New Security Cameras

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This might be of interest to you Pete...
I just got a couple of security cams for outside and one for inside....made by wyze cam, and not too expensive....
you can get three for less than a hundred bucks direct from the company and just a few dollars more from amazon

https://www.wyzecam.com/

They have have some nice features such as motion detection recordings that you can access with any smart phones, with alerts on your phone, which I wouldn't recommend except for inside cameras when you are out of town...

Here is an example of motion activation in front of my house......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03h1WjXKLY&feature=youtu.be

The resolution is so good that at that distance with my phone I can zoom in and read the license plate

That's before the exhaust blurred it.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Less camera time and go fix that speed bump across the road before someone hits the roof and breaks their neck. . . . your's is fine, perhaps a bit more speed will smooth out the bump.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Every man for himself kind of place?? In my 'neighborhood' (when I had one) the people with vehicles would pull a a few old tires (3 at the most). Leave it at the main road and somebody coming in would hook up. No ruts and no snow-plow, today somebody on the block you live on would have access to a skid-steer and do all the driveways on the block.

Small town Alberta died about 1960, about the time you started to have to buy fertilizer in order to not starve during the winter,

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
????

The neighbor to my left was doing her own driveway till she reached 84....Then she hired a contractor to do it

she always refused my help, except for the city plow snowbank....
Then she used a contractor until she died two years ago at 92

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You didn't mention their gender, that was my way of asking. I would have just done Grannies and then asked permission, what is she going to do, call the cops??
I also would have approached the contractor to see what he would charge to all the other ones and get the money from the ones that prefer machines during heart attack season.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This might be of interest to you Pete...
I just got a couple of security cams for outside and one for inside....made by wyze cam, and not too expensive....
you can get three for less than a hundred bucks direct from the company and just a few dollars more from amazon
https://www.wyzecam.com/
They have have some nice features such as motion detection recordings that you can access with any smart phones, with alerts on your phone, which I wouldn't recommend except for inside cameras when you are out of town...
Here is an example of motion activation in front of my house......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i03h1WjXKLY&feature=youtu.be
The resolution is so good that at that distance with my phone I can zoom in and read the license plate
That's before the exhaust blurred it.
Yup. It's time to video up behind the garage.

Apparently I'm missing out on all the action.

I woke to cops pounding on the door asking for any video of the alley.

It's becoming a common knock.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The Wyze Camera has very good night vision....I can't show you now because the camera is positioned inside filming through the window until spring and the infrared lights cause a glare in the glass so I had to turn off the night vision.
Come spring,I will build a protective box for it outside.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
This is my inside camera set up in a central location, that anyone going through the house has to pass in front of the camera... and it has motion activated recording to a a memory card
Here is a screen grab in total darkness with all the lights off...

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
This is my inside camera set up in a central location, that anyone going through the house has to pass in front of the camera... and it has motion activated recording to a a memory card
Here is a screen grab in total darkness with all the lights off...
you should install one that fires bullets at the intruders. ;)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
you should install one that fires bullets at the intruders. ;)
I wouldn't want to hurt the neighbor who might come to check the house once in a while I'm gone

Since it can be set up to send me phone alerts when it detects movement

I could have a shotgun set up and triggered from my phone also....

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
A motion sensing proggie on the lap top cam or USB cam on the PC will also do.
;)
just sit it in a relevant window if one wants to see outside.

hunterclail1221

Aug 6, 2018
Have not heard of Wyzecam... we currently have Blink cameras installed on certain sections of the home that are wireless, and battery is working great for us so far. Impressed that it could endure harsh weather, but we're still contemplating whether to add more indoor security cams.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Holy crap! What kind of hell-holes do you live in that require you to put security cameras all over the place?