Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
IS Justin GUILTY or NOT GUILTY?

OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he "welcomes" the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner's newly-announced investigation into whether he or anyone in his office tried to have former justice minister Jody Wilson-Raybould abandon the prosecution of a case against SNC-Lavalin.
"This is an issue that has been much talked about over the past few days and I think that it's extremely important that Canadians can continue to have confidence in our system," Trudeau told reporters in Vancouver on Monday.
This comment came shortly after commissioner Mario Dion's office confirmed that an "examination" had been launched under the Conflict of Interest Act because he believes the law may have been contravened in this case.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...case-1.4292014
Well from all the facts I have read so far, I see the pattern of guilty...

Though it has been said the way to direct a Canadian election is to scandalize the current admin so the opposite side gets in. ( LOL just in time for the big financial crash we all ought to know is coming at some point in the not too distant future)
Well, what's your take on it?
PS:
Canada is the 9 least corrupt nation out of 175 countries...
https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/corruption-rank
..or are we now just open for business...?
Last edited by Danbones; Feb 11th, 2019 at 10:14 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
Flippant attitude' on SNC-Lavalin scandal may hurt Trudeau
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uTA-NoBE8

"If Scheer was doing a better job, the liberals wouldn't have to be both the party in power and the opposition"

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+4
Oh big whoop. Another ethics investigation that if found guilty will result in a $500 fine. This goes beyond mere unethical behaviour.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Yeah, I think you are "right" myself...but then there is the way the "left" seems to get away with stuff...

A good example being what happened too Faith Goldy when she was screwed by both Bell AND the courts.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Jody Wilson-Raybould Uses Resignation Letter to say 'I've Retained Council' WOW!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNp_YEvbb4s

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...f-snc-lavalin/

Hoid
This is a way better idea

You should have concurrent threads for all topics, thereby allowing you to blog uninterrupted.

spaminator
+2
lovefest over

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
The SNC-Lavalin scandal takes a dramatic turn for Trudeau's government | At Issue

CBC News: The National
Published on Feb 13, 2019
The SNC-Lavalin scandal has taken a dramatic turn. Former Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould has quit Justin Trudeau's front bench, and the ethics commissioner has launched an investigation. What will her departure mean for the Liberal party and for Justin Trudeau? Time for a special Tuesday edition of At Issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xER02IKqmoM

The discussion:
MISS W.A. has sent a letter, saying she is consulting council on what she is allowed to say legally...and the government story doesn't add up and keeps changing.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

This is a way better idea
You should have concurrent threads for all topics, thereby allowing you to blog uninterrupted.

Poor Hoid. You have been A$$imilated.

DaSleeper
+2
I like to repost this list once in a while

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...eply&p=2570262

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Interference in Judiciary by PMO and Trudeau Tosses JWR Under The Bus (figuratively)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evD8H2VmiJo

Vice admirable Norman's lawyers have made the charge the PMO's office is actually active in directing and helping the prosecution. which is so totally against the law you'd think the guy was a Palestinian.

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman’s pretrial judge questions independence of public prosecution service
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...talk-strategy/

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman's defence lawyers intend to probe actions of Liberal minister: court filings
Norman was suspended after it was reported that the newly elected Liberals planned to delay a contract awarded to Davie Shipbuilding for a navy supply ship
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-court-filings

..and there is Trudeau throwing ex AG JWR under the bus while trying to claim it's her fault for not going to HIM over something he was doing wrong...

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I like to repost this list once in a while
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...eply&p=2570262

Looks like you might get to add "destroyed own government just before election" to that list.

Hopefully the conservatives won't inherit the giant economic crash we are certain to get in the not to distant future.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
I wish you would have joined the ongoing conversation on this conversation DB makes it too easy for Hoid to hit and run with a drive by posting Lol

petros
+1
Yay A Justice Committee!

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Yay A Justice Committee!

Nothing to see here , move along .

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+8
#16  Top Rated Post
Funny how a PM can contravene the Criminal Code and only be investigated for ethics violations.

