No Worries

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
True Confessions Time here-I sometime use the antipodean expression 'No Worries' and my excuse is that I used to work with a lot of them.

Curiously I was often complimented by antipodean tour guests for my clear pronunciation and standard dialect making their visit to Canada so much easier.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I use it because I had an nice Assie galfriend for a while...but I use it when there are Worries
;)
As in: " no worries dood, that dozer is likely going to take out your lunch box when you aren't paying attention to it, and it won't matter what kind of sandwiches your wife made for you while she was on the rag." Please move it, and the truck it's sitting in, out of the way.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
She sounds tough, are you like the 'wife' in the story?
You don't appreciate or respect an independent woman much?
:)
Maybe if you did more, it would help you attract women who might come to visit you from all over the world and use up their visa time at your house.

With all due respect to NewZealand Doug, Aussie gals from the Northern territory can be very independent and sometimes have to come to the true north to cool off for a while.

Norse Girls and Russian Ladies also like the sun on the ice on Georgian bay in late February and Indian summer on the islands in the bay as well.
who knew?

Last edited:

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
You don't appreciate or respect an independent woman much?
Maybe if you did more, it would help you attract women who might come to visit you from all over the world and use up their visa time at your house.
With all due respect to NewZealand Doug, Aussie gals from the Northern territory can be very independent and sometimes have to come to the true north to cool off for a while.
Norse Girls and Russian Ladies also like the sun on the ice on Georgian bay in late February and Indian summer on the islands in the bay as well.
who knew?
I wish they all could be California gurlz.
Im likin’ “Wuzzup, dawg?”

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
I use it because I had an nice Assie galfriend for a while...but I use it when there are Worries
;)
As in: " no worries dood, that dozer is likely going to take out your lunch box when you aren't paying attention to it, and it won't matter what kind of sandwiches your wife made for you while she was on the rag." Please move it, and the truck it's sitting in, out of the way.
You mean a Sheila?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
'Looks and brains in one package' is called 'a keeper'. I wonder if that is slightly racist or just the way a heathen such as myself talks?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I better stay in Alberta, I can where me chatting at a local pub would cause more fights than it would prevent just due to a language barrier. Maybe after a few years at your language school would be a good solution. You post the material to the many trolls and I'll read it like I was learning a new language.