Two brewing scandals that could help unseat the liberals.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/ethics-commissioner-to-probe-prime-ministers-office-over-snc-lavalin-scandal/

Power Play was all about this decision by the ethics commish to hold a 'probe' into the continuing mess that is SNC Lavalin and their relationship with the current government. It may come down to an RCMP investigation as most pundits are making note of the fact that the liberals hold the majority of seats on the panel and thus will do all they can to shut it down. Regardless, the liberals are not going to come out of this looking anything but guilty of some sort of interference either with the trial or with the inquiry.

Trudeau added to his former remarks regarding meetings with Wilson-Raybauld going so far as to admit he contacted her again this past weekend.

"Speaking to reporters after a funding announcement about housing in B.C., Trudeau said he "welcomed" the ethics commissioner's examination of the allegations.

"This is an issue that has been much talked about over the last few days and I think it's important Canadians continue to have confidence in our system," Trudeau said.

The prime minister insisted again Monday he did not direct Wilson-Raybould to come to any particular conclusion on whether to direct the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (PPSC) to sign an agreement with SNC-Lavalin.

"She confirmed for me a conversation we had this fall where I told her directly that any decisions on matters involving the director of public prosecutions were hers alone," Trudeau said."

www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ethics-commissioner-pmo-snc-lavalin-1.5014435

Interesting, as one pundit put it earlier today, that trudeau thinks an inquiry came about because the issue was so much in the news and not because it was a question of ethics.

ca.news.yahoo.com/mark-norman-lawyers-protest-apos-

Admiral Norman's trial has been notable for the fact that while still years from trial, the opening preliminaries have been almost universally negative for the Crown's prosecution. This latest news about redacted portions of meetings between the Privy Council and Crown lawyers wherein trial strategy is alleged to have taken place even took the judge aback.

"So much for the independence of the PPSC," quipped Justice Heather Perkins-McVey, who ordered the Crown to deliver to her an uncensored copy of the notes, to be held under seal, before the case resumes Friday."

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Come now this is nothing , but that Mike Duffey had his expenses paid back by the PM’s chief of staff . We need to investigate those dirty rotten to the core conservatives.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I just don't think these scandals are sexy enough to resonate with the general public...too complicated and confusing for Joe Sixpack and Sally Housecoat.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I just don't think these scandals are sexy enough to resonate with the general public...too complicated and confusing for Joe Sixpack and Sally Housecoat.
You may very well be right about Joe Sixpack and Sally Housecoat, HH but there are plenty of intelligent Canadians who are following this story very closely especially in the run-up to the coming election.

Then there are those of us who enjoy watching The Great Enabler hoist on his own petard. These scandals if proven to be true are of his own making. He owns them completely.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
But wasn't it Jacques Parizeau who said something like 'Idiots decide elections'?

Beware the uninformed voters...because there's millions of them, especially nowadays with all of life's distractions. Being youthful and looking dreamy is Justin's get out of jail for free card.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I'm telling you this won't stick to our PM. Uninformed voters will wonder what all of the fuss over a Lava Lamp is all about.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Good question. My understanding is that the Ethics Commissioner was an appointment by.....you got it, the Liberals. Do you really think this is going to be a thorough investigation? Will the Ethics Commissioner have a backbone like the former Justice Minister? Will he want to bite the hand that feeds? I dunno…..

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'll add a third brewing scandal to the list and that's the heavily Liberal favoured and supported ship acquisition process. I have no doubt at all that the Type 26 Frigate is the best choice for our Navy but giving virtually all of the ship construction contracts to the Liberal Party friendly Irving Shipyard smells like a dead mackerel. Irving built all of the new topsy-turvy Coast Guard vessels (that roll in a heavy dew), 5 Arctic Offshore Patrol vessels then, magically a sixth! (Why the 6th? They are limited in their abilities. Goodies for a friend of Scott Bryson, that's why! :))Now 15 Frigates ... actually 12 because Canada never finishes a fleet replacement program and it gets smaller and smaller and smaller ...They threw a bone to the West and gave the two AORs to Seaspan in Vancouver to spread the largesse to another potential Liberal-friendly (or, more accurately, Liberal "sensitive" place).

The big Davie yard on the St. Lawrence? The one capable of building three frigates simultaneously? They get to refurbish baffed-out Coast Guard vessels (Maybe, they to fix their "rock-and-roll" after the Irving yard overflows with pork. They also delivered the first warship replacement since the Halifax Class ... largest vessel ever operated by the RCN ... on time, on budget and at sea almost immediately.

Do you care? You should care. The amount of money being spent for even a modest fleet to last us until mid-February is as expensive as several pipelines.

Submarines will need replacement in a decade, too. They're big buckeroos to buy.

Or, you can let someone else defend us and we'll give up any independent foreign policy that we still now enjoy.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I have a better scandal..

Justine Trudeau's daddy is really Castro..

source: https://nyulocal.com/new-world-university-justin-trudeau-is-fidel-castros-son-bccf01403a86

:lol:

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Saskatchewan NDP wants province to review ties with SNC-Lavalin

This might be his down fall the demotion

Trudeau says he has 'confidence' in Wilson-Raybould as ethics commissioner probes PMO over SNC-Lavalin

Conservatives and New Democrats on the House of Commons justice committee joined forces today to get an emergency meeting scheduled for Wednesday to consider a motion to call on nine high-ranking government officials to testify about the affair — including Wilson-Raybould herself. The list also includes Lametti, the prime minister's chief of staff Katie Telford and his principal secretary, Gerald Butts.
In an interview with CBC's Power & Politics, Anthony Housefather, the Liberal chair of the committee, said he would consider a study of the matter but added he doesn't want to see it turn into a partisan shouting match.
"I am not closed to this because I understand Canadians want answers. I also understand that Canadians are confused as to why Minister Lametti is saying on the record that this didn't happen and Minister Wilson-Raybould is not," he said.
Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer said his party is considering legal avenues to force a justice committee study of the matter in the event the Liberal majority on the committee votes down the opposition proposal.
"You'll pardon me if I don't take Justin Trudeau at his word … I think it's time for Justin Trudeau to stop speaking for Jody Wilson-Raybould and let her speak for herself," he said.
Deferred prosecution agreements
SNC-Lavalin has been charged with fraud and corruption in connection with payments of nearly $48 million to public officials in Libya under Moammar Gadhafi's government, and allegations it defrauded Libyan organizations of an estimated $130 million.
The company is contesting the case and has pleaded not guilty. The case is at the preliminary hearing stage.
If convicted, the company could be blocked from competing for federal government contracts for a decade.
The federal Liberal government introduced deferred prosecution agreements (DPAs) — like the one sought by SNC-Lavalin — through a section buried in its last budget bill.
Both the U.S. and U.K. have similar DPA regimes that allow for out-of-court settlements of criminal charges against corporations.
The government touted DPAs as a measure that could improve compliance and corporate culture while giving prosecutors more flexibility "to secure effective, proportionate and dissuasive penalties for corporate wrongdoing."
"The prospect of being invited to negotiate a DPA may motivate companies to self-disclose wrongdoing since they may otherwise have to face the prospect of a formal criminal conviction, whether as a result of a guilty plea or following a trial," a government backgrounder on the issue says.
"Presuming that the company complies with its terms, the DPA would allow the company to focus its attention and resources on conducting business, to the benefit of investors, employees and other third parties."
The government acknowledged DPAs might be more beneficial to large corporations that can "buy their way out of trouble by paying a financial penalty and passing the costs on to the consumer."

This is what Jack and Jill public will remember giving a huge corporation an escape clause backdoored in by the elite Libs. with a caption of "Hear we go again"

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
SNC are in charge of the John Hart Dam project in BC and I have no doubt are also front and center in the site c dam project.

they are exactly the sort of company BC Hydro can work with

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Jody Wilson-Raybould resigns from cabinet after SNC-Lavalin allegations
www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilson-rayboul-snc-lavalin-1.5015755
Thrown under the bus by a Liberal Party whip-thug.

As far back as I can remember, the Liberals have put their party discipline ahead of any ethics or ideology. They are a re-election machine. I hope that the grand public takes a close look at what the Liberal Party has always amounted to.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
SNC are in charge of the John Hart Dam project in BC and I have no doubt are also front and center in the site c dam project.
they are exactly the sort of company BC Hydro can work with
Why, is BC hydro just as corrupt as SNC-Lavalin?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
And the former justice minister resigns from cabinet - sort of torpedoing Trudeaus contention that the fact she was still in it disproved all allegations.