Canada Failing to Put Climate Change Plans in Action

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I've only seen Lake Ontario freeze once since I moved here 35 years ago and yet, the museums are full of old photos of shinny matches and ice boat races off of Toronto's beaches.

The place is warming up.

P.S. I come from Quebec and know what real winter is. My daughter was a newborn when that famous "call out the army" snowfall happened and we have a picture of me holding her in my arms in front of the snowbank running across our yard that was a foot over my 6'-4" head. Yes, Lastman over-reacted and made a fool of himself but that was a real, honest-to-goodhess snowfall of Canadian proportions.
I see on CP24 that you got your wish for snow, albeit just a little...Enjoy!
I hesitate to wish you more of the white shit! my daughter lives in Mississauga!
I hope she switched to snow tires.........

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I see on CP24 that you got your wish for snow, albeit just a little...Enjoy!
I hesitate to wish you more of the white shit! my daughter lives in Mississauga!
I hope she switched to snow tires.........
We are a skiiing family, although I have personally pretty much given it up, due to injury. My kids are happy, happy. They've been skiing on the man-made stuff and it just ain't the same.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Don't you have to drive a bit north of toronto to get some good hills?
Yup.

Caledon is (small but) nice but it is a private club. The quality skiiing around here is laughable by Western or even Quebec standards. You use whatever slope you can but in this part of the world, almost every one of them is down the sides of the Niagara escarpment somewhere.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yup.

Caledon is (small but) nice but it is a private club. The quality skiiing around here is laughable by Western or even Quebec standards. You use whatever slope you can but in this part of the world, almost every one of them is down the sides of the Niagara escarpment somewhere.
I know the area pretty well Having camped in Tottenham park every June for twelve+ years,
I had a sister that had a small house in Bolton, and a nephew, her son, had a big one in nearby Pallgrave

. I've seen plenty of golf clubs in the area but never noticed any ski lifts.
I see you got some cold weather in T.O. this morning, maybe you'll get the snow you want and it won't melt right away.....

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Is 'up' not a direction in the city.

UP??????????????????????????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor MHz is more muddled than usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently he does not understand that one cannot put snow "UP" once it has fallen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nor do some Cdns understand that Toronto Mayor Latsman had to call in the army to use their vehicles to haul ambulances and fire trucks through snow clogged roads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto snow clearing facilities are geared to doing SOME snow clearing- but they traditionally ASSUME that much of it WILL MELT in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Toronto weather pattern is CLEAR- bitter cold with snow on Saturday and PLUS 4 Celsius on Tuesday with potential rain in forecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto COUNTS on snow melt throughout the winter to reduce the amount of snow clearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three big storms back to back with NO snow melting means bring in the army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aint that SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Carbon tax will plunge Canada into recession: Ford

No no all studies show that it won't trigger a recession, more money should be thrown into alternative industries to put more people to work to pull us through. Lol

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

True enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdns are DISGUSTED by what passes for action on climate by LIE-beral standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has become painfully CLEAR in every jurisdiction that has a carbon tax - that the LIE-beral carbon crap and trade tax SCAM only cleans cash from wallets and leaves the DIRT IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY REASON LIE-beral Ottawa is not seeing its own version of the French Yellow Vest Movement is because Ottawa is TOO FAR AWAY for most Cdns to get to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus far LIE-berals are being sheltered by geography from the consequences of their FAILED PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I wonder if Ontario and Quebec's view would change if they actually knew how much of their fuel is processed from the dirty Oil sands?

That is the part they ignore. I've brought up California who does the same exact thing. There are oil wells all over the city of Los Angeles. For real!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I wonder if Ontario and Quebec's view would change if they actually knew how much of their fuel is processed from the dirty Oil sands?

That debate about where oil comes from is a non starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Pierre Trudeau launched his National Energy Policy in the first LIE-beral attack on the Cdn oil patch- Canada was producing about 4 million barrels of oil per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we were using about 3.5 million barrels of oil per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then- as now- Cdn oil was not shipped east of Kenora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ontari-owe has 40 percent of the cdn population- and Quebec has 25 percent more- then add in the Maritime provinces- so you had 75- 80 percent of Canada operating on oil from Venezuela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once the Newfoundland off shore oil fields came into operation- the amount of Venezuelan oil purchased for eastern Canada dropped- but IT DOES CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BOTH United States and Venezuela have TAR SAND OPERATIONS OF THEIR OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cdns recognize that LIE-beral climate change policy is utter BULLSH+T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LIE-beral carbon crap and trade scam cleans cash from wallets and leaves the dirt in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what do LIE-berals USE that carbon scam gravy for???????????????????

They pay it out to civil service union Hogs so they can maintain or even expand their already HUGE carbon foot print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a riddle that LIE-berals cannot answer:

Which is WORSE for the environment:

A waitress who burns 50 litres of gas per month driving her car to work because she does not feel safe late at night on public transit after her shift ends thanks to LIE-beral hug a thug judges?????????????

Or the over paid civil service union Hog who burns 2000 litres of gas in a WEEK fueling and running his big ass motor cruiser that is so large his teen age kids can SURF on the waves the boat throws up??????????????????

Which is TRULY MORE HARMFUL??????????????????????????????

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
3rd largest producer in the US if I remember right and isn't there a tarsand project there as well? I know about the one Utah

Third largest producer. Not sure about the tar sands. There are oil rigs all over LA but they cover them up and paint them colorfully to hide their hypocrisy.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
That debate about where oil comes from is a non starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When Pierre Trudeau launched his National Energy Policy in the first LIE-beral attack on the Cdn oil patch- Canada was producing about 4 million barrels of oil per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we were using about 3.5 million barrels of oil per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then- as now- Cdn oil was not shipped east of Kenora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Western oil is shipped all the way to Montreal and it is Oilsand oil Syncrude oil to be exact through Line 9 to their refinery in Montreal. Line 9 was first built for PET for the NEP and Petro Can. reversed when PET got pissed with the West and imported from the ME "cheaper oil" and then reversed again in the last couple of years for Syncrude.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It's about zero, actually and our fuel arrives by supertanker from Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Iran, U.K. (not kidding) and anywhere else that can float a boat but NOT from Western Canada. Our natural gas comes mostly from there but not our petroleum.