Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Voluntary self destruction is not a reason to destroy individual rights.
Guess what?
Actions have consequences.
Sticking a pistol in your mouth and trying to pull the trigger twice has dramatic consequences.
So don't do it.
Please note that they are implying that the US needs locked storage laws to prevent youth suicide, yet Canada never experienced any improved youth suicide trends when we passed locked storage laws.

In my opinion, this is a classic 'feel good' law where no one bothered to check if it had positive results in Canada.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Please note that they are implying that the US needs locked storage laws to prevent youth suicide, yet Canada never experienced any improved youth suicide trends when we passed locked storage laws.

In my opinion, this is a classic 'feel good' law where no one bothered to check if it had positive results in Canada.

POOR stupid Bondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His love of gravy dispensing LIE-berals is conflicting with his hatred of anti hunting LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conditions in United States are very much different than in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Yankees WOULD benefit from laws that keep firearms locked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider this wedding from HELL:::::::::::::::

Here is another article illustrating the utterly insane working conditions that cops must now deal with. Along with some comments of my own in brackets):

Pistol-packing bride arrested for pointing gun at groom.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS. First posted: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 11:58 AM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 12:02 PM EDT

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. — A Tennessee bride was arrested hours after saying “I do” when authorities say she pointed a gun at her groom.

Murfreesboro police Sgt. Kyle Evans told WTVF-TV on Monday that 25-year-old Kate Elizabeth Prichard was still in her wedding dress when she was arrested on an aggravated domestic assault charge.

(Gee-times have changed- used to be it was a garter the bride had strapped to her thigh? And WHO takes a gun to a wedding anyway?)

Evans says officers responded to a report of Prichard and her husband arguing at a Clarion Inn motel a few hours after they were married. Police say witnesses reported that Prichard pulled a 9 mm pistol out of her dress, pointed it at her husband’s head and pulled the trigger.

The gun wasn’t loaded. Police say Prichard then loaded a round in the chamber and fired a shot in the air.

It’s unclear if Prichard has an attorney.

(Yeah- I bet there is a whole LOT that is unclear with Prichard! But her behaviour illustrates yet again how dangerous it is for a cop to interact with the often drugged, frequently drunk and often mentally ill public!)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Yeah, obviously..........but the advertised point of safe storage laws in Canada at the time of their introduction was to prevent theft.

That they have done, to some extent.

The unspoken reason was to prevent armed self defense.

That they also achieved to some extent.......unfortunately.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Yeah, obviously..........but the advertised point of safe storage laws in Canada at the time of their introduction was to prevent theft.

That they have done, to some extent.

The unspoken reason was to prevent armed self defense.

That they also achieved to some extent.......unfortunately.
And how many times since the law came in did you need an armed defense??

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley

Not that I'm aware of. Most of the children and women and more than a few men, (particularly those who have lost famiy members to a gun) hope it deters children and the mentally unbalanced access to them.

Not too bad if it deters a few burglars from finding them.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Once in the bush where I used it against a rabid Fox

and once in town where I didn't have to use it...Before I got married, Just the sight of a .38 special discouraged a couple of guys from forcing their way into my room at a boarding house....
Word got around and that place was real quiet for the rest of the time I lived there!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Not a question I can answer honestly, as I carried a firearm most of that time to deter attackers...........so my entirely untypical answer would be every working day until I retired.
You must have really pissed off a whole hell of a lot of people if you have to protect yourself thus ... either that or you're a dangerous paranoic. Either way, us normal folk would he well advised stay well away from you.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You must have really pissed off a whole hell of a lot of people if you have to protect yourself thus ... either that or you're a dangerous paranoic. Either way, us normal folk would he well advised stay well away from you.
What he said, . . . cough, . . . all of it, . . . . . cough.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not a question I can answer honestly, as I carried a firearm most of that time to deter attackers...........so my entirely untypical answer would be every working day until I retired.
That's really something when the person is the one with the longest running Muslim hate thread in the history of the place. The Magna Carta take away the tradition fake enemy or something equally bad happen that required a 1400 year war, . . . and counting.
It is the rest of the time that 'we' are 'concerned' about.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I was working as an armoured car guard, in possession of hundreds of thousands, often millions of dollars at a time.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Gerald Stanley needed that "armed defense" when prowling drunken native thieves- with Coulton Boushie driving- came to his house looking for things TO STEAL!!!!!!!!!

