Canadian Robert Schellenberg sentenced to death in China

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Kind'a ironic when you consider the amount of fentanyl the Chinese govt smuggles into Canada. And since the Chinese govt has basically admitted they are the ones behind it, it's time to start executing Chinese diplomats.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Kind'a ironic when you consider the amount of fentanyl the Chinese govt smuggles into Canada. And since the Chinese govt has basically admitted they are the ones behind it, it's time to start executing Chinese diplomats.

Link please. I'm not aware that the government of the PRC is actively smuggling fentanyl into Canada. From my understanding, private Chinese criminals are, just their equivalent of our bike gangs.

That said, I do think Canada should introduce the death penalty for narcotics smuggling too.

Actually, I would support an amnesty policy. Each port of entry would include an amnesty area where you could declare your narcotics. You would get either total amnesty or, if the state can prove beyond reasonanble doubt at an inquisitorial trial that you knowingly and willingly smuggled the narcotic, partial amnesty but with a heavy fine (let's say well over a thousand dollars) and a criminal record until the fine is paid.

If you smuggle the narcotics beyond the amnesty area, you get a minimum of life of hard labour with a possibility of capital punishment.

Think about it. You have narcotics in your suitcase, youre intestines, or wherever. You're walking through the amnesty area with warning posters plastered all over the wall, and you know that at that location, you could forfeit all of your narcotics with no penalty or at most, a heavy fine, or you could keep walking another ten or twenty metres where if caught, you'll spend life in prison if you're lucky or get the death penalty otherwise. What will you do? The choice is yours.

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Link please. I'm not aware that the government of the PRC is actively smuggling fentanyl into Canada. From my understanding, private Chinese criminals are, just their equivalent of our bike gangs.
The Chinese govt has publicly stated they will NOT reduce the flow of fentanyl into Canada unless they get some political concessions. One being they want to install a police liaison in Vancouver.
The Chinese govt itself isn't necessarily actively involved in the smuggling, but they are complicit in it. They know the problem exists, they know who's making the fentanyl and shipping it to Canada but they outright refuse to do anything about it unless they can get some political concessions from Canada.
And if that's their attitude, instead of Groper sucking up to them, he should just start expelling dual-national Chinese, suspending trade with China and having Chinese diplomats arrested and charged with conspiracy to transport a controlled substance. When found guilty, execute them.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
The Chinese govt has publicly stated they will NOT reduce the flow of fentanyl into Canada unless they get some political concessions. One being they want to install a police liaison in Vancouver.
The Chinese govt itself isn't necessarily actively involved in the smuggling, but they are complicit in it. They know the problem exists, they know who's making the fentanyl and shipping it to Canada but they outright refuse to do anything about it unless they can get some political concessions from Canada.
And if that's their attitude, instead of Groper sucking up to them, he should just start expelling dual-national Chinese, suspending trade with China and having Chinese diplomats arrested and charged with conspiracy to transport a controlled substance. When found guilty, execute them.

I'm not aware that China is doing it on purpose. Link please.

That said, as I said above, Canada should reintroduce capital punishment for smugglers. Yes I understand that victims of human trafficking can be coerced into narcotics smuggling and I empathize with that. That's why I suggested introducing an amnesty area. But once you smuggle beyond the amnesty area, it should be a minimum of a life sentence with a possibility of capital punishment.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Those same gangs operate with Chinese gov't permission and many of their members are in fact ex-soldiers.

Link please. From my understanding, the PRC government is not particularly fond of drug smuggling. In fact in this case, the Canadian was accused of trying to smuggle not to China but from China to Australia. Read the article.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Now that same article raises questions about due process. There are claims that the proof of his link to the crime is weak and he denies all involvement. Also, the process appears to have been rushed. One strength of the Chinese system is its inquisitorial system, a system which in principle I consider superior to an adversarial trial.

On the other hand, in China, the legislative, executive, and judicial branches aren't so separate so it always raises questions about political meddling. There might also be questions about the burden of proof required.

So if he's innocent, I hope he's released. I'm just saying that if he is guilty, then generally speaking I'd say for such an offence he should get at least life in prison with a possibility of capital punishment in the most serious cases.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The Chinese killed 100 million of their own people in about 4 years, what do you think their first choice is likely to be re white eyes?
;)
They learned from the British who had almost the whole population hooked on opium at one time.

In the 1800's the British actively pushed addictive Opium on the Chinese population to balance a trade deficit. China would only trade silver for tea and silk and the Brits were going broke. Solution: sell drugs... and it worked!
https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1yjear/til_in_the_1800s_the_british_actively_pushed/

An interesting discussion and I could provide much more on the subject if you feel the need for me to.

