I was wondering what you all felt about Jordan Peterson Canadian clinical psychologis

Bhalcyon

Jan 31, 2019
Because for me I found that this man says things I have, wanted to hear someone say for years, the way he speaks, is to your sensibility the inspiring part of your mind uplifting your ideas to do better or to behave,respectively, its like its the unspoken words that I have been dying to hear yet never did, I could listen to him speak for hours about certain thing,but other times i find him too much to take in, I would love to hear your thoughts good or bad and maybe mention other prominent speakers that have helped or just wowed you ???

Bhalcyon

Jan 31, 2019
I know he has had a lot of press coverage about his use of pronouns and has been accused of many obscure remarks because of his view not to use certain pronouns when it comes to gender identity and whether someone should be called by there chosen pronoun or not, I stand by his defiance that this should not become A law that we should have to abide by because someone was offended or may choose to be offended

Bhalcyon

Jan 31, 2019
Do you have a vid in mind that covers some points you strongly agree with?? 17 vids at the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w&list=PL22J3VaeABQD_IZs7y60I3lUrrFTzkpat
Hi there MHZ i do for the one that left me speechless at this mans way of conveying good positive messages I recommend this one and ty for the one you offered I have been watching his biblical lectures for some time and still fascinates me at his approach im up to the Adam and Eve in them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-86T8jpuQ&t=1s

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Can we start small? Not terribly impressed as he rambles on and fails to make any point more often than not.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I admire Jordan for his stand on "compelled" speech. No one, in a free society, should be "compelled" to speak anything other than their opinions, beliefs or truths. Other than hate speech (which is already legislated against) and speech encouraging violence (again, already legislated against) no one has a right to tell me what I can and cannot say. That is initially what brought him into the limelight and I agree with him wholeheartedly.

JMHO

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That is initially what brought him into the limelight and I agree with him wholeheartedly.
Jordan Peterson: Does God Exist?

This is the shortest vid I could find but it shows that he is very evasive and he wants to redefine every term so his answer is as benign as it gets.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017

These are good teachings and wisdom; people now (everyone of us) need wisdom: the correct behavior in life and among people and in the community .. the experience gained from life and from practice with the community and with one's self.

So all such teachings seem good, with the exception of the last two:
== Don't bother children when they board skate!? I say unless bringing them to risk and danger, which should be avoided.
== And cats: if every cat you see in the street, you will pet?? Although the kindness to animals is good certainly .. but once the cat gets a lump of fatty meat from you, it will stick to you whatever you try to turn it away :D

So if one wants to give the meat to the cat, I think it is better to give it indirectly: giving it while it is not aware or else it will stick to you.

Although it is said: Be merciful to every creature of God on earth, and God will be Merciful to you.

NB- There are many books like to such rules of life, like the books of Richard Templar and others: Rules for work, rules for family, rules for everything .. but who has applied such rules completely .. it maybe none including the author and writer himself.

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Jordan Peterson: Does God Exist?

This is the shortest vid I could find but it shows that he is very evasive and he wants to redefine every term so his answer is as benign as it gets.

OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A TERRIBLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan Peterson says benign and non offensive things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And many people find his advice comforting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So comforting that they do noit need to turn to Quran for advice on how to HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES...................Ican see why a Muslim like MHz would scorn Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why MHz would completely FAIL TO UNDERSTAND the values Peterson espouses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
OH DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A TERRIBLE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan Peterson says benign and non offensive things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And many people find his advice comforting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So comforting that they do noit need to turn to Quran for advice on how to HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES...................Ican see why a Muslim like MHz would scorn Peterson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why MHz would completely FAIL TO UNDERSTAND the values Peterson espouses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bend over

Your ass has been sold to civil service union Hogs by govt and you should probably just bend over and learn to enjoy getting Lie-berally SCREWED!

