Gun Control is Completely Useless.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
So how does harassing legal gun owners, who have a murder rate less than one half the national rate, solve the problem?
Ah but remember Canadians are happy with the laws as they are. Now it is a matter of catching the smugglers and thieves that seem to still have guns available.. You know very well that wishing and campaigning for the same laws the US operates under simply is neither sensible or particularly wanted by most Canadians. Defend the US rules all you want as long as you realize it ain't gonna happen

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Ah but remember Canadians are happy with the laws as they are. Now it is a matter of catching the smugglers and thieves that seem to still have guns available.. You know very well that wishing and campaigning for the same laws the US operates under simply is neither sensible or particularly wanted by most Canadians. Defend the US rules all you want as long as you realize it ain't gonna happen

The US rules are proper for the USA.

Canadian rules are for Canada.

As for "......remember Canadians are happy with the laws as they are" I would point out the Liberals are attacking Canadian gun owners on three fronts simultaneously;

1. Moving to implementing UN firearms marking rules, which will substantially increase the cost of firearms by mandating a country marking and the year of manufacture on every firearm, for no actual positive reason.

2. Bill C-71, which increases paperwork, creates a back door gun registry (in violation of Liberal promises) and gives the RCMP complete control of classification. (since when has the police making law been a good idea/)

3. Investigating the possibility of banning all restricted and prohibited firearms. (handguns and semi-auto firearms)

That is harassment.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
1. Good. Tax them like cigarettes. the more the better.

2. Being in charge of classifying weapons is not making law

3. Lots of jurisdictions look at gun ban in one form or another and many carry out gun bans in one form or another. As far as I know the Earth still remains in its normal orbit.

I wonder how many gun owners (who have half the national homicide rate) are involved on gun-related homicides?

Half of them?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There are more gun related suicides than homicides in most countries
most liberal anti gun people are also pro assisted suicide
"In Canada, about 80 per cent of firearm-related deaths are suicides." ...Google it

So why remove an option for those who need to end it all...
Think of the savings in mental heath treatment :wink:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You have to love the suicides where it is two bullets to the back of the head. Somebody should patent that move.

That should be a question when applying for one, is it for suicide? If the answer is 'yes' there is a room in the back if you want to look at the choices and bullets are cash only. Then 2 to the back of his head as he walks towards 'the room'. Case closed.
Be a pacifist and retreat to a place known to be controlled by something as benign as 'death squads'??? I would change tourism companies about that point and check out your own Fiji Island with a few bales of coco leaves for tea that helps with the altitude sickness of living 10ft above the high tide mark.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
There are more gun related suicides than homicides in most countries
most liberal anti gun people are also pro assisted suicide
"In Canada, about 80 per cent of firearm-related deaths are suicides." ...Google it
So why remove

Well, let's get more guns out there and fix that skewed statistic ... get it up to North American standards, at least.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
1. Good. Tax them like cigarettes. the more the better.

2. Being in charge of classifying weapons is not making law

3. Lots of jurisdictions look at gun ban in one form or another and many carry out gun bans in one form or another. As far as I know the Earth still remains in its normal orbit.

I wonder how many gun owners (who have half the national homicide rate) are involved on gun-related homicides?

Half of them?

1. They are already taxed.

2. It is when the RCMP make regulations outside the law, then enforce them as law.......but lefties do love a police state.

3. Yeah, jurisdictions like Russia, China, North Korea, who have no freedom, and Great Britain, who are rapidly losing their freedom. Relatively easy civilian access to firearms is the canary in the coal mine of liberty. :)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
1. They are not taxed like cigarettes or even gas. They are taxed like normal consumer goods.
if the average gun costs say $500 there should be at least a $250 tax on it.

2. They are not making regulations when they decide the classification of a gun. You are making a ridiculous argument - or at least trying to.

3. Tell me where a sawed off shotgun is legal. Nowhere in America.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
1. They are not taxed like cigarettes or even gas. They are taxed like normal consumer goods.
2. They are not making regulations when they decide the classification of a gun. You are making a ridiculous argument - or at least trying to.
3. A sawn-off shotgun is legal anywhere in the United States if the owner has a Class III stamp for it.

That is, of course, for sawn-off shotguns with stocks. A short shotgun with a pistol grip is completely legal, regulated as a pistol. For example. . .

https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/compact-cruiser-aow/

Here's what it looks like. . .

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'll leave the explanation of Canadian law to Colpy, but up until a few years ago I owned a real short barrel backpacker 410 Benelli that was legal because its overall length was 30" from the factory.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
The US rules are proper for the USA.

Canadian rules are for Canada.

As for "......remember Canadians are happy with the laws as they are" I would point out the Liberals are attacking Canadian gun owners on three fronts simultaneously;

1. Moving to implementing UN firearms marking rules, which will substantially increase the cost of firearms by mandating a country marking and the year of manufacture on every firearm, for no actual positive reason.

2. Bill C-71, which increases paperwork, creates a back door gun registry (in violation of Liberal promises) and gives the RCMP complete control of classification. (since when has the police making law been a good idea/)

3. Investigating the possibility of banning all restricted and prohibited firearms. (handguns and semi-auto firearms)

That is harassment.
geez imagine some feeling angst because citizens have to pay more for the right kill wildlife or protect themselves. For centuries, women and the young have never felt safe from those stronger than they are . Understand they feel it is just wrong to beat on those weaker than themselves. We are finally as a species coming around to education and laws to make those bullies think long and hard before indulging their whims.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

!. Incredibly stupid, and simply support for harassment of good Canadian citizens.

2. Examples:

The 10/22 .22 LR rimfire rifle was produced first in 1964. Rimfire rifles are exempt from magazine restrictions, as they are bunny killers..........rimfire pistols (like all other pistols) are restricted to 10 rounds. Shortly after the first production of the 10/22 rifle, extended magazines to hold 25 or more rounds were introduced.

Then (in 2010) Ruger began producing a pistol that takes 10/22 magazines..........and the RCMP declared all large capacity magazines for the 10/22 as prohibited, despite the regulations stating that a magazine is to be considered to be part of the firearm it was "designed and manufactured" to fit.

Magazines produced between 1964 and 2010 could not have been "designed and manufactured" for a pistol that did not exist.

Remember, these are .22s we are talking about, not man killers.

And that, my friend, is re-writing the law simply to harass gun owners..

Secondly, the RCMP decided that another .22 rifle was a "variant" of the Kalishnikov design.....the infamous AK 47......because it faintly looked like that rifle. It shared no parts, it worked on an entirely different operating system (blowback as opposed to gas operated), was half the size, and fired a weak rimfire cartridge as opposed to an assault rifle cartridge. And it didn't even really look like an AK.

Banned. To be surrendered without compensation.

And that, my friend, is re-writing the law simply to harass gun owners..

There are a few more, but that should demonstrate clearly why the police should not be given absolute control.

3. What?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
!. tax the shit out of them and try to get some of the money up front for the damage they do.

2. you complain that the RCMP should not be the ones to classify guns - but that has nothing to do with writing the law

3. There are lots of gun bans in North America. Stop trying to pretend there are not.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
1. Ban the shit out of them and try to get back some of the money they cost the taxpayer every ****ing year

2. You complain about the rcmp being the ones to classify weapons - but that g=has nothing to do with making the laws.

3. There are many gun bans in North America - stop trying to pretend there are not.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No we are not. Legit gun owners are being harassed while criminals skate on plea bargains

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
!. tax the shit out of them and try to get some of the money up front for the damage they do.
2. you complain that the RCMP should not be the ones to classify guns - but that has nothing to do with writing the law
3. There are lots of gun bans in North America. Stop trying to pretend there are not.
Typical commie solution. Ever notice it is only communist countries that have to fence thie citizens in? And only the government has guns