $7 at $6.93

on 19 Dec the one cent dividend gets paid and that Thursday and Friday might be a good time to buy some of this ish as a trade.
Buying here made sense.//

Buying at $18 was pure folly.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.

To sell as a tax loss?

An American stock in American money?

Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6

Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I am trying to imagine the tax situation that would make it beneficial to have a stock lose so much of its value.
To sell as a tax loss?
An American stock in American money?
Then again my math skills are somewhat lacking because I don't even see how you could DCA a stock that has gone from $30 to $6
Would love to see that math on that.
That would be stupid.
I don't fully understand the math either but I know a tax accountant that does. Or at least Im guessing he does because he is not in jail yet. ABout all I know for sure about it is that the loss can be written off against other income.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Our kettle just went tits up but those great, old fashioned stainless steel GE hemispheres of a half century are no longer available. Today's come from China and last a half decade IF THE GODS SMILE UPON YOU.
The made in China ones have a lump of aluminum bonded to the stainless bottom. When it seperates they no longer heat but are cheaper to heat. Welcome to walmart.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Ask your guy how many shares you have to buy at 6 dollars to average down the ones you bought at $18 or higher.

His answer will surprise Walter