Half of Canadians Want Refugees Deported

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Because homeless shelters were emptied if Canadian homeless to make room for illegals.

Actually it is because the SOCIALLY FAILED children of previous generations of LIE-beral selected immigrants- meaning ones selected by Pierre Trudeau................ are now fighting for control of turf with FAILED immigrants selected by Our idiot Boy Justin Trudeau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isnt that nice????????????????????????

Its ALL in the LIE-beral family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating what a MESS LIE-beral policy is making of Toronto- and other urban centres! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Decay sparks farewell to downtown Toronto living

By Anthony Furey: Published: July 23, 2018. Updated: July 23, 2018 8:30 AM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Toronto & GTA

Related

News
WARMINGTON: Was Danforth attack terror, or terrorism?
News
WARMINGTON: Toronto the safe? Not anymore
News
LEVY: Mayor, council helped create crime mess in Toronto

The low point of living with kids in downtown Toronto came for me just the other month.

My son and I had left our unit to take a bag of trash to the garbage chute. Then we headed to take the stairs down to play outside. I opened the stairwell door and my young son did as he always does and charged ahead. But this time he suddenly came to a stop.

“Oh,” he said, confused. I followed behind and bumped into him. He’d stopped dead in his tracks. There on the floor right in front of us was a woman with a needle hanging from her shin. We’d interrupted her injection.

“Oh,” she said in response. My son looked up at me. I looked down at her. She looked up at me.

“Are … are you OK?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she stammered in a sad, apologetic voice. “I’m just leaving.”

(Oh right!!!! If only such people would leave quickly and quietly!!!!! She was probably delighted to find that safe stairwell to lurk in! Andh ow RUDE of residents to intrude on her privacy!)

Her arms were a mess. Her ankles were a mess. She was hanging by a thread. Her bony calf was the only clean place left to inject.

And there she was, in our building’s staircase, just a few feet away from my condo door.

I went down to tell the security guard and he sighed, saying something about how they’re always doing drugs or urinating in the underground parking garage.

No, I explained to him, she wasn’t in the underground. She was in the building proper. A new barrier had been crossed.

(The persistence of drug addicts in pursuit of their addiction is legendary!)

That said, the barrier for us had always been pretty precarious. I’m used to checking playground equipment for needles before letting the kids go on it.

I’m always prepped to divert the stroller in a different direction to avoid what looks like a dangerous situation on the horizon.

And those are just the challenges unique to living as close as we do to the curious ecosystem that is the Moss Park neighbourhood. Families throughout the core grapple with a whole range of more mundane issues like tiny living spaces and avoiding showdowns with motorists, dog walkers and – as Mike Strobel called them – “bicycultists.”

(Isnt that nice- navigating downtown is becoming ever more like working through a minefield!I recall being stopped one very hot afternoon at Jarvis and Shuter St. And 2 guys are standing talking beside and empty wheel chair- and every now and then they look down at a bundle on the sidewalk as if monitoring it. And the bundle resolves into an unconscious man laying face down on the sidewalk. A closer look reveals the guy has no legs- just stumps- and then it hits- me- the guy is NOT WEARING Pants! Yeah- he is only wearing a T-shirt- as if he got up in the morning and decided that was all he needed to go out into the summer heat! There is no blanket or sheet visible on or around the chair so I must conclude he went out sans pants or underwear!)

(In the old says he would have had cops or paramedics rolling up to check on him but these days its “ho-hum- just another addict on a bad trip or something like that”! And nobody now wants to get involved with such crazy people who are becoming such a blight on the landscape!)

(It is possible the guy was merely a diabetic who lost his legs due to circulation issues but if he was in a diabetic coma would his pals not have called 911? One mUst assume his pals knew what he was on- SOMETHING ILLEGAL- and were just waiting for him to get sorted out?)

We’ll be saying goodbye to all that when we move out of the core next month and into slightly more spacious and slightly less edgy digs.

And I’ve got to say, I have mixed feelings about it.

Downtown living’s been good to me over the years. Will I still be able to browse through music stores in the evenings? Go to midnight movie showings? Raid through the recycling bins of the likes of author Jane Jacobs whenever I passed by her house, because she subscribed to all the best magazines and there was always something great to read?

No, I won’t. But these questions are moot anyway. It’s pure nostalgia talking.

Like almost everyone else, I don’t really buy music anymore. I haven’t been inside a record store in ages. All I do now is get misty eyed whenever I hear Steven Page come on the radio singing “drove downtown in the rain…” It’s been over a decade since I’ve been to a midnight screening of Rocky Horror or The Dark Knight. And it’s been even longer since the famous Jacobs passed away and I stopped going to the theatre that had me regularly pass by her old house.

These urban experiences just don’t exist anymore. At least not for me they don’t. I’m too old. I’m a dad. I go to bed early.

No, when you grow up and have kids your urban perspective suddenly shifts from a care-free one that’s almost blind to the grit of the city to one focused on protecting your offspring from what you suddenly realize is ever-present decay.

Don’t get me wrong, I like a city with grit. But for every person in Manhattan who laments how their home has become so sanitized and corporate, another one will tell you how glad they are to be free of the dirty lawlessness that prevailed in the pre-Guiliani years.

(A little grit is one thing and it will always be with us- but the scale and scope of |Toronto dirt is growing to unmanageable proportions!!!!)

A used needle drop box in Toronto’s Moss Park. (Jack Boland/Toronto Sun)

I’ll never forget a story the late, great Ottawa columnist Earl McRae told me about how he was walking the streets of NYC in the 1980s, not realizing he was in the wrong part of town and having strangers drag him into a restaurant as if he was their dining companion to help avoid the trouble closing in on his heels.

Toronto is heading both forwards and backwards in this regard — while Google is building a “smart city” on the waterfront, just a few minutes away the Moss Park safe injection site has attracted all sorts of new characters causing havoc in the area.

(Yes- the LIE-beral mindset finds the idea of gated communities to be a valid- for them! Too bad they want the rest of us to pay for the gated community privileges while we live in the grit!)

We may soon be like those science fiction movie cities where a polished elite class in white robes live in pristine towers above while the great unwashed stumble about below, fighting over the scraps.

It could be a surprise just who gets sent up top and who is forced to live below. While I’m making my exit, it’s a privilege not everyone has (or wants). The truth is, if we could afford a mythical 4-bedroom condo with family amenities, we’d stay downtown in a heartbeat. But houses are cheaper than these sorts of condos. Go figure.

These days more and more families just can’t afford to live in anything other than their cramped condos. They’re stuck in the middle – not middle-class elites, but not part of the under-class. Are we gearing up for a series of showdowns? The druggies and their high-brow enablers versus the supporters of the broken windows theory?

The lines aren’t that clearly drawn, of course. And the down-and-out get a bad rap. Most of the people I pass on my daily walk up and down Sherbourne are harmless — the guys bumming around on the corners and in the parks are mostly drunks or mentally ill people who mumble to themselves. It’s the hard drug users that are quite literally itching for their next fix who cause all the trouble, for everyone. Them and their dealers.

Some of the kindest everyday gestures I’ve experienced come from the Sherbourne guys and gals — like how they go out of their way to waft away their cigarette smoke when they see your kids coming.

Or — here’s the heartbreaker — when they start to tell you about their own kids but slowly trail off because they know and you know that they don’t see their kids anymore. It’s like that Leonard Cohen line about how there are heroes in the seaweed.

So it’s with conflicting emotions that I say goodbye to all this downtown decay. I’ve read reflections on Toronto living from people 20 years older than me, and it’s both very similar and very different from my experiences.

What, I wonder, will it be like when my kids make the inevitable trek downtown?

afurey at postmedia.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I read both articlesl listed and suspect neither poster actually did before posting them. The government seems to be quietly allowing those who are being truthful in their applications to get visas while applying to stay. The option was always there, but was generally speaking most lied in their applications fearing it damaged their chances. It is the same coming back from being out of Canada and returning....Tell the truth when asked about what cash you have and what you are bringing back.

Of course it does not help when fear-mongers pass on false information on how much it costs to take in migrants and how it causes crime rates to rise along with deterioration of our standard of living. It has been proven that with regular immigration countries flourish and grow in standard of living and crime rates decline.
Really ? Here in LaLaLand it appears most of the gang related shootings that occur are committed by recently arrived ethnic groups . Sure they may be Canadian citizens due to birth , but a disproportionate amount of the gang violence is by two or three immigrant communities. I am sure you will find the same in Toronto the Good .

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Really ? Here in LaLaLand it appears most of the gang related shootings that occur are committed by recently arrived ethnic groups . Sure they may be Canadian citizens due to birth , but a disproportionate amount of the gang violence is by two or three immigrant communities. I am sure you will find the same in Toronto the Good .
I am sure their ancestors were not treated as yours were. Talk about a dog in the manger attitude. If you treat whole groups of peiople with the expectation of such outcomes some will prove you right. That sort of rhetoric is self fullfilling. Quit the fear-mongering it only worsens the situation.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Of course it does not help when fear-mongers pass on false information on how much it costs to take in migrants and how it causes crime rates to rise along with deterioration of our standard of living. It has been proven that with regular immigration countries flourish and grow in standard of living and crime rates decline.

Please enlighten us on the costs then. Clearly you have better information than the Canadian Media so let's see what you've got.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Why is crime on a correlating rise as more refugees arrive at the most popular refugee destination in Canada Toronto?
LOL Well it seems the gangs were here long before the present refugee crises and they are based on racism and they exist in nearly every region of Canada., How do you explain the fact that while not every region was inundated with refugees but stilll have a gang problem?

Furthermore Canada's crime rate has been declining inspite of the seeming rise of gang activity. It seems racism is increasing.......exactly why is this happeniing??https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-s-gang-hotspots-are-you-in-one-1.2912442

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I am sure their ancestors were not treated as yours were. Talk about a dog in the manger attitude. If you treat whole groups of peiople with the expectation of such outcomes some will prove you right. That sort of rhetoric is self fullfilling. Quit the fear-mongering it only worsens the situation.
Hmmmn no Irish need apply . Hmmmn Japanese internment . Hmmmn stolen land and culture .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Denial is a good thing I guess, every report says gun violence is up in Toronto in the last couple of years
As it is in the lower mainland . Funny the perpetrators when caught , and the victims when identified are all named Singh , Daliwall , Dosange , Nuygen , etc . Why is that ?

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Denial is a good thing I guess, every report says gun violence is up in Toronto in the last couple of years
Denial of what? That the prejudice in Toronto has always been strong and is increasing?r . It used to be anyone with a Quebec licence plate was fair gane for many young drivers That I do know, Had relatives there so went frequently. I was driven off the road, tailgated etc during the "Hate Quebec" period. Now it has been replaced with anyone of a different culture.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
LOL Well it seems the gangs were here long before the present refugee crises and they are based on racism and they exist in nearly every region of Canada., How do you explain the fact that while not every region was inundated with refugees but stilll have a gang problem?

Furthermore Canada's crime rate has been declining inspite of the seeming rise of gang activity. It seems racism is increasing.......exactly why is this happeniing??https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-s-gang-hotspots-are-you-in-one-1.2912442

Poor STUPID BLUEBYRDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue of LIE-beral LIES regarding crime numbers has already been discussed here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral Chretien CHANGED the way crime numbers were kept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Under the old system- each crime was listed separately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Under the LIE-beral system it is CRIME SCENES THAT ARE LISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there can be MULTIPLE CRIMES committed at one scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LIE-beral method means one must work through a VASTLY MORE CUMBERSOME system to seek out true numbers of crimes being committed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And getting access to those crime details is too often HIDDEN behind MODERN - LIE-beral imposed privacy laws and aided by bureaucratic refusal to cooperate due to "time constraints" !!!!!!!!

Yes- LIE-beral loving Hogs DO NOT have the time to present the TRUTH to us -since it would take so long to look up and assemble true crime numbers under the modern LIE-beral crime reporting system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The system of LIE-beral crime reporting is pretty much identical to the system for recording how many illegals and irregulars and refugees have come to Canada recently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-beral accounting is ALL DESIGNED TO HIDE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at Wynne-bag Ontari-owe LIE-berals trumpeting their "balanced budget" that was hiding a SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the scale and scope of LIE-beral TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals have worked hard to buy Hog votes and so Hogs are not willing to sell out to the enemies of LIE-berals by telling us the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When LIE-berals were cobbling together that balanced $16 billion dollar deficit- civil servants involved in the process refused to sign on unless they got EXEMPTIONS from legal prosecution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hogs KNEW that the LIE-beral balanced budget would come back to HAUNT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition LIE-berals have implemented the Plea Bargaining system which makes major crimes into minor crimes and makes minor crimes DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals claim that plea bargaining saves time and legal costs............but the public is becoming aware that plea bargaining allows LIE-beral hug a thug judges to go LIGHTLY on career criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all- LIE-berals are already hard pressed to explain why so many Blacks and natives end up in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals CLAIM it is racism that prompts so many minorities to end up in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the public says LIE-berals LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The public looks at the Black faces on the evening news - angry faces, sad faces, dead faces.......and WE KNOW that these are the FAILED CHILDREN of immigrants selected by LIE-beral Pierre Trudeau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What LIE-berals call "racism" is merely the ugly end result of LIE-beral VOTE BUYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you select immigrants based on their willingness to be BRIBED by LIE-berals- and do not concern yourself with how those LIE-beral immigrants will survive in Canada- then you get the kind of nightly news we have been seeing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The UGLY TRUTH is that crime is not down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ugly reality is that LIE-berals have RUN OUT of lies and excuses to HIDE how badly their legal system and immigration system are performing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Denial of what? That the prejudice in Toronto has always been strong and is increasing?r . It used to be anyone with a Quebec licence plate was fair gane for many young drivers That I do know, Had relatives there so went frequently. I was driven off the road, tailgated etc during the "Hate Quebec" period. Now it has been replaced with anyone of a different culture.
Where are the stats?

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Hmmmn no Irish need apply . Hmmmn Japanese internment . Hmmmn stolen land and culture .
Yes You do realize you are just bolstering my argument. I am English born & raised in Quebec and I encountered many times "English need not apply" It is against the law to do this now. Don't you think that perhaps not blaming whole cultures for the actions of a few would help?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Where are the stats?
We don’t keep those stats because we are an inclusive welrounded society . And of course our political betters want us rubes uninformed otherwise they would have angry mobs of constituents banging at their doors .