pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Some are saying Hillary is positioning herself for another swipe at the brass ring .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
would make more sense if hillary had not won the popular vote by a landslide.
Yeah. Less than five percent.

Here's the news, Canuck. A "landslide" wins the electoral vote.

Seriously, you can pretend with your Canadian friends that you know what's going on all you like, but that shit don't fly down hereabouts.

And I say that as someone who is generally fairly sympathetic to your viewpoint, if not your habit of spewing every random thought you have as fact.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Seriously, you can pretend with your Canadian friends that you know what's going on all you like, but that shit don't fly down hereabouts.

And I say that as someone who is generally fairly sympathetic to your viewpoint, if not your habit of spewing every random thought you have as fact.
Ah, come on. Don't think anyone pretends to understand what is going on down there. Some DO understand it and others don't but are trying to. Others don't give a darn.
One thing is evident.......and that is : there is a new "norm" in the US now. What was unacceptable before.....has become acceptable. Social/cultural change. Where this new norm meets the legal boundaries are yet to be determined. No one can project the type of country it will be ......and even IS for that matter ,

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

3 million votes

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ah, come on. Don't think anyone pretends to understand what is going on down there. Some DO understand it and others don't but are trying to. Others don't give a darn.
One thing is evident.......and that is : there is a new "norm" in the US now. What was unacceptable before.....has become acceptable. Social/cultural change. Where this new norm meets the legal boundaries are yet to be determined. No one can project the type of country it will be ......and even IS for that matter ,
It's not hard if you remember that the U.S. was not set up as a country like France. It was set up as a union of independent states, actually kinda like the EU. There are NO national elections in the U.S. There is not a single Congressional district that crosses a state line. ALL elections are state elections, and the states elect the President. They aren't even required to hold a popular vote.

"Each state shall appoint, in such manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a number of electors. . ."
U.S. Const., Art. II, sec. 1 (emphasis mine).

And I see it differently. What was unacceptable for a while has become acceptable again, for now.

I'm getting a lot of Schadenfreude from seeing the asswits let their freak flags fly on what they think of as Presidential permission, only to get fired and/or prosecuted.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
would make more sense if hillary had not won the popular vote by a landslide.

Don't be too hard on him

He's been taking lesson in mathematics from flossy ...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
We will defer to your knowledge of numbers.

2.8 million is not a lot.