2018 deaths of noteables

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
GHWB (rip) - one of the uninterrupted litany of mediocrities that occupied the Oval Office inclusive between Nixon and Obama. They were Neocons or Neolibs, only superficially distinguishable. They were all agents of the Pax Americana with its motto of 'make the world safe for democracy' but really meant make the world safe for American capitalism.

Globalism, free trade, laissez-faire, privatization, monetarism, foreign intrigue and military intervention . It all came home to roost in a moribund domestic economy; deindustrialization, financial rule, cultural disintegration, polarization of wealth and a collapsing world economic order. Bit of a disaster really. He struck me a someone who would look at home in a nautical outfit at the Kennebunkport Yacht Club. The Whitehouse was a vast overreach; but he's certainly not alone in that.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Of course it did Dear.

With you calling for my death in public would you go to jail if I did a suicide right so you were left holding the bag, that would be a win for me, Yes???

We might have a party.....
But you're not Irish
We could make an exception for a sand nigger lover.....

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I prefer to piss in your face while you still know it's happening, like I do to all racist pigs.

That's just me though you do whatever turns your crank. I won't recall you, ever, how does that make you feel after all the energy you have spent so far telling me that I don't matter in your world.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Of course it did Dear.
With you calling for my death in public would you go to jail if I did a suicide right so you were left holding the bag, that would be a win for me, Yes???
Well yeah. The Mossad has your number. They inoculated your basement with mold and blocked the back venting on your plumbing so sewer gasses permeated your abode.

Did you think it was natural?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Well yeah. The Mossad has your number. They inoculated your basement with mold and blocked the back venting on your plumbing so sewer gasses permeated your abode.

Did you think it was natural?
Naah.....what it was ... his dogs would shit in the basement because he was to lazy to bring them outside....

And his constant rants against the Jews is not racist....naaah!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63

6 December 2018
BBC News

Pete Shelley, co-founded the Buzzcocks, one of the UK's best known punk bands in the 70s

Buzzcocks lead singer Pete Shelley has died at 63 of a suspected heart attack.

The punk band are best known for their hit, Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've).

Their management told the BBC that Shelley died on Thursday in Estonia where he was living.

BBC music correspondent Lizo Mzimba said Buzzcocks, who formed in Bolton in the 1970s, were regarded as more polished, but musically no less influential, than the Sex Pistols.

The band have tweeted saying Shelley was "one of the UK's most influential and prolific songwriters and co-founder of the seminal original punk band Buzzcocks".

His music inspired generations of musicians over a five-decade career with his band and as a solo artist, they said.

The Charlatans' singer Tim Burgess said Shelley's "perfect three-minute pop songs" were "the soundtrack to being a teenager".

Teenage Fanclub singer Norman Blake tweeted how important Shelley's songs had been in his youth, and remained so today.

And singer Tracey Thorn, formerly of Everything But The Girl, said Shelley had been an "amazing songwriter".

The author Neil Gaiman tweeted "part of my youth dies with him".

Steve Diggle, John Maher, Pete Shelley and Steve Garvey, left to right, in a 1978 photoshoot

Music critic Stephen Thomas Erlewine said Buzzcocks were one of the most influential bands to emerge in the initial wave of punk rock, with echoes of their music in everyone from Hüsker Dü to Nirvana.

"The Buzzcocks were inspired by the Sex Pistols' energy, yet they didn't copy the Pistols' angry political stance," he wrote in AllMusic.

"Instead, they brought that intense, brilliant energy to the three-minute pop song. Shelley's alternately funny and anguished lyrics about adolescence and love were some of the best and smartest of his era."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46476369