Fentanyl money laundering bought all the real estate round here re money laundering and drove all the rents up by 1/3 to 1/2, and rumor has it was the real reason Brown was metooed so dishonestly a while back. Too bad no one checked out the vid of the RCMP officer who has been investigating stuff like this for the last 20 years. Canada is one of the top money laundering countries in the world for certain types of drug crime from certain countries like china.
Oh well, not my loss.
Bill majcher - explosive info explaining world governments from behind the scenes
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/showthread.php?t=162175

Canada’s financial intelligence agency, the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC), recently revealed to lawmakers that more than two-thirds of Canadian banks that it looked into had “significant levels” of noncompliance when it comes to anti-money laundering (AML) rules. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police estimated in 2011, which is the most recent year for available data, that between $5 billion and $15 billion CAD ($3.8 billion to $11.5 billion USD) is laundered in the country every year.

“Canada must immediately take action in order to change the perception that it welcomes, or even encourages, corrupt behavior,” said Marc Tassé, head of the University of Ottawa’s Canadian Centre of Excellence for Anti-Corruption, to a parliamentary committee.

While the country’s finance ministry said it takes the fight against money laundering seriously, Canada logs few money laundering convictions compared with other countries. From 2000 to 2016, Canada had convictions in 316 money laundering cases, according to Statistics Canada. Compare that to the U.K., where prosecutors recorded more than 1,400 money laundering convictions last year alone.

Critics of the way Canada handles money laundering say several factors interfere with the country’s attempts to pursue criminal charges, including strict privacy laws that make it difficult to obtain warrants, a reluctance to prosecute and the failure of some banks to report suspicious transactions.
https://www.pymnts.com/news/regulation/2018/money-laundering-canada-criminal-activity-convictions/

LOL, money laundering cash flow is all that keeps the TARP recipient corpses afloat.

Last edited:

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Link please. From my understanding, the PRC government is not particularly fond of drug smuggling. In fact in this case, the Canadian was accused of trying to smuggle not to China but from China to Australia. Read the article.
Epic cluelessness noted-ever heard of the Big Circle Boys?

Money laundering to beat the band?

No?

I don't have to read that article about a convicted drug trafficker/loser popped in China- the Really Big Fish live Right Here in Vancouver.

This reminds me a little of the Canadian drug traffickers busted in Manila they were undercutting the local Chinese gang on price-guess who turned them in?

An associate of mine met these clowns in Manila he said everyone know it was just a matter of time.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm not aware that China is doing it on purpose. Link please.
The situation has gone from bad to worse, after Canada recently turned down China’s request to insert a new police liaison officer in China’s Vancouver consulate.

“It’s a huge fight with China right now, and if you anger the Chinese they won’t work with you,” said a source, who could not be identified. “The fentanyl coming into Canada is going to get worse. Nothing will happen because we have to satisfy what they (the Chinese government) want.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/4658188/fentanyl-china-canada-diplomatic-tensions/

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/schellenberg-death-sentence-china-1.4976959

If he is guilty, and I hope he got a fair trial, then let this be an example to other smugglers.

Initially, I thought it might have been trumped up charges but upon further reading on him, he has a history of drug involvement and trafficking so he's gotten what he deserves as far as I'm concerned. How can anyone figure that going into a country, especially like China, that they would get away with this kind of crap? Stupid is as Stupid does I guess.

JMO

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Initially, I thought it might have been trumped up charges but upon further reading on him, he has a history of drug involvement and trafficking so he's gotten what he deserves as far as I'm concerned. How can anyone figure that going into a country, especially like China, that they would get away with this kind of crap? Stupid is as Stupid does I guess.
JMO
Like I said up top. Time to arrest all Chinese diplomats in Canada and charge them with conspiracy to import a controlled substance. If their gonna get all self-righteous about drug trafficking then they should have no argument or complaint about the arrest of their diplomats for said crime.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
The situation has gone from bad to worse, after Canada recently turned down China’s request to insert a new police liaison officer in China’s Vancouver consulate.
“It’s a huge fight with China right now, and if you anger the Chinese they won’t work with you,” said a source, who could not be identified. “The fentanyl coming into Canada is going to get worse. Nothing will happen because we have to satisfy what they (the Chinese government) want.”
https://globalnews.ca/news/4658188/fentanyl-china-canada-diplomatic-tensions/

They're not saying that they're promoting it. They're just saying that they won't cooperate with Canadian authorities. I find it hard-headed of course, but it's not quite the same as promoting it.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
How does a convicted drug dealer get into China in the first place?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
How does a convicted drug dealer get into China in the first place?

If Chinese and Canadian authorities have such little cooperation between one another, then chances they also can't know the criminal records of tourists entering from one another's states.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Convicted drug dealer with long previous criminal history couldn't get into America, let alone China.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Convicted drug dealer with long previous criminal history couldn't get into America, let alone China.

CBSA and TSA share much more information with one another than they do between them and their Chinese counterparts.