Gun Control is Completely Useless.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Ah but remember Canadians are happy with the laws as they are. Now it is a matter of catching the smugglers and thieves that seem to still have guns available.. You know very well that wishing and campaigning for the same laws the US operates under simply is neither sensible or particularly wanted by most Canadians. Defend the US rules all you want as long as you realize it ain't gonna happen

========================================================================================================

PITY OUR POOR FOOLISH Bluebyrdie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is flittering about in feather straining circles here trying to have her cake and eat it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the one hand she desperately wants LIE-berals to retain their hold on power for the sake of the gravy she is getting from them!!!!!!!!

And of course the daughter of bluebyrdie works for LIE-berals and HER GRAVY needs to be protected as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is - as Bluebyrdie knows well - is that voting LIE-beral means both strong support for Hog gravy - and VERY WEAK

CRIME FIGHTING EFFORTS by wretched LIE-beral hug a thug judges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS a foolish little Bluebyrdie supposed to do about such conflicting interests???????????????????????????

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
classifying guns is not making laws.

please confine yourself to lying about other things

Incompetence in Reading Comprehension on your part does not constitute lying on my part.

It obviously is de facto making law when they are acting outside the letter of the law.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I've already posted one link proving that guns are the most used murder weapon in the US.

Well if you are going to repeat yourself, so will I. In Canada, they do kill more people than guns.

Guns are the preferred murder weapon here too.
Homicide victims, primary methods used to commit homicide
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=3510006901

I thank you for cherry picking the 2016 data. There are other years where cherry picking would have benefited me. I'm sure we will never agree which year to use so lets use all years...

When looking at all years,that chart shows more homicides by stabbing than homicides by shootings

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Incompetence in Reading Comprehension on your part does not constitute lying on my part.

It obviously is de facto making law when they are acting outside the letter of the law.
To be fair, one could argue that the food and drug administration is allowed to ban a product without having to get government approval for every single item.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
To be fair, one could argue that the food and drug administration is allowed to ban a product without having to get government approval for every single item.

I can appreciate what you are saying, but I think there are differences in play here.

The FDA can do things like block import of a product for failure to meet FDA requirements, but they aren't adding new drugs to the 'marijuana is absolutely illegal' list. If that makes any sense.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I can appreciate what you are saying, but I think there are differences in play here.

The FDA can do things like block import of a product for failure to meet FDA requirements, but they aren't adding new drugs to the 'marijuana is absolutely illegal' list. If that makes any sense.
It still is a valid debating point instead of "Ban all guns" on one side and "No new regulations" on the other side!
The real point is...."Did the government give the RCMP authorization to to make those decisions?" And why did no one take those regulations to court?
Maybe someone did ....or not....I don't know....
I'm just playing devils' advocate here, to keep the argument sensible.....
Instead of standing back to back and walking ten paces........................................

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Hoidie appears to averse to taking the Reading course for Dummies...…………………………….at his peril :)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
More mindless criticism.

Who should be determining gun classifications?

Maybe the plumbers union could take a crack at it.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Right. Because classifying guns is making laws, so lawmakers should make them.

I guess the Senate would have to sign off on it too.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How you do spew the crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KEY IS GETTING GUNS AWAY FROM CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classifying guns is IRRELEVANT COMPARED TO GETTING RID OF LIE-beral hug a thug judges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there would be less crime if LIE-berals generally did not buy votes by sucking up to criminals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are far to quick to release hard core criminals when they are only one third of the way through an ALREADY INADEQUATE SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Well if you are going to repeat yourself, so will I. In Canada, they do kill more people than guns.

I thank you for cherry picking the 2016 data. There are other years where cherry picking would have benefited me. I'm sure we will never agree which year to use so lets use all years...

When looking at all years,that chart shows more homicides by stabbing than homicides by shootings

========================================================================================================

Oh what a tangled web LIE-berals weave when they wish to deceive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is anecdotal evidence to indicate the following::

A knife is often a weapon picked up in anger- an impulse control issue for the drunk and stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But a gun is apparently preferred by our gang bangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gun is the preferred weapon of calculated killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guN is preferred by humans hunting other humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The knife wielder must be up close-in the victims face...................the gun man can stand at a distance and ambush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have seen lots of security video of gang morons shooting others....................but NO vedeo of people being stabbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can reasonably guess that a pistol is the weapon of choice for gang goofs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And since we live next door to the most heavily armed civilian population on the planet- and since our LIE-berals will not seal the

border against drug and gun smugglers or even block illegals.......... because they refuse to waste their gravy on our safety.............it

stands to reason that we should BAN gangsters rather than bother PRETENDING TO BAN PISTOLS................THAT ARE ALREADY

ILLEGAL ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, life would be both quieter and more prosperous if we banned gangs and their LIE-beral enablers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
No we are not. Legit gun owners are being harassed while criminals skate on plea bargains
Yes they are. According to stats there are about 26 % gun owning households in Canada and as some would say that is not accurate. So adjusting that to even 45%. in conceding the number too low . It still leaves 55% quite happy without a gun!! and happy with our law. As for harassing what is this based on?? Have they changed the gun laws significantly or merely making sure the law is abided by.

If the taxes on guns go up why should they not??? Everything else is subject to tax increases so why not guns?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Yes they are. According to stats there are about 26 % gun owning households in Canada and as some would say that is not accurate. So adjusting that to even 45%. in conceding the number too low . It still leaves 55% quite happy without a gun!! and happy with our law. As for harassing what is this based on?? Have they changed the gun laws significantly or merely making sure the law is abided by.
If the taxes on guns go up why should they not??? Everything else is subject to tax increases so why not guns?

Clearly you are not a fan of the principle of limitations, where freedoms are subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

That is exactly correct.

Although we could avoid all this stupidity by adopting the new Conservative Party policy on classification:

All selective fire or full auto firearms are prohibited.

All firearms with an overall length of less than 660 mm are restricted.

All firearms not full auto, and with an overall length of more than 660 mm are non-restricted.

Simple, as effective as what we have now, and capable of classification by any moron with a tape measure.