Religion of Peace in action

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I hope that the dim bulbs who phoned 911 and emergency services to complain about the Amber Alert on their phones get charged. If your phone is waking you up in the night, TURN THE GODDAM THING OFF, ya moron.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I hope that the dim bulbs who phoned 911 and emergency services to complain about the Amber Alert on their phones get charged. If your phone is waking you up in the night, TURN THE GODDAM THING OFF, ya moron.
I have this thing on my phone that blocks all calls between 10pm and 7am except for select family member.
A call or text message from anyone else will not go through unless the call is repeated within three minutes..

Didn't bloc that call though since I believe it goes through and comes from your service provider.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have this thing on my phone that blocks all calls between 10pm and 7am except for select family member.
A call or text message from anyone else will not go through unless the call is repeated within three minutes..
Didn't bloc that call though since I believe it goes through and comes from your service provider.
Shut the phone off!! You are not the wing-nut that holds the universe together and if you turn your phone off at night, the planet will continue to rotate at exactly the same rate that it did before you turned it off.

Promise.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you're not out and about travelling the roads what f*****g use is an amber alert going to be to you anyway? :) :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Shut the phone off!! You are not the wing-nut that holds the universe together and if you turn your phone off at night, the planet will continue to rotate at exactly the same rate that it did before you turned it off.

Promise.
If I was someone who thinks only of myself......I would!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
By the way, before I had that do not disturb function on my phone, I get a call from my next door neighbor at 1am that there is someone outside my car looking in with a flashlight.
So I get up in the dark and look out the window and a couple of kids are looking, probably for something to steal.....
What I did was click the lock door button twice, which beeps the horn and then hit the remote start
I now have an extra flashlight that that the kids dropped before running off..
Needeless to say, that neighbor is an exemption on the do not disturb function :lol:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If I was someone who thinks only of myself......I would!
Oh, I see. You keep your phone on 24/7 as a public service.

You must be an E.R. Doctor ....

.... or a NORAD General ....

... or an undertaker ....

.... or a delusional egomaniac.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I don't mind amber alerts as long as they don't interrupt my scifi shows. ;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
MANDEL: Freed homegrown jihadist remains 'high risk to public safety'
Michele Mandel
Published:
February 22, 2019
Updated:
February 22, 2019 7:28 PM EST
Kevin Omar Mohamed. (Handout Photo)
It’s clearly a bad sign when the Parole Board had labels you a “high risk to public safety” but must release you nonetheless.
Kevin Omar Mohamed will soon be out of prison, freed on mandatory release after serving two-thirds of his four-and-a half-year sentence for participating in the activities of a terror group.
According to a parole board decision obtained this week by Global News’ Stewart Bell and Andrew Russell, the panel worries the Whitby man still harbours “dangerous radical religious beliefs” and “may continue to commit terrorist related offences.”
So how concerned should we be about this wannabe jihadi?
“Absolutely concerned,” says Phil Gurski, a former Canadian Security Intelligence Service analyst and author of The Threat from Within: Recognizing Al Qaeda-Inspired Radicalization and Terrorism in the West.
Story continues below
“He clearly showed that he was radicalized, had made an effort to travel, got caught, got tried and he essentially got a slap on the wrist. My understanding is that he hasn’t gone to any counselling or any deradicalization, meaning he’s being released with no indication that his ideology is any less concerning today than it was two years ago.”
Mohamed has been in custody since his arrest in March 2016 by the RCMP.
The former University of Waterloo engineering student had flown to Turkey and crossed into Syria in 2014 with the intention of joining Jabhat Al-Nusrah, an affiliate of al-Qaida.
According to the agreed statement of facts, “his purpose was to enhance the ability of that group to commit terrorist activity.”
Mohamed met with members of the terror group but abandoned his plans when his mother and brother followed him to Turkey and convinced him to return to Canada.
Back home, he continued as an armchair instigator on social media. As Justice Bruce Durno would later determine, “His Tweets encouraged and counseled others to commit hate.”
Under several pseudonyms, Mohamed called attacks against Western targets “beautiful” and identified himself in his profile as a “supporter of international terrorism.”
He encouraged radicalized Muslims who couldn’t travel to do their part at home.
“Maybe you shouldn’t live in the lands waging war on islam unless your (sic) planning attacks against them, perhaps either get out or attack,” he wrote in one tweet.
“If someone wants to attack the west, and is scared of large-scale attacks he could start small, like burning cars and kufar [non-believers] in parking lots,” he wrote in another.
Days after the 2016 terror attacks in Belgium, a post on his Twitter account showed an image of travellers being gunned down and he asked: “Where can I get the Brussels airport MOD (modification)” for the violent video game Call of Duty?”
Two days later, Mohamed was under arrest.
FUREY: Toronto ISIS returnee is laughing at us – something must be done
MANDEL: Mentally ill stabber in army recruiting centre attack to be allowed into community
When he was tracked down hiding on the Waterloo campus, investigators found a large hunting knife in his black computer bag and in a university locker, “handwritten notes taken from Al-Qaida publications which outlined targets, how to generate a plan, discussed firearms and grenades, and preparing then executing the operation.”
Mohamed faced up to 10 years in prison, but in a sweetheart deal the Crown and defence agreed at his sentencing hearing in October 2017 that he should serve only four-and-a-half years due to his early guilty plea and agreement to enter a de-radicalization program.
But now it seems the aspiring jihadist has refused to participate in anything like that program — and yet he’s being released anyway.
Gurski worries Mohamed may now emerge from prison as a “rock star” to his followers. “And he could say, ‘If you think I was pissed off before…”
Fear not, however. The parole board has imposed conditions on his release, including staying away from Internet and taking “religious counselling” — the same counselling he’s eschewed before.
mmandel@postmedia.com
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...n-jihadist-remains-high-risk-to-public-safety

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Deported 9/11 convict apparently paid 7,000 euros
Associated Press
Published:
February 28, 2019
Updated:
February 28, 2019 8:48 AM EST
In this Friday, Nov. 17, 2006 photo Moroccan Mounir el Motassadeq, centre, is arrested by German police in front of his appartment in Hamburg, Germany. Fabian Bimmer / AP
BERLIN — German prosecutors said Thursday that they are investigating how a Moroccan man convicted of helping the Hamburg-based Sept. 11, 2001, suicide pilots was apparently paid some 7,000 euros ($10,525) before he was deported to his homeland last year.
Mounir el Motassadeq was deported in October, shortly before completing his 15-year sentence for membership in a terrorist organization and being an accessory to murder.
An investigation by Hamburg prosecutors centres on an apparent cash payment shortly before his release and deportation of money that had accumulated in his prison account, used in Germany to hold money earned by inmates by working and funds paid in by relatives, among other things.
The money is generally transferred to inmates on their release, but el Motassadeq was on a list of terror suspects whose assets are frozen and aren’t allowed to receive any funds. German weekly Der Spiegel first reported on the matter.
Prosecutors’ spokeswoman Nana Frombach said they are investigating a suspected violation of Germany’s foreign trade and payments act following a complaint by the country’s central bank, or Bundesbank, which is supposed to approve any exemptions from the ban on payments to people on the terror list.
Story continues below
This advertisement has not loaded yet,
but your article continues below.
Frombach said the investigation is currently directed against persons unknown, because investigators need to clear up who ordered the alleged payment.
El Motassadeq was first arrested in Hamburg in November 2001. Following a legal saga that dragged on for years, he was convicted of membership in a terrorist organization and being an accessory to the murder of the 246 passengers and crew on the four jetliners used in the attacks in the United States in 2001.
El Motassadeq was convicted of being part of the so-called Hamburg cell, which included three of the four Sept. 11 pilots — Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi and Ziad Jarrah.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/deported-9-11-convict-apparently-paid-7000-euros

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.K. sex grooming gang's 'appalling catalogue of abuse'
Brad Hunter
Published:
February 28, 2019
Updated:
February 28, 2019 5:31 PM EST
These nine men were convicted of being members of a sex grooming gang who raped vulnerable underage girls.
Members of a sickening sex gang which preyed on underage girls have been jailed for more than 140 years.
South Asian sex grooming gangs have become rife in the United Kingdom.
A number of inquiries have revealed that the gangs are often protected by institutional political correctness.
Now, according to the London Evening Standard, nine members of a Bradford gang have been jailed for an “appalling catalogue of abuse” against young, vulnerable girls.
The newspaper reported that the gang repeatedly raped two girls who were living in a children’s home.
Court heard the sex assaults “deprived them of their childhoods”.
The grooming gang followed a familiar pattern: Vulnerable girls were targeted, given drugs, booze and passed from man to man.
Cops say Basharat Khaliq, 45, was the sex grooming gang’s ringleader.
Even after the girls left the children’s home, the abuse continued and only came to light following another child exploitation probe.
“These two girls were deliberately targeted because of their vulnerability,” said Paula Craven, of the Child Protection Services.
“Sadly, the exploitation followed a pattern which is all too familiar in cases of this kind. These victims suffered an appalling catalogue of degrading emotional and sexual abuse which has deprived them of their childhood.”
Craven added: “Sexual exploitation impacts on victims in many different ways. It feeds on vulnerability and eats into trust and feelings of self-worth. It changes lives forever.”
Convicted were: Ringleader Basharat Khaliq, 45; Saeed Akhtar, 55; Naveed Akhtar, 43; Parvaze Ahmed, 36; Izar Hussain, 32; Zeeshan Ali, 32; Kieran Harris, 28; Fahim Iqbal, 28, and Mohammed Usman, 31.
“I would like to highlight the courage and tenacity of the victims to go through the court process and who have maintained trust in the police and the criminal justice system throughout,” Det.-Supt. Jonathan Morgan said.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/u-k-sex-grooming-gangs-appalling-catalogue-of-abuse