And of course the native DRUNKS had a fully loaded semi automatic .22 calibre rifle in the car- that they quietly dumped when Stanley confronted them with his LEGALLY REGISTERED PISTOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there have been other cases where property owners have been confronted by thieves and needed that "armed defense"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider the Hindu restaurant owner in Toronto who GOT ARRESTED for throwing packages OF SPICE- including Pepper into the face of a drug addict ransacking his car YET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the absence of police response- PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED to defend themselves and their property!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad LIE-berals are working so very hard to TIE OUR HANDS and let the thieves go free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral hug a thug judges are poisoning every level of Cdn society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the mother trying to get her grocery shopping down without worrying about her kid tripping over used needles or human waste- to the major matter of national security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are falling down on ALL THE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Justin call THIS security? Consider the column presented below along with some comments of my own in brackets):

Get tough on dual national terrorists, senator urges.

By Anthony Furey, Postmedia Network. First posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 03:50 PM EST | Updated: Friday, December 16, 2016 09:42 AM EST

A Conservative senator is embarking on a campaign to see that the government still has the power to revoke the citizenship of dual-national terrorists.

On Thursday Sen. Daniel Lang, representing Yukon, urged his fellow senators to amend the controversial Liberal bill Bill C-6.

(OH, that explains it! Lang is from a place ISOLATED from LIE-beral political correctness and only relies on common sense and logic to guide him!)

“I am not alone when I state that these dual-national Canadian terrorists are not like every other Canadian – and they don’t deserve the same rights and privileges as every other citizen,” Lang said in the Upper Chamber.

(Yes, TRAITORS traditionally get a harsh sentence-they are not normally allowed to stay in the country they betrayed-and which they would probably betray yet again if given a chance! But Our brainless Boy prime minister counts ONLY LIE-beral votes-Cdn security is a LONG WAY SECOND for him!)

The previous Conservative government passed a bill that came into effect only last year allowing citizenship to be taken away from people convicted of terrorism and high treason who also hold citizenship in another country. The Liberal bill – which passed the House of Commons and is now making its way through the Senate – will repeal this provision, among other measures.

(And of course, LIE-berals will shortly be under HUGE pressure to ALTER their idiot stance in exchange for keeping the U.S. border open to Cdn trade! Various Yankee groups want to close the border to Canada for the sake of Yankee jobs that we are accused to stealing. Newly elected Yankee president Trump has made No secret of his dislike of Jihadist jerk offs and what will he make of a Cdn prime minister who had-and THREW AWAY a perfect opportunity to DUMP SEVEN TRAITORS?

But Our stupid Boy is simply following in his fathers Yankee hating footsteps-showing proper disdain for Yankee `imperialists is far more important than any economic issue for Trudope family members! But HOW will Our Boy justify himself to Cdns who are rendered un-employed if his idiot stance results in a closed border? The sunny ways grow ever more stormy!)

The senator says the provision currently only applies to seven people holding Canadian citizenship, four of whom were convicting in the 2006 Toronto 18 terror plot to attack the Parliament buildings, CSIS and CBC headquarters and behead the prime minister.

“What I maintain is that when someone has committed the worst crime you could against your country, your fellow Canadians and your neighbour, one of the consequences should be that you lose your citizenship,” Lang told the Sun in a phone interview.

(It sounds so simple-till you involve LIE-berals BUYING Muslim votes-then it gets Messy!)

