Democrat Party Civil War Begins

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sorry Cal. southern border her state not district.
You do realize that California is gigantic, in terms of population, economy, and geography, right?

And you do realize that Pelosi is a U.S. Representative, which means that she represents her district and not the State of California, right?

Where do you get these stupid arguments?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
And yet there are illegals in So Cal.

It would lead a normal person to question the effectiveness of walls as a deterrent

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
You do realize that California is gigantic, in terms of population, economy, and geography, right?
And you do realize that Pelosi is a U.S. Representative, which means that she represents her district and not the State of California, right?
Where do you get these stupid arguments?

And? I misquoted this morning so that deserves a personal attack? Pelosi has never condemned the Southern Cal. wall/fence, she just condemns Trump's wall/fencing doesn't change that fact by lecturing me on how big California is. Is it bigger land wise than BC?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And? I misquoted this morning so that deserves a personal attack? Pelosi has never condemned the Southern Cal. wall/fence, she just condemns Trump's wall/fencing doesn't change that fact by lecturing me on how big California is. Is it bigger land wise than BC?
Because, and here is my interpretation. I'm going to be flat-out honest with you, and bring you to some facts you may not know:

1. Walls, historically, have failed. The Great Wall of China, Hadrian's Wall, the Berlin Wall, and the so-called "Peace Walls" in Belfast, Northern Ireland, separating Catholic and Protestant ghettoes, have had mixed results at best.

2. It is difficult if not impossible, legally and from an engineering standpoint, to build a wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific along the Rio Grande valley and through the Sonora Desert. In addition to the various engineering challenges, the wall will necessarily strand privately owned American land on the wrong side.

3. More than half of all illegal aliens in the country are visa overstays, not illegal border crossers. Which means they came legally, and then stayed when the law required them to leave. The wall would do absolutely nothing to stop visa overstays.

4. There are any number of ways to defeat a wall. Break it. Ladders. Tunnels. Use the breaches caused by nature and poor maintenance.

5. Most of the border is thinly populated, environmentally hostile territory. Maintaining the wall will be a massive, ongoing expense.

6. There are many place where physical barriers make sense, and will contribute to border security. And we have physical barriers in those places, and constantly evaluate various stretches of the border for the usefulness of barriers.

7. There are hundreds of other techniques that are cheaper and more effective, each to its own stretch of border.

8. Illegal immigration at the southern border is down 80% from highs in the early 2000s.

In conclusion: the wall is a purely symbolic gesture, with little actual utility. Ergo it is a waste of money to satisfy Tiny's insatiable ego. Not worth 5.7 billion, especially when even Tiny says 5.7 billion is just a "down payment." MIT engineers estimate the cost of building the wall at 40 billion, and that does not include maintenance.

Not worth it.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Because, and here is my interpretation. I'm going to be flat-out honest with you, and bring you to some facts you may not know:
1. Walls, historically, have failed. The Great Wall of China, Hadrian's Wall, the Berlin Wall, and the so-called "Peace Walls" in Belfast, Northern Ireland, separating Catholic and Protestant ghettoes, have had mixed results at best.
2. It is difficult if not impossible, legally and from an engineering standpoint, to build a wall from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific along the Rio Grande valley and through the Sonora Desert. In addition to the various engineering challenges, the wall will necessarily strand privately owned American land on the wrong side.
3. More than half of all illegal aliens in the country are visa overstays, not illegal border crossers. Which means they came legally, and then stayed when the law required them to leave. The wall would do absolutely nothing to stop visa overstays.
4. There are any number of ways to defeat a wall. Break it. Ladders. Tunnels. Use the breaches caused by nature and poor maintenance.
5. Most of the border is thinly populated, environmentally hostile territory. Maintaining the wall will be a massive, ongoing expense.
6. There are many place where physical barriers make sense, and will contribute to border security. And we have physical barriers in those places, and constantly evaluate various stretches of the border for the usefulness of barriers.
7. There are hundreds of other techniques that are cheaper and more effective, each to its own stretch of border.
8. Illegal immigration at the southern border is down 80% from highs in the early 2000s.
In conclusion: the wall is a purely symbolic gesture, with little actual utility. Ergo it is a waste of money to satisfy Tiny's insatiable ego. Not worth 5.7 billion, especially when even Tiny says 5.7 billion is just a "down payment." MIT engineers estimate the cost of building the wall at 40 billion, and that does not include maintenance.
Not worth it.

