Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
IS Justin GUILTY or NOT GUILTY?

OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he "welcomes" the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner's newly-announced investigation into whether he or anyone in his office tried to have former justice minister Jody Wilson-Raybould abandon the prosecution of a case against SNC-Lavalin.
"This is an issue that has been much talked about over the past few days and I think that it's extremely important that Canadians can continue to have confidence in our system," Trudeau told reporters in Vancouver on Monday.
This comment came shortly after commissioner Mario Dion's office confirmed that an "examination" had been launched under the Conflict of Interest Act because he believes the law may have been contravened in this case.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tru...mo-interference-in-snc-lavalin-case-1.4292014
Well from all the facts I have read so far, I see the pattern of guilty...
:)
Though it has been said the way to direct a Canadian election is to scandalize the current admin so the opposite side gets in. ( LOL just in time for the big financial crash we all ought to know is coming at some point in the not too distant future)
Well, what's your take on it?
PS:
Canada is the 9 least corrupt nation out of 175 countries...
https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/corruption-rank
..or are we now just open for business...?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Flippant attitude' on SNC-Lavalin scandal may hurt Trudeau

"If Scheer was doing a better job, the liberals wouldn't have to be both the party in power and the opposition"

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, I think you are "right" myself...but then there is the way the "left" seems to get away with stuff...

A good example being what happened too Faith Goldy when she was screwed by both Bell AND the courts.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
This is a way better idea

You should have concurrent threads for all topics, thereby allowing you to blog uninterrupted.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
lovefest over ;)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The SNC-Lavalin scandal takes a dramatic turn for Trudeau's government | At Issue

CBC News: The National
Published on Feb 13, 2019
The SNC-Lavalin scandal has taken a dramatic turn. Former Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould has quit Justin Trudeau's front bench, and the ethics commissioner has launched an investigation. What will her departure mean for the Liberal party and for Justin Trudeau? Time for a special Tuesday edition of At Issue.

The discussion:
MISS W.A. has sent a letter, saying she is consulting council on what she is allowed to say legally...and the government story doesn't add up and keeps changing.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Interference in Judiciary by PMO and Trudeau Tosses JWR Under The Bus (figuratively)

Vice admirable Norman's lawyers have made the charge the PMO's office is actually active in directing and helping the prosecution. which is so totally against the law you'd think the guy was a Palestinian.

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman’s pretrial judge questions independence of public prosecution service
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/pol...s-lawyer-says-crown-should-not-talk-strategy/

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman's defence lawyers intend to probe actions of Liberal minister: court filings
Norman was suspended after it was reported that the newly elected Liberals planned to delay a contract awarded to Davie Shipbuilding for a navy supply ship
https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...look-at-defence-strategy-in-new-court-filings

..and there is Trudeau throwing ex AG JWR under the bus while trying to claim it's her fault for not going to HIM over something he was doing wrong...

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I wish you would have joined the ongoing conversation on this conversation DB makes it too easy for Hoid to hit and run with a drive by posting Lol

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Interference in Judiciary by PMO and Trudeau Tosses JWR Under The Bus (figuratively)

Vice admirable Norman's lawyers have made the charge the PMO's office is actually active in directing and helping the prosecution. which is so totally against the law you'd think the guy was a Palestinian.

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman’s pretrial judge questions independence of public prosecution service
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/pol...s-lawyer-says-crown-should-not-talk-strategy/

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman's defence lawyers intend to probe actions of Liberal minister: court filings
Norman was suspended after it was reported that the newly elected Liberals planned to delay a contract awarded to Davie Shipbuilding for a navy supply ship
https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...look-at-defence-strategy-in-new-court-filings

..and there is Trudeau throwing ex AG JWR under the bus while trying to claim it's her fault for not going to HIM over something he was doing wrong...
Smartest thing Admiral Norman did was to hire Marie Henein as his lawyer. That lady is whip smart and has an outstanding staff well able to dig deep to find the slightest hint of dirt to use against the Crown. From what I've been reading they've been doing a great job so far.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Funny how a PM can contravene the Criminal Code and only be investigated for ethics violations.

I'm wondering if there is anyway the opposition could demand that the RCMP launch a criminal investigation into the PMO'S legal machinations.

Power Play is about to start and two of the lib lawyers on the Justice Committee are going to be on the program.

justfred99

Nominee Member
Aug 2, 2015
North America
The SNC Lavalin affair has certainly had some twists to it over the last 5-6 days. I (I sense a lot of Canadians do too) wonder if Just-in is trying to cover up something that he created? The committee today says that they will only have 3 witness at their investigation, and they hand picked those. Would that be ones that they know got 99.9% on the "LYING WITH A STRAIGHT FACE COURSE? I heard one of the Liberals say they do not have the money for more people. Sounds to me like he was trying to suggest that Just-in wants to sweep this thing under the rug. GET MORE RUGS!
Is there a possibility or probability that Just-in would have SNC Lavalin send some money over to a Swiss Bank account that Just-in has signing authority over? We hear that SNC paid the Liberals money to their campaign fund over the years, should we check if they are also funneling money to the Trudeau money laundering account that he is ultimately in charge of?
I get cynical when I hear that Quebec is more corrupt than Africa and when you realize that Just-in is from Quebec, should we trust him to not be corrupt? Just asking?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Former Ontario attorney general weighs in on SNC-Lavalin affair

"Obstruction of justice charges have been laid for far far less evidence than this."

"This is not a dictatorship..."

He points out that the change to the criminal code that benefits L-snc was put in a budget bill so it would pass without being debated. He thinks a police investigation is called for if there isn't one already.

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup