Gun Control is Completely Useless.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
In 2014, there were 11,961 homicides in the USA.

248 involved rifles of all types..........the vast majority of which are not military in nature at all

-----------------------------------------

one guy with one military in nature rifle killed 58 people one day

=========================================================================================================

That`s a nicely IRRELEVANT FACT considering what is going on in Toronto with all the stabbings and shootings are occurring because LIE-berals have ignored crime for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And EVERY ONE of those shootings- all year long was performed with an ILLEGAL HAND GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ALREADY HAVE GUN CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT WE NEED IS CRIMINAL CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals REFUSE to provide that needed control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Hoid- your Fake News and distractions wil;l not cut it for Cdns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals NEED TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the safety and prosperity of the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That fact is a plain as the blood on the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I don't completely fault anyone for feeling emotion. I think Bluebyrd is probably quite empathetic to the 71 victims of mass shootings. However, firearms in law abiding citizens hands are reported to be used in 500,000 to 3 million defensive uses per year.
Now, I'm going to be break from the usual argument and suggest that only 71 defensive uses per year saved lives...71 vs 71, ok?
I have a serious question for you, Bluebyrd. Do you feel less empathetic to the mothers that used a firearm to protect the lives of their children?
we've already established that you feel no empathy for women that use firearms to protect themselves from being raped.
But how about the children? after all, children make you full of empathy, no?
Let me turn your argument around.....toddlers that shoot their mothers,siblings etc....How do you explain that to them when the time comes?? Where is the empathy for the child? As for the rape of women.....it needs changing the attitude to/ of men regarding rape MORE than shooting the rapist. Women have been made to feel ashamed for being raped. They no longer come forward.

What kind of example did that give to the women of the US when the representatives of the highest court in the land gave a man a lifetime job while under suspicion of possible sexual assault . He got his job but the party I would bet will lose a good many votes....and probably the next election.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I was wondering why she isn't calling for gun control in those countries with higher gun related deaths?
There aren't any higher than the US among developed and civilized nations... Taking under developed, and dictatorship regimes and those involved in civil or drug wars wars as examples is not reasonable. It is the reason I gave the definition of civilized society

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Someday you will discover that there are ammendments other than the 2nd

Off the top of my head, I can give you the broad outline of the First, Second, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments of the Bill of Rights, thank you.

I bet that is better than 90% of Americans.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Off the top of my head, I can give you the broad outline of the First, Second, Fourth, and Fifth Amendments of the Bill of Rights, thank you.
You should also get acquainted with the Ninth. The Third, Seventh, and Tenth are pretty technical or irrelevant these days, and the Sixth is basically representation in court and speedy, public trial. The Eighth is cruel and unusual punishment.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm pretty sure a big bore derringer with a low powered load with a flat faced plastic disk that bounces off rather than penetrate would still have the one just shot to coming up with better things to do than be there when the reloading is finished. He is the guy with all the 'doorknob' excuses for a strange bruise.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You should also get acquainted with the Ninth. The Third, Seventh, and Tenth are pretty technical or irrelevant these days, and the Sixth is basically representation in court and speedy, public trial. The Eighth is cruel and unusual punishment.
Which one has the hanging in the morning and the trial in the afternoon?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

So how is a law affecting rifles burning up the bill of rights?

Obviously you are making hysterical claims here.

Settle down

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Let me turn your argument around.....toddlers that shoot their mothers,siblings etc....How do you explain that to them when the time comes?? Where is the empathy for the child? As for the rape of women.....it needs changing the attitude to/ of men regarding rape MORE than shooting the rapist. Women have been made to feel ashamed for being raped. They no longer come forward.

Wow. You've made it quite clear that you have zero empathy for women that are defending themselves from a rapist.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So how is a law affecting rifles burning up the bill of rights?
Obviously you are making hysterical claims here.
Settle down
The Bill of Rights, Second Amendment, states "A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the Security of a free State, the Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Any law affecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms should be carefully analyzed against the Second Amendment.