GE sets new 52 week low

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No idea who, nor do I much care. Pension funds perhaps. Short selling can work really well if you control both the information and a sizeable percentage of the stock.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
China isn't a capitalist country, they have too many poor that they are letting live for that to be the case. Walnut must know a lot as he won't go near that part of 'their ways and means' in the 'pay to play' world.
https://sputniknews.com/us/201812151070716593-foreign-agent-clinton-foundation/
Although the former government forensic investigators previously shared the relevant documents more than once with the FBI and IRS, this time, at a congressional hearing they opted to reference them without handing them over to the committee.

Fraud investigators have revealed the Clinton Foundation’s "impropriety" in a Congressional hearing, referring to it as a virtual foreign agent acting in “its principals’ personal interests”.
Former government forensic investigator John Moynihan and his ex-colleague Lawrence Doyle shared 6,000 pages of evidence of the afore-mentioned with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) over a year ago, as well as with the FBI on multiple occasions. However, when testifying before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Thursday, they rejected the committee’s request to come forward with the relevant documents citing reluctance to be involved in any ongoing investigations.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Xerox debt was just downgraded to junk status. Unimaginable 20 years ago.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
it illustrates that GE still potentially has a long way yet to fall

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
it illustrates that GE still potentially has a long way yet to fall
... and GM and a whole lot of other "old" US businesses that have run their course. Trump blames foreigners but they are a symptom of a general running down, there. British industry went through the same death cycle a century ago when their empire entered it's sunset years. American, German and Japanese companies were the prime benefactor of that. China and the Asian Tigers are the winners this time.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
American companies like Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, Facebook, Walmart, Caterpillar, Ford, Apple, 3M,...

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
American companies like Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, Facebook, Walmart, Caterpillar, Ford, Apple, 3M,...
Some of those are in decline ...Walmart, Ford, Caterpillar are "yesterday"
and doomed. 3M soldiers on because of their diversity. Microsoft peaked a decade ago. Most computing devices around the world are held in your hand, now and the Windows operating system has not caught on with mobility. Apple, then Android rule the roost, now. I use Windows in my workplace only but nowhere else, anymore. Facebook has peaked and is going over the top. There are issues galore with Facebook. Amazon is on the way up, killing off the Post Offices, malls and general merchandizers like Walmart off as they climb. (Remember Sears? the catalog store killed off by the new Amazon catalog store?)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Some of those are in decline ...Walmart, Ford, Caterpillar are "yesterday"
and doomed. 3M soldiers on because of their diversity. Microsoft peaked a decade ago. Most computing devices around the world are held in your hand, now and the Windows operating system has not caught on with mobility. Apple, then Android rule the roost, now. I use Windows in my workplace only but nowhere else, anymore. Facebook has peaked and is going over the top. There are issues galore with Facebook. Amazon is on the way up, killing off the Post Offices, malls and general merchandizers like Walmart off as they climb. (Remember Sears? the catalog store killed off by the new Amazon catalog store?)
Amazon is American. Walmart is flourishing. Everywhere I look I see construction with huge Caterpillar machines. Ford is setting truck sale records. Eight of the top ten largest companies in the world are American, and five of those eight are less than 50 years old with three of those being less than 20 years old.

But yer right, the US is failing.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Amazon is American. Walmart is flourishing. Everywhere I look I see construction with huge Caterpillar machines. Ford is setting truck sale records. Eight of the top ten largest companies in the world are American, and five of those eight are less than 50 years old with three of those being less than 20 years old.
But yer right, the US is failing.
Yup, it is and you're keeping a "happy face" instead of watching historic trends. Ford, by the way, is about to close several plants and lay off may thousands as GM just did. Microsoft has nowhere to go but down. Caterpillar has many competitors around the world and outside of North America, will have dismal market share. Walmart is not growing, anymore. Millennials don't shop that way.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Yup, it is and you're keeping a "happy face" instead of watching historic trends. Ford, by the way, is about to close several plants and lay off may thousands as GM just did. Microsoft has nowhere to go but down. Caterpillar has many competitors around the world and outside of North America, will have dismal market share. Walmart is not growing, anymore. Millennials don't shop that way.
Yer post is a manure pile.

Ford is not closing plants. Microsoft stock is at record highs and expected to go higher in 2019. Caterpillar sells more heavy equipment than any other manufacturer worldwide. Walmart had its best growth in a decade in 2017 including 40% growth of online sales; none of these sales were purchased by millennials (whatever those are).

Last edited: