#metoo

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There has been no global sea rise, that is what you get when those events are taking place, like the 400ft the level has risen since the last big ice-age ended.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Well... that wasn't hard.

From the very same article.

Quote 1:
Manson said there are two components to global sea level rise; the typical climate change story of melting glaciers and ice caps and the fact that as water warms, it expands.

Quote 2 and forgotten out of the bit you copied above?
“Here in Atlantic Canada, we have sort of a double whammy.”
The double whammy of rising water and sinking ground plays out in consistent erosion of coastal land and more devastating storm surges that take a significant toll on coastal infrastructure, particularly buildings and roads.

So, while you're right, sorry to burst your bubble but the sea is also rising too.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
SNL WRITER OFFERS ORAL SEX FOR ANYONE WHO PUNCHES MAGA KID
Weird flex, but okay.

A Saturday Night Live comedy writer responded to the media’s false story about the Covington High kids by offering oral sex to anyone who punches them in the face.

“I will blow whoever manages to punch that MAGA kid in the face,”
https://www.infowars.com/snl-writer-offers-oral-sex-for-anyone-who-punches-maga-kid/

Nothing left but a completely delusional fixation on fakenews wiener.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
He got it from his Husky Oil investor's prospectus.
Petros has an agenda.
Yes, likely it's showing everyone the true value of your naval education.

I think everyone will agree, george is a handsome fella, AND he is "curious".
:)
Yes there is a metoo moment here too.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sorry to burst youe bubble but guess what? It's sinking.
Relative to what, 12,000 years ago Halifax was 400ft above sea level. Millions of years ago it was 2,000ft below sea level if Alberta was a the shoreline. When the water rose it rose the same amount at every 'port' we have today. The numbers from the article promote the global sea rise should have been close to 1M. The logs at the ports across the globe would all have to record a similar change or other factors could be at play, some you failed to mention.

As for sea level and AGW, after exiting the coldest point in modern man's history 160 years ago which saw glaciers reach their maximum extent in over 12,000 years it's illogical to think sea level isn't rising. If you are old enough you've seen it rise a whopping 15mm.
Records for Halifax have been around since 1500AD, some locations along that coastline even longer, The EU also has the same records and they should all show the same rise and fall at the same time.

“About 30 years ago, this started flooding pretty regularly with the tide,” Randy Barkhouse said of the rural cemetery where his parents and many of his relatives were laid to rest.
“You can see the high-water mark on some of these stones.”
That the high-water mark is steadily getting higher is no surprise to the scientific community.
“In Atlantic Canada, the sea level is rising,” said Gavin Manson, a coastal geoscientist with the Geological Survey of Canada.
The sea that consistently buffets and pounds more than 8,000 kilometres of Nova Scotia coastline is expected to rise in the range of a metre by 2100.
Manson said there are two components to global sea level rise; the typical climate change story of melting glaciers and ice caps and the fact that as water warms, it expands.

Charting glaciers back to 1500AD cannot be done accurately, we should be able to chart global sea rise and fall just from the snow that is on the ground in the north during winter. We have pretty accurate records for accumulations so the numbers are better than 'just speculation'. If we cannot measure that perhaps the 1.6mm is a reaction to some other global force, if it is even an actual measurment.

A third factor that affects Atlantic Canada is that the land beneath us is sinking even as the sea level rises. Manson said at the peak of the last glaciation, about 21,000 years ago, there was a very thick ice centre over the Hudson Bay region. The depressed crust underneath that ice sank as the ice grew. In Atlantic Canada, the ice cover was thinner.
“Because of the difference in ice thickness between the two areas, we were actually elevated more than normal,” said Manson, who works out of the Bedford Institute of Oceanography.
“The material underneath the earth’s crust is quite fluid. It’s kind of like sitting on a waterbed. When you sit down, when you put your bum down, it sinks underneath you but it rises up around the edges. We were on the edge and we were actually a high ground surface compared to where we were prior to glaciation.”
But with deglaciation, Manson said the material underneath the earth’s crust that shifted toward the Atlantic coast is now gradually moving back toward Hudson Bay.
“That area (Hudson Bay ) is actually rising and our land here is actually sinking, trying to go back to where it was prior to the glaciation,” Manson said.

The material he mentioned is the mantle, the conveyor of liquid rises under the 40,000 miles of oceanic crust and flows out to the side except for a small amount that replaces the mountains created at these rifts. What comes up must go back down and around Canada that would be Hudson Bay and the Great Lakes and the GOM. Forces from the Pacific Rift also meet at the same spots so the lifting forces they have would be bending the crust downwards. How much did the Rockies sink when they were covered by ice, not much at all??
The waterbed theory would see the sea rise and lower if the mantle down-flow under Hudson Bay varied with time. The outflow from the Atlantic Rift would also tend to lift the land as it flowed under the Continental Crust before it be began to descend.

Greenland should be even more prone to the waterboard as the ice is in the north and it is wider. It also has a big hole that is surrounded by mountains, like the 2 spots in Canada as well as Antarctica, depressions as far away as possible from the surrounding rifts.

The double whammy of rising water and sinking ground plays out in consistent erosion of coastal land and more devastating storm surges that take a significant toll on coastal infrastructure, particularly buildings and roads.

Would that be worse than 1 mile of moving ice and no time to recover. Perhaps the founding fathers were near-sighted and could not see the needs of people in the 21st century. We still can't build an all weather rail line to Churchill

“It doesn’t sound like a lot but that’s 32 centimetres per century, which starts to add up,” he said.
Manson adds it up to sea levels for Halifax and most of Nova Scotia being three-quarters of a metre higher by century’s end than in the year 2000. Manson’s projections — based on Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reports that are a collaborative effort of 830 scientists from 80 countries — combines the land-sinking rate with the projected global mean sea level change.
The provincial government’s action plan for climate change predicts that sea level will rise by a projected average of 1.05 or 1.06 metres in much of Nova Scotia by 2100, with an estimate of 1.10 metres for the areas of western Cape Breton, Sydney, Guysborough and Kentville.

It should have risen 1M in the last 300 years, all that is given is a projection for the next 100 years at 3x the speed, it should be 830 ports in 80 countries that all agree the rise is that same amount.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I never said it wasn't rising. It was you who claimed it wasn't dropping.

Now is it dropping?

Think you missed this part:

So, while you're right, sorry to burst your bubble but the sea is also rising too.

I admit that yes, you were right. I was wrong about it not dropping and honestly, thank you for the article as it was an interesting read.

But the sea level is ALSO rising.

Which means we're both right.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Oh my oath. Get help.
The biggest troll on the board is now demanding his links get treated as as a PM??? . . . . I do not see that happening in this world or yours.

I especially like part where some ice can make the mantle flow backwards. That you both accept that puts you both in a leaky boat, . . . again.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Think you missed this part:
I admit that yes, you were right. I was wrong about it not dropping and honestly, thank you for the article as it was an interesting read.
But the sea level is ALSO rising.
Which means we're both right.
I never said it wasn't.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The biggest troll on the board is now demanding his links get treated as as a PM??? . . . . I do not see that happening in this world or yours.
I especially like part where some ice can make the mantle flow backwards. That you both accept that puts you both in a leaky boat, . . . again.
What are you demanding?

You're here, you're queer, get used to it?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
SNL WRITER OFFERS ORAL SEX FOR ANYONE WHO PUNCHES MAGA KID
Weird flex, but okay.

A Saturday Night Live comedy writer responded to the media’s false story about the Covington High kids by offering oral sex to anyone who punches them in the face.

“I will blow whoever manages to punch that MAGA kid in the face,”
https://www.infowars.com/snl-writer-offers-oral-sex-for-anyone-who-punches-maga-kid/

Nothing left but a completely delusional fixation on fakenews wiener.

Aint ti grand to see that LIE-beral tolerance and multi cultural inclusion in action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!