Mowich
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Interference in Judiciary by PMO and Trudeau Tosses JWR Under The Bus (figuratively)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evD8H2VmiJo

Vice admirable Norman's lawyers have made the charge the PMO's office is actually active in directing and helping the prosecution. which is so totally against the law you'd think the guy was a Palestinian.

Vice-Admiral Mark Normanís pretrial judge questions independence of public prosecution service
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...talk-strategy/

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman's defence lawyers intend to probe actions of Liberal minister: court filings
Norman was suspended after it was reported that the newly elected Liberals planned to delay a contract awarded to Davie Shipbuilding for a navy supply ship
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-court-filings

..and there is Trudeau throwing ex AG JWR under the bus while trying to claim it's her fault for not going to HIM over something he was doing wrong...

Smartest thing Admiral Norman did was to hire Marie Henein as his lawyer. That lady is whip smart and has an outstanding staff well able to dig deep to find the slightest hint of dirt to use against the Crown. From what I've been reading they've been doing a great job so far.

Mowich
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Funny how a PM can contravene the Criminal Code and only be investigated for ethics violations.

I'm wondering if there is anyway the opposition could demand that the RCMP launch a criminal investigation into the PMO'S legal machinations.

Power Play is about to start and two of the lib lawyers on the Justice Committee are going to be on the program.

justfred99
+3
The SNC Lavalin affair has certainly had some twists to it over the last 5-6 days. I (I sense a lot of Canadians do too) wonder if Just-in is trying to cover up something that he created? The committee today says that they will only have 3 witness at their investigation, and they hand picked those. Would that be ones that they know got 99.9% on the "LYING WITH A STRAIGHT FACE COURSE? I heard one of the Liberals say they do not have the money for more people. Sounds to me like he was trying to suggest that Just-in wants to sweep this thing under the rug. GET MORE RUGS!
Is there a possibility or probability that Just-in would have SNC Lavalin send some money over to a Swiss Bank account that Just-in has signing authority over? We hear that SNC paid the Liberals money to their campaign fund over the years, should we check if they are also funneling money to the Trudeau money laundering account that he is ultimately in charge of?
I get cynical when I hear that Quebec is more corrupt than Africa and when you realize that Just-in is from Quebec, should we trust him to not be corrupt? Just asking?

Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
Former Ontario attorney general weighs in on SNC-Lavalin affair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkWd_3ShjQA

"Obstruction of justice charges have been laid for far far less evidence than this."

"This is not a dictatorship..."

He points out that the change to the criminal code that benefits L-snc was put in a budget bill so it would pass without being debated. He thinks a police investigation is called for if there isn't one already.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I wish you would have joined the ongoing conversation on this conversation DB makes it too easy for Hoid to hit and run with a drive by posting Lol

If Hoid had any credibility at this point, but I don't believe he does.

Any post HE makes is thread drift..into fakenews talkingpoint insanity.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by justfred99 View Post

The SNC Lavalin affair has certainly had some twists to it over the last 5-6 days. I (I sense a lot of Canadians do too) wonder if Just-in is trying to cover up something that he created? The committee today says that they will only have 3 witness at their investigation, and they hand picked those. Would that be ones that they know got 99.9% on the "LYING WITH A STRAIGHT FACE COURSE? I heard one of the Liberals say they do not have the money for more people. Sounds to me like he was trying to suggest that Just-in wants to sweep this thing under the rug. GET MORE RUGS!
Is there a possibility or probability that Just-in would have SNC Lavalin send some money over to a Swiss Bank account that Just-in has signing authority over? We hear that SNC paid the Liberals money to their campaign fund over the years, should we check if they are also funneling money to the Trudeau money laundering account that he is ultimately in charge of?
I get cynical when I hear that Quebec is more corrupt than Africa and when you realize that Just-in is from Quebec, should we trust him to not be corrupt? Just asking?

