Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
The Bill of Rights, Second Amendment, states "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the Security of a free State, the Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Any law affecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms should be carefully analyzed against the Second Amendment.

The Oakes test in Canada is a good concept

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Oakes test in Canada is a good concept
I like the Oakes test.

What we do down here is called "rational basis" and "strict scrutiny." Essentially, if the issue does not involve a fundamental right, the government need only prove that there is a "rational basis" for limiting the right. If the right is deemed fundamental (usually Constitutional rights), the government action is subjected to "strict scrutiny" and must prove it has a "compelling" government interest for limiting the right.

Probably the fundamental rights most often limited by government action are gun rights. Next-most would be equality for women.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure a big bore derringer with a low powered load with a flat faced plastic disk that bounces off rather than penetrate would still have the one just shot to coming up with better things to do than be there when the reloading is finished. He is the guy with all the 'doorknob' excuses for a strange bruise.

=======================================================================================================

Perhaps we could encourage MHz to demonstrate?

I would PAY MONEY to see him shoot himserlf in the head with a big bore derringer with a low power load!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might smarten him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least reduce the amount of radical Muslim propaganda GARBAGE posts he makes?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I like the Oakes test.

What we do down here is called "rational basis" and "strict scrutiny." Essentially, if the issue does not involve a fundamental right, the government need only prove that there is a "rational basis" for limiting the right. If the right is deemed fundamental (usually Constitutional rights), the government action is subjected to "strict scrutiny" and must prove it has a "compelling" government interest for limiting the right.

Probably the fundamental rights most often limited by government action are gun rights. Next-most would be equality for women.

========================================================================================================

Actually the Yankee constitution DOES SPECIFY that the arms being borne should be carried by "a well regulated militia"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This of course translates into NOT LETTING schizophrenic loons and white hating Muslims have weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I like the Oakes test.

In Canada, there are some that feel we don't have a right to something unless it is specifically stated in our charter. To me, that is a pretty shitty definition of liberty.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In Canada, there are some that feel we don't have a right to something unless it is specifically stated in our charter. To me, that is a pretty shitty definition of liberty.
We had the same debate over adding the Bill of Rights to the Constitution. Critics said the Constitution is islands of government power in a sea of individual liberty, but if we added a Bill of Rights, they would become islands of individual liberty in a sea of government power.

That's why we added the Ninth Amendment (the original Bill of Rights was only eight): "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

But power tends to concentrate, and liberty tends to shrink.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Wow. You've made it quite clear that you have zero empathy for women that are defending themselves from a rapist.
Wrong.....I want something that brings respect and safety to women without having to physically defend ourselves. Why do men ignore that they have dictated through the ages what is provoking to them in what we wear, how we must behave, all the way to our speech while repeatedly ignoring that nearly all rapes are performed by them. Understand WOMEN do not want to be raped! Also some MEN believe they have the right to take what was not offered or have been refused to them. So, why do we (women) have to continue to be blamed for the abuse or carry a weapon and shoot someone for something that is NOT their fault!!

The law favours the rapist . It is not women that treat rape victims badly it is the law and over the ages it has been men that made those laws. I can't even express my disgust at how women are treated when after suffering years of after effects of rape are treated by men and the law when finally being forced to come forward. i.e. Kavanaugh & Dr Ford!!l

Personally I feel all boys and girls from early on should be taught on how to treat each other from grade school on. Maybe if extended world wide it could change the human relationship from warlike to reasonably civilized

Now I am sure there will be expressions of the besmirching of a man'sreputation inspite of the woman's is ruined as soon as she comes forward!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
We had the same debate over adding the Bill of Rights to the Constitution. Critics said the Constitution is islands of government power in a sea of individual liberty, but if we added a Bill of Rights, they would become islands of individual liberty in a sea of government power.
That's why we added the Ninth Amendment (the original Bill of Rights was only eight): "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."
But power tends to concentrate, and liberty tends to shrink.

Article 30.(universal declaration of human rights)

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
So, why do we (women) have to continue to ... carry a weapon and shoot someone for something that is NOT their fault!!
Because no matter how many police, firemen, doctors, ambulance drivers, farmers, bus drivers, etc that society has to offer us....
there are times when buses don't run, food supplies are short, and ambulance,doctors, firemen, and police are too few or too far away...
Ultimately, Bluebyrd, you are responsible for your own welfare, healthcare, security, etc. That responsibility never goes away, not ever. Not even when you are blessed to live in a country where most of this is provided for you most of the time.
It is foolish to not have tools like a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher,
And, you don't have to be a doomsday prepper or a Mormon to appreciate the value of a food storage. Ask anyone in the Dallas floods how they feel about a 72 hour emergency kit. Most will not only agree but they will likely tell you "it is not enough! try a week or month"
Frankly, Bluebyrd, sometimes you may actually have to pull the trigger to save your own ass. No one else will be there for you. You probably won't like it but a dead rapist is better than risking your life. Too many rapists will beat the living shit out of you, do not think that they have the compassion to stop before delivering a fatal kick to the side of your head. Even if you believe you can elicit their compassion, it is not reasonable to expect all women to trust that their rapist will let them live. And, for that reason, I suggest that you defend your life with extreme prejudice.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Wrong.....I want something that brings respect and safety to women without having to physically defend ourselves. Why do men ignore that they have dictated through the ages what is provoking to them in what we wear, how we must behave, all the way to our speech while repeatedly ignoring that nearly all rapes are performed by them. Understand WOMEN do not want to be raped! Also some MEN believe they have the right to take what was not offered or have been refused to them. So, why do we (women) have to continue to be blamed for the abuse or carry a weapon and shoot someone for something that is NOT their fault!!

The law favours the rapist . It is not women that treat rape victims badly it is the law and over the ages it has been men that made those laws. I can't even express my disgust at how women are treated when after suffering years of after effects of rape are treated by men and the law when finally being forced to come forward. i.e. Kavanaugh & Dr Ford!!l

Personally I feel all boys and girls from early on should be taught on how to treat each other from grade school on. Maybe if extended world wide it could change the human relationship from warlike to reasonably civilized

Now I am sure there will be expressions of the besmirching of a man'sreputation inspite of the woman's is ruined as soon as she comes forward!

======================================================================================================

Congratulations Bluebyrdie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have JUST EXPLAINED AND JUSTIFIED WHY IT IS THAT MOST LEADERS ARE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just what in hell do you think LIE-berals have ALLEGEDLY been trying to teach our kids for the last 40 years"??????????????????????????

After FORTY YEARS of LIE-beral education - the first thing that an angry kid shouts at another is FAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly- this type of insult IS NOT RESERVED FOR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A member of the Toronto District School Board became enraged by the reporting of Sun writer Sue Ann Levy- a self professed Lesbian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the first words out of the mouth of the angry school trustee were "Bull Dyke"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- a FEMALE school trustee- caught out yet again by a dogged reporter promoting more unpopular policies roars out the rudest

thing she can think of: "Bull Dyke"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then spends a couple of months at home relaxing and "dealing with anger issues" - ON FULL PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kids ARE LEARNING IT from our teachers and their FASCIST civil service Hog unions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our kids are being taught very carefully and precisely that our LIE-beral govt is the biggest collection of Fake News purveyors in the

history of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as we know- women voted TWO TO ONE AGAINST MIKE HARRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there is the plain answer as to why there are not more female leaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women are more likely to be reluctant to make the tough decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not that they cannot make the choices- its just that too often they DO NOT get trained properly and so they look for ways to AVOID the hard choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there are definitely exceptions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One has only to look at Margaret Thatcher in her battle with the coal miners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Golda Meir building up the Israeli Defense Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or Helen Fairclough- former FEDERAL FINANCE MINISTER back in the 1960`s..........in the good old days when we HAD a balanced

budget and no need to spend months shouting "LIAR" at the number crunchers as was done with Wynne-bag LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women CAN do the job........but mostly they dont want too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Women want a better balance between home and work than men -so they dont put in the LONG hours needed to advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And isnt that EXACTLY what Professor Jordan Peterson has stated- based on his research??????????????????

WHY..................YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"Among developed nations, the US is far and away the most homicidal"

Wrong.

As I have demonstrated over and over and over on these threads.

Once again, here are the tables for Human Development by country, according to the United Nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

Considering only the countries on the Very High Development Index as listed in the article, five have murder rates worse than the USA, and one has a rate roughly comparable:

All numbers per 100,000

United States: 5.35

Lithuania: 5.25 (comparable)

Argentina: 5.94

Uruguay: 7.69

Russia: 10.82

Barbados: 10.91

Bahamas: 28.4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

And we haven't even bothered to consider those on the High Development Index, considering we blew your argument out of the water using only the very highest developed nations on earth.

Oh, btw, please note that every country on my list has gun legislation much tougher than the USA.

I call BS on your post.
Now add in the ones killed by the US in all the foreign lands where they are killing people in a similar fashion, military tools.

The ones in your list are under US foreign control, says something all by itself.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Because no matter how many police, firemen, doctors, ambulance drivers, farmers, bus drivers, etc that society has to offer us....
there are times when buses don't run, food supplies are short, and ambulance,doctors, firemen, and police are too few or too far away...
Ultimately, Bluebyrd, you are responsible for your own welfare, healthcare, security, etc. That responsibility never goes away, not ever. Not even when you are blessed to live in a country where most of this is provided for you most of the time.
It is foolish to not have tools like a first aid kit, a fire extinguisher,
And, you don't have to be a doomsday prepper or a Mormon to appreciate the value of a food storage. Ask anyone in the Dallas floods how they feel about a 72 hour emergency kit. Most will not only agree but they will likely tell you "it is not enough! try a week or month"
Frankly, Bluebyrd, sometimes you may actually have to pull the trigger to save your own ass. No one else will be there for you. You probably won't like it but a dead rapist is better than risking your life. Too many rapists will beat the living shit out of you, do not think that they have the compassion to stop before delivering a fatal kick to the side of your head. Even if you believe you can elicit their compassion, it is not reasonable to expect all women to trust that their rapist will let them live. And, for that reason, I suggest that you defend your life with extreme prejudice.
Yah that is the stupid reply I expected!! You do realize that all those things you suggest are done by women all the time and all we ask is that when a woman gets raped.......the rapist gets punished. What we do not want is to be given ia a bunch of remedies for things that are protections that everyone who is sensible already does.
What we want is not to be shamed when reporting a sexual assault. Remember if men did not snicker and tell lewd jokes in private with each other about such an incident but to realize that by doing so, they are about on the same level as the rapist. YOU are among those who do not have empathy. Women on the whole are the caretakers, of all members of a family not as a killer of rapists!!
It is ludicrous to arm all women against rapists, when men can change the attitudes from treating rape as a joke and treating it as a cowardlly act. Pretty hard eh? when the Pres. of the US. carries on as normal while the interviewer was fired for chuckling over the same joke when the mike was left on. Worse it is what that Pres.thought was really funny........ to grab a woman by the pussy!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Wow if you think we are uncivilized,you should check out some of our mammal cousins practices.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You should also get acquainted with the Ninth. The Third, Seventh, and Tenth are pretty technical or irrelevant these days, and the Sixth is basically representation in court and speedy, public trial. The Eighth is cruel and unusual punishment.
Would hoids irrelevant ramblings count as cruel and unusual punishment?