Trudeau famously defended repealing the provision by arguing it created two tiers of citizen, stating “a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian.”

Lang rejects that logic, pointing out that there is currently a law frequently used by the current government that allows revocation if someone has been found to have obtained citizenship through fraud, an offence, he says, that is much less troubling than a terrorism conviction.

While the bill has the backing of the government, Lang’s “cautiously optimistic” his fellow senators will listen to his arguments and amend the bill. He’s also urging Canadians who care about the issue to contact politicians.

“I’d like to think that common sense will prevail and that the question of public security for Canada will come first when a decision has to be made on this issue,” says Lang.

(This legal dogs breakfast is in the hands of LIE-berals-and common sense and logic has already failed us in October 2015! One has only to look at LIE-beral minister Maryam Monseff to realize the scope of LIE-beral vote buying. Monseff was born in Iran-and her family brought her to Canada after telling Cdn immigration they were Afghans. And why make such a claim? Cause Afghans were more politically acceptable than Iranians-then and NOW!)

(So her parents LIED to get her in the country-from war torn revolutionary Iran and now this Iranian daughter of LIARS is a LIE-beral govt minister lecturing the rest of us on OUR inferior version of democracy! Monseff had the arrogance to have a melt down in parliament and insulted Cdn Mp`s simply because they had effrontery to insist that LIE-berals should not alter our electoral process without first holding a referendum. YES-the Iranian born LIAR who wants to RIG our electoral system so LIE-berals can cling to power-AND has the nerve to lecture us for wanting a referendum and a show of democracy!)

(The time has come to restrict federal political office ONLY to those who are born here. We have NOT been well served by foreign born politicians. Does anybody recall Carribean born Hedy Fry- an MP in the LIE-beral Chretien govt shrieking about “crosses burning on lawns as we speak” in British Columbia. She was bad then and is worse now as chair of the committee seeking to EXOAND M 103-the Islamophobie mess! Cdns did not know that B.C. was a hotbed of Ku Klux Klan activity until Fry insulted us with lies that she was later forced to retract. If we are such bigots then how did she get into the country? AND get elected?)

(Or Alphonse Galiano-the Italian born MP in the LIE-beral Chretien govt-the guy at the heart of the LIE-beral ad scam business when three billion dollars of tax payer money went missing!)

(And now we have Iranian imbecile Monseff blowing her stack because the parliamentary committee she hand picked to make LIE-beral electoral reform and vote rigging more palatable to the public DARED to suggest a referendum instead of meekly doing her imperious bidding like a flock of typical/intimidated Iranian sheep! Thank you LIE-berals for this political dogs breakfast!)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Thankfully, I was not involved in anything like those incidents.

We had a single robbery attempt on a crew from my branch.........it wound up being a Mexican standoff (Is that racism, or cultural appropriation?), eventually the bad guys ran off with no money.

Interesting fact.

I worked for a large international company, based in the USA. In our office was a plaque with the names of all those guards killed on the job. Allowing for the difference in the size of the US/Canadian operations, it was clear you were more likely to die on the job in Canada than in the USA.

Canadians killed in the job were most likely to be from Montreal.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The real answer is "0"

You really are that stupid, aren't you?

The real answer is God knows, as the weapon was a very effective deterent..

Look at it this way, dimwit........how about I give you a bag with $150,000 in it, and send you out to walk around in the wee hours of the morning, making sure everyone about understood what you were carrying.

How long do you think you would last unarmed?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
well, since you brought it up ... No one has ever needed armed defense from my deer rifle. Nor have I ever needed armed defense from anyone else's deer rifle. That is both BEFORE and AFTER the laws came in.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You really are that stupid, aren't you?

The real answer is God knows, as the weapon was a very effective deterent..

Look at it this way, dimwit........how about I give you a bag with $150,000 in it, and send you out to walk around in the wee hours of the morning, making sure everyone about understood what you were carrying.

How long do you think you would last unarmed?
You live in a fantasy world.