Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I thought you understood how US democracy works. The leader of the House of Representatives cannot force her colleagues to do anything and attempting to censure them would be extremely unwise.
He's actually closer than you are. The House leadership can bring pressure, rewards, and punishments to bear on members. The textbook Congress works considerably differently from the real Congress in Washington.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I thought you understood how US democracy works. The leader of the House of Representatives cannot force her colleagues to do anything and attempting to censure them would be extremely unwise.

Clearly you have no idea how Congress works. What is unwise is junior members of Congress attacking the Leader of the House, particularly one that is in her own party.

With that said... I encourage AOC to go after Pelosi. I wish that she fights her every step and encourages all of the other new Democrat members of the House to join her.

I do believe that Pelosi will teach AOC and the rest of them a lesson on respecting the establishment Democrat Party and they will be quite compliant eventually and be good little followers.

Feel free to contribute, your lack of knowledge is amusing.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Not happy how she is being treated in her first couple of days of orientation

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's first days in Congress: Treated as intern, clothing criticized

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's first two days in the nation's capital have been an adventure. The 29-year-old, who was the youngest Congresswoman ever elected, was mistaken for an intern her first day and Thursday, her second day, was criticized over her attire through a tweet that was later deleted.
"People keep giving me directions to the spouse and intern events instead of the ones for members of Congress," Ocasio-Cortez wrote Wednesday afternoon on Twitter.
"I STILL get stopped in the halls and confused for a spouse or an intern. This is what happens when you're a young WOC [woman of color] in Congress -- but it shouldn't," Rep. Grace Meng, D-N.Y. who was elected in 2013 wrote on Twitter.
It wasn't just women, either.
"After four years I still get stopped sometimes," tweeted Rep. Carlos Curbelo, who just lost an election to Democratic challenger Debbie Mucarsel-Powell. "Happens to a lot of the younger Members. It’s no big deal. You’ll get over it."
But on Thursday, the attire of Ocasio-Cortez, one of the most recognizable newly elected House members, became the focus.
Eddy Scarry, a reporter for the Washington Examiner, posted a photo of Ocasio-Cortez's backside, saying the Congresswoman-elect's clothing showed she wasn't struggling.
"Hill staffer sent me this pic of Ocasio-Cortez they took just now," Scarry wrote. "I’ll tell you something: that jacket and coat don’t look like a girl who struggles.

Click the link for the full article

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
There's dozens of rookie male senators and congressman in Washington.

Not a single story on their pants.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
He's actually closer than you are. The House leadership can bring pressure, rewards, and punishments to bear on members. The textbook Congress works considerably differently from the real Congress in Washington.

Yes, but the US it is not a parliamentary democracy. Voting across party lines is common, and in fact is expected. Given that Pelosi appears to be skating on thin ice she might be wise to tread carefully; after all there is a much better target in the person of the president.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Poor old cons. Desperate to find fault in a rising star in the Democratic Party. She's in for at least two years, and given her charisma probably a lot longer. It appears that many American voters are tired of the same-old same-old.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
As I mentioned in the OP - she is a big deal.

They just haven't quite figured out why yet - which is par for the remedial course.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yes, but the US it is not a parliamentary democracy. Voting across party lines is common, and in fact is expected. Given that Pelosi appears to be skating on thin ice she might be wise to tread carefully; after all there is a much better target in the person of the president.

You don't know a thing about US Politics.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
And look at all of the pervy old Libs in here all googly eyed at Cortez. You aren't going to get a date with her old men.

*snicker*

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And look at all of the pervy old Libs in here all googly eyed at Cortez. You aren't going to get a date with her old men.

*snicker*
And that young communists wardrobe alone is worth more than most of those old white guys whole portfolio.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
75% of the vote.

I guess everyone here really misunderestimated her and her chances.

She won in a walk.

Trump didn't even get 50%