Thanks for this, when you have an immigration policy like yours with one step on US soil it only makes sense to try and deter that one step. Are illegal's going to get through? Of course they will find a way if it can stem it by 50% wouldn't it be worth it compared to the burden on the economy?

With the tiny fraction of "irregular" crossers up here the wall debate already started, especially in Quebec. The 1st country loophole is already being debated by the Cons. for the upcoming election, closing the irregular loophole would eliminate irregulars from being treated differently than legal ports of entry, common sense that the Libs. are rejecting.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Maybe that's why they are building hard structure security?
Yes, because that is a good solution for parts of southern California.

Can you get your head around the notion that a good solution for the urban Tijuana/San Diego interface might could, just maybe, not be the best solution for the uninhabited, hardpan desert in southern Arizona?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Can you get your head around the notion that a good solution for the urban Tijuana/San Diego interface might could, just maybe, not be the best solution for the uninhabited, hardpan desert in southern Arizona?

Watch chunks of the Sonoran Desert disappear into the honeycomb of tunnels dug underneath it, periodically. The wall it's self might even fall over, undermined by all of the saps.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

I agree that natural barriers have no need for fencing and surveillance maybe the better or cheaper solution.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
most illegals get into America as legals and stay.

wall irrelevant.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Democrat Scandal EXPLODES, This Is Just Insane

Timcast ( A leftie)
Published on Feb 6, 2019

from the comments:

Acts17Apologetics
On the bright side, if Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring and Virginia Governor Ralph Northam resign, they can have a second career as a rap/dance group called "The Blackface Boys."

Jerid Glasspoole
democrats is the party of the KKK, Black Panthers, Antifa, and just about every other American racist groups. Yet people still think their the good guys. lol.

Stanton High
Tim, you arent pro choice anymore just like you arent a democrat anymore.
Tough pills.

warhellride
"tHe RePuBliCaN PaRty iS FuLL oF RaCiSts" they said..... "DeMoCrAts StAnD fOr MiNoRiTiEs" they said.....

slados1
I used to think that Alex Jones was crazy for all of his "demonic democrats" rants but... uhmmm... yeah... now I'm kind of starting to believe there's something to it after all. Besides, who shouts the loudest and accuses of others of RACISM, BIGOTRY and general nasty behaviour and beliefs? Oh yeah, it's the racists, bigots and actual nasty people.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
They catch them in Israel cause they have technology - something you sailors just don't understand.

Israel using ‘passive seismic’ technology to expose Hezbollah’s attack tunnels
IDF says its sophisticated sensors are able to monitor Hezbollah tunnel drilling throughout the northern border area
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israe...chnology-to-expose-hezbollahs-attack-tunnels/

Bolton: US ‘strongly supports’ anti-tunnel operation in Israel’s north
Trump’s national security adviser warns Hezbollah not to exacerbate situation as military works to destroy cross-border passages
https://www.timesofisrael.com/bolton-us-strongly-supports-anti-tunnel-operation-in-israels-north/

Btw, no one goes to unlabeled links, so get off your lazy ass and tag them ..as we have asked before - or is that right up there with tunnel finding technology at your tent?

Not to mention the amount of cross border traffic with and without tunnels is only comparable when you have NO BRAIN
:)
Jeez.

Border Patrol Agents Shut Down Tunnel Construction at Border With Mexico
The tunnel was about 50 feet long and 2 feet wide by 2 feet tall, and while it was incomplete, it was apparently designed for smuggling, the Tucson Sector Border Patrol said
https://freebeacon.com/national-sec...wn-tunnel-construction-at-border-with-mexico/

Yup bringing mexico north one hard hat full at a time.
;)

OK here is the first one I checked cause I knew it would be BULLSH!T!!!
Dumb ass:
Israel's Army Says It Found Tunnels Dug By Hezbollah Beneath Border With Lebanon
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/04/6731...-dug-by-hezbollah-beneath-border-with-lebanon

WHAT WALL IS THERE ON THAT BORDER?????

I see why you don't label your links...bub...seriously.

Last edited: