The "Wall" Obsession

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I see the Liberals are already in a rage over the wall being built.

It is all there in the Bill!

*snicker*

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Trump is spinning it like t he wall is being built........ but fact checks indicate he is lying. Heck....even fox news is appalled at the degree of lying coming from him.

He has NO cred at all ..whatever he says ........ either consider the opposit or take it with a serious grain of salt.

Only his die hard supports actually take what he says at face value. But that speaks to their "moral" and "ethical" compass. While critical thinking is an unknown entity.
So there is no funding ? Confusing .

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
You are right. Consing?? yes. Mixed messages coming from various "officials"...... yes.

One big issue........ Trump does not want bipartisan ship....... He wants HIS way......He is very immature that way. His way or nothing....... Mind you .....he has been a spoilt child all his life........ so we should not be surprised by his immature temperament.

(an aside: but Bush Jr.... said "This would be a lot easier if this were a dictatorship" Trump behaves like he is operating a dictatorship......... and when things don't go HIS way he rants like a lunatic on Twitter or at his rallies. His oh so obvious bias in favor of Putin and NK...........while offending allies........ speaks volumes.......re: his mindset.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
No wall... just physical barriers.

If it helps you sleep at night.

*snicker*

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The package passed contains money for border security measures, not for a wall.

Yes, I've heard the bafflegab as the Trump administration tries to claim that maintaining and upgrading the 700 miles (1100km) of current barriers constitutes fulfilling his promise.

Still waiting for the whopper he'll tell on how Mexico is actually paying for it.

Still, Trump got some of his money. I expect he'll start building his "big, beautiful wall" with the 1100-1200km of the border that's a trackless, uninhabited, uninhabitable, impassable, hardpan desert nobody uses to cross anyhow.

Here's a couple of facts for your conversation. The majority of illegal aliens in the U.S. are visa overstays, not border crossers. And according to the DEA, the "vast majority" of illegal drugs in the country are smuggled through legal entry ports, not snuck across the border.

But I'm sure Trump's wall will stop that.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think I have a new forum signature to work with, courtesy of the neocons beloved Ann Coulter:
“The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot.”

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think I have a new forum signature to work with, courtesy of the neocons beloved Ann Coulter:
“The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot.”
I totally LOVE it. Ann has gained some cred in my eyes......when she said that.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Total Trade Deficit

Trump said: “You saw last month, the trade deficit went way down.”
The facts: Trump made this same misleading claim at a rally in El Paso, Texas, this week. It’s true that the monthly goods and services trade deficit was $49.3 billion in November, down $6.4 billion from $55.7 billion in October, according to Bureau of Economic Analysis figures. But the October trade deficit was the highest monthly deficit in 10 years. Also, the November monthly figure was still higher than it was at the same point in 2017 and 2016.
Overall, the trade deficit is up 20.3 percent for the 12 months ending in November, compared with 2016, the year before Trump took office.
Trade Deficit with China

Trump said: “We’ve been losing on average $375 billion a year with China. Lot of people think it’s $506 billion. Some people think it’s much more than that.”
The facts: Trump has been exaggerating the U.S. trade deficit with China since the 2016 election. The goods-and-services trade deficit with China averaged almost $222 billion between 1999 and 2017, according to BEA data. The deficit with China was $275 billion through the first three quarters of 2018, which is the most recent BEA data available.

From Factcheck: the man is a pathological liar.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Total Trade Deficit

Trump said: “You saw last month, the trade deficit went way down.”
The facts: Trump made this same misleading claim at a rally in El Paso, Texas, this week. It’s true that the monthly goods and services trade deficit was $49.3 billion in November, down $6.4 billion from $55.7 billion in October, according to Bureau of Economic Analysis figures. But the October trade deficit was the highest monthly deficit in 10 years. Also, the November monthly figure was still higher than it was at the same point in 2017 and 2016.
Overall, the trade deficit is up 20.3 percent for the 12 months ending in November, compared with 2016, the year before Trump took office.
Trade Deficit with China

Trump said: “We’ve been losing on average $375 billion a year with China. Lot of people think it’s $506 billion. Some people think it’s much more than that.”
The facts: Trump has been exaggerating the U.S. trade deficit with China since the 2016 election. The goods-and-services trade deficit with China averaged almost $222 billion between 1999 and 2017, according to BEA data. The deficit with China was $275 billion through the first three quarters of 2018, which is the most recent BEA data available.

From Factcheck: the man is a pathological liar.
Of course he is. Facts and truth are "fake news to him ........Lies (HIS) are HIS reality.

He is so accustomed to lying....... it just happens" naturally"
for him...He is dangerous....... not only to the country but to himself as he demonstrated today .

an aside: but it is reported that He listens to Putin for advice over his own intelligence people.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The package passed contains money for border security measures, not for a wall.

Yes, I've heard the bafflegab as the Trump administration tries to claim that maintaining and upgrading the 700 miles (1100km) of current barriers constitutes fulfilling his promise.

Still waiting for the whopper he'll tell on how Mexico is actually paying for it.

Still, Trump got some of his money. I expect he'll start building his "big, beautiful wall" with the 1100-1200km of the border that's a trackless, uninhabited, uninhabitable, impassable, hardpan desert nobody uses to cross anyhow.

Here's a couple of facts for your conversation. The majority of illegal aliens in the U.S. are visa overstays, not border crossers. And according to the DEA, the "vast majority" of illegal drugs in the country are smuggled through legal entry ports, not snuck across the border.

But I'm sure Trump's wall will stop that.
I am sure you are right , the majority of everything pass through legal points of entry . Should your border patrol that I see along the Washington B.C. border stop patrolling the unfenced areas ?