HP Laptops

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Anyone have experience with HP laptops?

I recently bought one about a month ago and I'm finding it quite slow in operation and start up. I use it for the internet mostly and for Excel/Word and all in all I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my purchase.

Anyone else have experience with them?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
the students that ive come across use acer computers. perhaps you should give acer a try.

http://acer.ca

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

I recently bought one about a month ago and I'm finding it quite slow in operation and start up. I use it for the internet mostly and for Excel/Word and all in all I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my purchase.

Put in an ssd drive, or just let it start up. There are a few guides that show how to speed win10 up a little bit, not nearly as much. I use a hybrid so I have lots of storage on the same drive.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Had a HP a long time ago expensive and like you say a POS for the price after about a month it wouldn't start cold in the morning...had to put a heating pad under it for 15 minutes before it would start up..
Been using ACER for years now, cheap and if they start giving me too much trouble I triple wipe the hard drive before scrapping it and buy a new one...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What processor do you have, and how much ram Johnny? Sometimes also, bad software or resource sucking things like antivirus etc can also be the problem. Post the model# maybe so we can look it up.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

I've owned 3 in a row now I like them. Use to run Sony used to be very good machines, I'm thinking of trying Samsung one of these days

ValerieGreen

Jan 14, 2019
I use HP and my lil brother uses Acer. I use it for mostly for browsing and for my research work. He uses it mostly for movies, photo editing, games, and all other stuff. And still, my Laptop runs slower than his. Both of us have the same RAM too.

Gabriel9999

Mar 21, 2019
Hello , HP pavilion models were slow, due to the processor, I had. I know new models are good

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
Switch to an SSD drive. Nowadays they are cheap, way faster, more reliable too. Add all the RAM you can; that is cheap too.

Owned HP in the past, no problems + great keyboard.

Lots of articles re. streamlining & speeding up WIN 10 on the web, and YouTube.