Canada Failing to Put Climate Change Plans in Action

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm jealous I wish it were Green here
It's not going to last. We're finally forcast for some snow. It's a big storm headed for the Eastern Seaboard of the US but we might get a glancing, sideways blow. We've had a number of nearly green winters over the last few decades.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Cwe got our first dusting of snow, last night that has stuck around for a whole day.

... not enough to cover up the blades of grass, though.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Another green day in the great White North ...
Yeah, there is some green on the lawn under all the snow.
:)
I'm GREEN thumbing posts just because they contain facts...what have we come too?

I'm not going to post the stats for the GTA again just because CC can't compute anything but soros supplied talking points...on any subject. After shoveling at the homeless shelter, I am going to skip doing my own driveway till after the damn snowplow makes me to it, so I don't have to do it again just after.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, there is some green on the lawn under all the snow.
:)
I'm GREEN thumbing posts just because they contain facts...what have we come too?
I'm not going to post the stats for the GTA again just because CC can't compute anything but soros supplied talking points...on any subject. After shoveling at the homeless shelter, I am going to skip doing my own driveway till after the damn snowplow makes me to it, so I don't have to do it again just after.
I still can see the blades of grass sticking up above our massive 3 cm snow fall down here on the shore of a different Great Lake. Not for long, probably but winters are measurably milder here, now.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You need to have lake Ontario frozen to get rid of lake effect..
Funny that the year the army was needed in Toronto to clear the snow, we had a fairly nice winter up north

That's Canadian weather for ya!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Funny that the year the army was needed in Toronto to clear the snow, we had a fairly nice winter up north
That's Canadian weather for ya!
I've only seen Lake Ontario freeze once since I moved here 35 years ago and yet, the museums are full of old photos of shinny matches and ice boat races off of Toronto's beaches.

The place is warming up.

P.S. I come from Quebec and know what real winter is. My daughter was a newborn when that famous "call out the army" snowfall happened and we have a picture of me holding her in my arms in front of the snowbank running across our yard that was a foot over my 6'-4" head. Yes, Lastman over-reacted and made a fool of himself but that was a real, honest-to-goodhess snowfall of Canadian proportions.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I've only seen Lake Ontario freeze once since I moved here 35 years ago and yet, the museums are full of old photos of shinny matches and ice boat races off of Toronto's beaches.

The place is warming up.

P.S. I come from Quebec and know what real winter is. My daughter was a newborn when that famous "call out the army" snowfall happened and we have a picture of me holding her in my arms in front of the snowbank running across our yard that was a foot over my 6'-4" head. Yes, Lastman over-reacted and made a fool of himself but that was a real, honest-to-goodhess snowfall of Canadian proportions.

POOR STUPID and not so Curious Cdn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The year the army was called out for Toronto WAS an average year for snowfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just ALL CAME AT ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a 10 day period Toronto suddenly had so much snow there was NO PLACE TO PILE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And could not truck it away fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roads were often blocked by stranded cars so plows could not get through- nor fire trucks or ambulances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was that which scared Toronto- that there could be a major emergency and NO aid could arrive on blocked side streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many Toronto houses in the down town core no longer have usable drive ways so on street parking is the norm in many places in the city core!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the suburbs where there are multi car families -on street parking is again becoming common now- especially for families with teens who have cars of their own or for people renting basement apartments..................................

Toronto usually counts on snow melting fairly quickly - the weather cycle produces relatively warm and then snow and then cold- and then cycles back towards warm again- with snow melting fairly rapidly during the warm cycle did not happen this time around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it set up a vicious cycle- roads blocked by snow- with no place to push it and thus roads are blocked by parked cars - meaning that two lanes suddenly SHRINK to ONE lane- often without room enough to let a snow plow work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the event exposed the flawed thinking of condo developers who had failed to allow open sufficient open spaces like lawns where snow could be dumped in an emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a unique and unusual event that paralyzed city services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why would I watch a video put out by another ADHD, OCD, jitterbug, stoner, lunatic like you?
Based on your 100's of post to somebody you claim to hate it is you that seems to be having with 'issues' with 'letting go'. When you try to teach somebody who cannot be taught (your words) that also points to you having some 'issues'. (to the point you wish i was murdered, btw did you lose the address?)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In a 10 day period Toronto suddenly had so much snow there was NO PLACE TO PILE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a unique and unusual event that paralyzed city services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is 'up' not a direction in the city.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The open water provides the needed moisture for those huge dumps of snow. I wonder how the east coast of the US would do if the Atlantic did the same as the lake did, 20ft at once??

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yep and only the believers think they can control/change it or the climate, one can try to predict, no one can guarantee the result, not even the alarmists.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yep and only the believers think they can control/change it or the climate, one can try to predict, no one can guarantee the result, not even the alarmists.
But we can buy papal dispensation in the form of carbon credits , so all is good .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
But we can buy papal dispensation in the form of carbon credits , so all is good .
Carbon credits are a scam but that doesn't mean that the planet isn't heating up rapidly because of the activities of 7 billion plus of us burning up all of the fuel in sught.