Well he was getting paid by public institutions to speechify well collecting a MPís salary .

petros
+2
Can we start chanting "Lock her(Trudeau) up" yet?

spilledthebeer

Flippant attitude' on SNC-Lavalin scandal may hurt Trudeau
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uTA-NoBE8

"If Scheer was doing a better job, the liberals wouldn't have to be both the party in power and the opposition"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a real Dan BONEHEAD remark about SCHEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

LIE-berals are the party in power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

That means they control the parliament and the political agenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Scheer can do is point out where LIE-berals are BURYING THEIR DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Scheer must hope that Cdns will REMEMBER THAT DIRT when they hit the ballot box in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But isnt it nice that our usually LIE-beral loving news media has decided that the SNC Lavalin mess is NEWSWORTHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Cdn media smells political blood in the water over this Lavalin scandal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral loving news media is very sensitive to honest accusations of political bias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they dare not look away and refuse to comment on this bleeding LIE-beral political mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is every reason to assume there will be a new govt in October and our media whores do not want to be on the wrong side of things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Cdn media CANNOT LOOK AWAY FROM THE GROWING SCANDAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there is NO WAY for Our idiot Boy to defuse it either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A full and formal inquiry cannot be completed till after the October election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And idiot Boy cannot simply make it go away by refusing to talk about it- in standard LIE-beral fashion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either Wilson- Reybauld still has political ambitions and wants to protect her reputation as best she can and has hired that lawyer to help her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or the Lavalin mess is SO HUGE that she has hired the lawyer to keep her ass out of jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once the full truth comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all- at this point- THE QUESTIONS ARE PILING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isnt just about Wilson-Reybauld and Lavalin ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was Justice Minister when the Admiral Norman trial began!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Norman is Alleged to have leaked cabinet secrets to Davie Shipyards regarding the LIE-beral choice to CANCEL the Conservative contract to purchase new ship for the navy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we have another accusation against a civil servant for allegedly leaking virtually the same secrets as Norman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And at the same time we have that grand LIE-beral announcement to purchase BAE T 26 DESTROYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are LIE-berals simply trying to BURY multiple piles of political dirt behind all this sound and fury and legal machination??????????????????????

Should we ask just how much dirt Wilson-Reybauld is struggling to AVOID TALKING ABOUT?????????????????????????

And there is every reason to believe that LIE-berals ARE NOT SERIOUS about buying any new weapons for Cdn military!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No new fighter jets and certainly no new ships either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If LIE-berals get re-elected in October 2019- then we can count on them cancelling ALL proposed military procurement deals in 2020!!!!!!!!!!

Right along with cancellation of Kinder Morgan pipeline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the blighted careers of Norman and REy-Bauld...........oh well...................APPARENTLY LIE-beral politics IS A DIRTY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THEY MIGHT JUST BE CASUALTIES?????????????????????????????

Mowich
Conservative
+4

Former Ontario attorney general weighs in on SNC-Lavalin affair
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkWd_3ShjQA

"Obstruction of justice charges have been laid for far far less evidence than this."

"This is not a dictatorship..."

He points out that the change to the criminal code that benefits L-snc was put in a budget bill so it would pass without being debated. He thinks a police investigation is called for if there isn't one already.

He was absolutely right about the libs sneaking in changes to the criminal code using the omnibus budget bill. The fact that The Great Enabler would even consider using an omnibus bill after continually vilifying the previous government for doing so is yet another example of his extreme hypocrisy. Say one thing to get votes then do exactly the other once in power. Changes to the criminal code mean that judges are given the discretion to levy fines in lieu of jail time should they feel the person/company warrants such treatment. Should SNC Lavalin get off with a fine they would then be allowed to keep operating in Canada instead of facing a 10 year ban on doing so.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
The government’s case for ‘remediation agreements’ made no mention of SNC-Lavalin

Quote:

All eyes were on the House justice committee today as it met on Parliament Hill to argue about how far to go when it comes to probing what led Vancouver MP Jody Wilson-Raybould—the former veterans affairs minister, and before that justice minister and attorney general—to quit cabinet this week.
At issue is a previously obscure law—introduced and passed by the Liberal government only last year—that allows federal prosecutors to offer a break to companies facing criminal trial for economic crimes, by punishing them instead under a new tool called a “remediation agreement” that spares them from going to court.
Liberals on the justice committee today emphasized the need to understand remediation agreements, also sometimes called “deferred prosecutions,” but they aren’t the first MPs on the Hill to look into the matter. With much less fanfare, the House finance committee took a quick look at the issue last spring—when a justice department official offered MPs bland reassurance about the measure’s origins and how it would work in practice.
READ MORE: Paul Wells on ‘the real Canada’
All the fresh interest now about the law springs, of course, from stories in the Globe and Mail that contain allegations Wilson-Raybould was pressured when she was attorney general by the Prime Minister’s Office to intervene to let SNC-Lavalin, the Montrťal engineering giant, negotiate a remediation agreement rather than facing a damaging bribery trial.
The story brought to light a history of intense lobbying by SNC-Lavalin to have the government introduce the remedial agreement option in the first place. And, when the federal public prosecutions office later declined to let SNC-Lavalin negotiate such a deal, the company allegedly pushed again to have Wilson-Raybould step in. (The attorney general has the power to tell the director of public prosecutions what to do, as long as that direction is put in writing and published in the Canada Gazette.)
Last spring, the House finance committee heard testimony about the policy from Ann Sheppard, senior counsel in the justice department’s criminal law section, and asked her questions. The committee was studying last year’s sprawling budget omnibus bill, into which the remediation agreement reform was stuffed, along with many other measures.
Without mentioning that the remediation agreement legislation was prompted in any way by SNC-Lavalin’s desire to avoid trial over a Libyan bribery scandal, Sheppard said no single case was behind the measure. Asked who wanted it then, she said a wide range of groups, including “small and medium-sized enterprises.”
Despite her upbeat portrayal of the origins of the reform, some MPs remained skeptical. “It leaves a bad taste in my mouth in the sense that it seems we’re going to let off people who would commit a very serious economic crime…” said Liberal MP Greg Fergus during the committee hearing. “We seem to be letting off people in white-collar crimes with a little slap on the wrist.”
“I have deep concerns,” said Conservative MP Dan Albas. “Even the fact that you can have the bribery of a foreign official, to me that is not just an average, everyday, white-collar crime. That is something that someone who is politically connected or at a very high level in business can do.” (Albas suggested the justice committee should look into the policy, which it finally got around to only this week, and only after Wilson-Raybould’s resignation forced the matter.)
It was NDP MP Pierre-Luc Dusseault who asked Sheppard, “Was there a particular case that led you to propose such a change in order to deal with similar situations?” She answered that the remedial agreement idea was “not motivated by any particular case, but it’s something that is being considered in other countries or has been in place in other countries.” She mentioned U.S. and British law, along with similar legislation then being passed in Australia.
Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre also pressed her on the motivation for the bill. “Who asked for this?” Poilievre wanted to know. “It came as a result of a public consultation,” Sheppard answered. “There were NGOs, accountants, business associations, prosecutors, small and medium-sized enterprises, so there was quite a diversity of views. Individual prosecutors made submissions. It attempts to respond to the feedback that was given by the vast majority, actually.”
Sheppard also stressed the independence of federal prosecutors to decide when to negotiate a remediation agreement, not mentioning the possibility of the attorney general stepping in. “Remediation agreements would be a new tool for prosecutors in Canada to use at their discretion in appropriate circumstances where it’s in the public interest to do so,” she said, adding later, “They have to be convinced that it’s in the public interest, and the court has to be convinced that it’s in the public interest.”

Decapoda
+4

...throwing her under the bus...in front of a bus!!! You couldn't make this stuff up!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

...throwing her under the bus...in front of a bus!!! You couldn't make this stuff up!

Wow I didn't catch that the first time I saw it. Man, that setting is soooo symbolic.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

He was absolutely right about the libs sneaking in changes to the criminal code using the omnibus budget bill. The fact that The Great Enabler would even consider using an omnibus bill after continually vilifying the previous government for doing so is yet another example of his extreme hypocrisy. Say one thing to get votes then do exactly the other once in power.

And yet the ALT-left cretins whine about "populism".

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Making a mockery of the committee by deflecting instead of probing

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Making a mockery of the committee by deflecting instead of probing