Converting old technology to new...

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
For a while now I have been converting my old vhs tapes to digital..
Last year I found an old VHS TV recorder player and a DVD TV recorder in a garage sale
Converting all my old VHS to DVD took days, because I had to do it in real time while watching one tape after the other to record it to DVD.
The next step is to take the four .VOB files from the DVD, import them to windows movie maker to get rid of the DVD recorder logo because the damn thing always recorded in four chapters.
Now I'm in the process of uploading the first one to you tube.
Its a 1988 recording I made in Nashville of Opryland park music and a ride on the General Jackson showboat on the Cumberland river to downtown Nashville then back to the park!
I'll post it when it's finished uploading....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I need to do that too. Jess Lee re Midnite Rodeo Band sang at our wedding in 1987. I've been wanting to watch it but have nothing to do that with. I also have a cassette tape my dad made when our band played on the Variety Club telethon in 1976. Would love to get that digitalized as well.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If you have the camera that your dad used..."super8?" I seem to recall that I would use the cables that came with the camera to upload to big vhs cassettes at the time
I have some of those digitized too
Man ....I tell you.....you need patience

I have about 70+ dvds done...... the last 15 years of filming were easy...I used a mini DVD camcorder...
Most of my youtube uploads were done with that....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You've taken on quite the endeavour.
Oh.... most of the work is done now....... except for uploading to you tube
I'm doing most of them in unlisted or private mode
This one is in public mode because there is nothing personal in it, and to show others that it can be done.

I have three more of that Nashville trip that are not for public viewing

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I wish that dvds, converter boxes, and pvrs didn't have copy protection. :(