LIE-berals talk often and loudly about justice and fairness and equality- but its all just Fake News of the sort LIE-berals enjoy! Consider:

Item: A claimant for refugee status in Canada has worked the system with such success that the Federal government estimates it will cost one million dollars to get proper court authority to carry out the deportation of the claimant. While the claimant was working through his multitude of immigration system options, the claimant was simultaneous accused, tried and convicted of committing 76 separate crimes. Eleven of the crimes involve what Crown attorneys describe as `substantial violence`.

Might we save some money by streamlining the immigration process to weed out blatant criminals? And night this not be a way to control government costs and inflation? And should we not condemn the LIE-beral immigration policy as nothing more than an election scam in which LIE-beral friendly judges seelct immigrants who they believe will most devotedly support LIE-beral candidates at election time? LIE-berals are certainly NOT looking hard for people who have the skills to succeed in Canada; nor are they seeking out immigrants who RESPECT western civilization!

Item: A man accused of stealing twenty seven million dollars by fraudulent means was recently set free by the Ontario legal system, without the accused ever spending time in jail or even facing a trial. The government stated that it lacks the resources to try the accused in a fair and timely fashion and so felt compelled to release the accused.

Item: LIE-beral hug a thug judges have released SEVEN accused killers from jail so far this year- without a trial. LIE-berals are worried that the rights of the accused killers will be violated because it will take too long for our overloaded LIE-beral legal system- deliberately ham-strung by judges seeking votes on behalf of LIE-berals- to bring them to trial!

Item: Canadian government at every level are facing unprecedented economic pressure to reduce the debt loads being carried. Proposed solutions include massive tax increases which would be politically very unpopular and would force the country back into recession or even depression. Other options involve massive spending cuts that wold result in reductions in spending for schools and hospitals and police forces.

Given that the police are finding it ever harder to solve murder cases and that an increasing number of murders involve complex and consequently expensive investigations into organized crime activity is it reasonable to reduce the number of police officers available to combat these more sophisticated criminals or should we view a reduction in the police budget as a threat to our own finances and personal well being?

Given that a significant portion of crime is committed by immigrants selected by LIE-berals for sentimental/vote buying reasons rather than because of their excellent education- is it reasonable to expect that we could save money on policing costs by tightening up immigration rules so that nly those who have needed skills can enter Canada? WE MUST deal with home grown criminals and drug addicts but what reason is there to import MORE screwups?

Given that there is a steady increase in the number of dangerous bacteria/super bugs contaminating our hospitals is it reasonable to cut the number of cleaners and nurses in our hospitals as a way to balance the books? Or should we view such cost cutting measures as a direct threat to our own health and safety?

Given that the education budget is rising at a rate fifty percent faster than the health care budget- and that the number of students enrolled is falling while the number of sick people needing medical aid is rising- is it reasonable to let LIE-berals continue spending in this lop sided way? Shall we ask why LIE-berals are deliberately rationing health care while fawning over teachers and does it have to do with buying teacher votes so LIE-berals can cling to power at any price?

Is it reasonable to assume that some government services are more necessary than others and that in these troubled times we should expect our government to identify these less important services and cut there? Such things as grants to radical groups like Black Lives Matter, arts grants to crazy people producing `modern` art that most of us hate, adding MORE politicians to Toronto Silly Hall instead of cutting their numbers as they deserve, expanding office budgets for self serving advertising and self serving `communications` all come to mind.

Item: LIE-beral hug a thug judges have ruled that Canada Post MUST deliver mail even though it contains illegal items that are prohibited and or fraudulent under Canadian law. Such `fraudulent items` include forged Province of Ontario Health cards being sent into the country from places like Nigeria, along with forged passports and other such documents originating from various places overseas. Gun parts and ammunition in packages under a certain weight limit are also delivered. Canada Post is expected to notify the local police when postal inspectors discover these smaller illegal items and the police are then expected to post a watch on the address or post box to see who comes to pick up the contraband. Once somebody picks up the mail police may then move in to make an arrest or may continue to observe the suspects to try to trace the network of fraud artists using and selling the forged documents or other illegal items. Since police budgets are so strained that they are having trouble investigating murders or convicting multi million dollar fraud artists might it not be cheaper simply to destroy contraband items at the point of entry into the country?