Pre-Hysteria Climate Science From 1979 When Science Wasn't Religion

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Really? No food stores? No liquor? No hardware?

Think again.

PS you'll be a part owner in an oil company.

Edmonton CO-OP will probably get into selling you dope too like Calgary.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/co-op-calgary-cannabis-alberta-1.4783237

"No food stores? No liquor? No hardware? "

I said that Co-op packed up and left Edmonton decades ago and I meant it. There are a few left in the small towns around Edmonton, but that is all. BTW I was a Co-op member and was sad to see it go.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Bullshit.

Do a quick search on Google maps.

I did. It proves my point and that you are wrong as usual. One store when there used to be at least a dozen makes it rather inconvenient to shop there unless I feel like driving for half an hour to get there in order to pay higher prices. Coop pretty much folded up and left a few years after Superstore hit town. I could never figure out why when it actually stuck it out in Calgary.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Co-op food stores make a comeback in Edmonton

I found 4 of them on Google

So did I. Two of them are little better than gas station convenience stores and the other two are at best local markets. None of them is the size of even a small Sobeys. The Coop I shopped in thirty years ago had a grocery store, a gas station, a clothing outlet and a hardware store. Nothing like that exists in Edmonton. BTW I actually live there. Where the hell do you live?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I live in Eastern Sask. what does that matter? My brother lives by Edmonton and that still didn't help me google the answer for you from the article I pasted

Co-op has come back to Edmonton’s grocery-retailing landscape this week after an absence of two decades. The venerable name went up on a former Sobeys store at 18370 Lessard Road on Tuesday and on the Safeway at Mill Woods Town Centre on Wednesday. Another new Co-op also opened this week in Fort Saskatchewan.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So did I. Two of them are little better than gas station convenience stores and the other two are at best local markets. None of them is the size of even a small Sobeys. The Coop I shopped in thirty years ago had a grocery store, a gas station, a clothing outlet and a hardware store. Nothing like that exists in Edmonton. BTW I actually live there. Where the hell do you live?
Why doesn't every Rez have a store that is that complete along with allowing 'cross border shopping'. Stay 3 days and you take so much back duty free, pay the tax when you pay for the goodies if you are just in for the day. For locals from the nearest town or people on vacation.

If it was to offer on-line shopping and delivery to the remotest communities using private cars and trucks that were going that way anyways. With there being no tides in the Bay it should be able to have ice roads that allow Autobahn speeds or loads as high as any Australian Road Train. The ice I was on had to be 4ft deep before it was 'safe', most of my other time was cutting lines that went above the treeline in places

Ant Moving INC.org. Non-profit classification which is tax free and instant rebates on anything security related, such a bunch of smart phones showing up in the remote villages and they can start off with sending in their requests in a vid e-mailed to 'central command' so somebody can get the info they want from the web and include a vid on those steps.

I was at a workshop because I was on a govt program and that is what I suggested as being the fastest way for somebody new to get up to speed. 6-12 can do the errands online for the older ones who are the hardest to allow change in and doing that helps the kids connect with the new devices and stay in touch with the past. The older ones need to keep appointments and fill out forms, that is the top 50 words they should learn first and with a e-mail address their social worker can send in reminders as well as being the ones who first gets the video detailing what help they are looking for and the appropriate link is sent back that show them how to do it in an easy to follow vid. Removing a bottleneck is done and the immigrant is catching onto the way we work in the 21st century faster than if they have to attend useless workshops like the one we were all at. 3 hours of personal time for less than 5 minutes of real info.

Clay and peat in a mixer and a 50 ton press used with a mold and that might be okay for some swamp cement that lasts for 10 years rather than 50. Baking in a solar furnace for a year will harden them to a certain degree which would make the parts waterproof but brittle, perfect for 'long logs' to be used under rail lines that are crossing a bog rather than going around or under what will become a foundation with screws going into the permafrost so you can keep the 'floating pad' level.

Should I move this to the business section so it can be ignored?? Your call.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I live in Eastern Sask. what does that matter? My brother lives by Edmonton and that still didn't help me google the answer for you from the article I pasted

Well, your quote certainly backs up my original post. And now perhaps we could get back on topic.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Climate Scientists Admit To Major Math Error After Global Warming Study Debunked

The study used a new method of measuring the ocean's absorption of heat, and concluded - through incorrect math - that 60% more heat had been absorbed than previously thought.

The report was covered or referenced by MSM outlets worldwide, including the Washington Post, New York Times, BBC, Reuters and others.

Shortly after the article was published, however, independent UK-based researcher Nicholas Lewis published a comprehensive blog post, claiming he had found a "major problem" with the research.

“So far as I can see, their method vastly underestimates the uncertainty,” Lewis said in an interview Tuesday, “as well as biasing up significantly, nearly 30 percent, the central estimate.”

Lewis added that he tends “to read a large number of papers, and, having a mathematics as well as a physics background, I tend to look at them quite carefully, and see if they make sense. And where they don’t make sense — with this one, it’s fairly obvious it didn’t make sense — I look into them more deeply.”

Lewis has argued in past studies and commentaries that climate scientists are predicting too much warming because of their reliance on computer simulations, and that current data from the planet itself suggests global warming will be less severe than feared. -Washington Post

"When we were confronted with his insight it became immediately clear there was an issue there," said Ralph Keeling, a scientist with the Scripps Institute of Oceanography who co-authored the paper with Princeton University scientist and lead author, Laure Resplandy. "We’re grateful to have it be pointed out quickly so that we could correct it quickly."

Keeling said they have since redone the calculations, finding the ocean is still likely warmer than the estimate used by the IPCC. However, that increase in heat has a larger range of probability than initially thought — between 10 percent and 70 percent, as other studies have already found.

“Our error margins are too big now to really weigh in on the precise amount of warming that’s going on in the ocean,” Keeling said. “We really muffed the error margins.” -San Diego Union-Tribune

"I accept responsibility for what happened because it’s my role to make sure that those kind of details got conveyed," Keeling told the Washington Post on Tuesday.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ath-error-after-global-warming-study-debunked

See, the problem is you have to be totally stupid to be a communist in the first place...which not even being able to do math while trying to take other people's money also is.

Oh well, If you can't do...TEAXCH!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Climate Scientists Admit To Major Math Error After Global Warming Study Debunked

The study used a new method of measuring the ocean's absorption of heat, and concluded - through incorrect math - that 60% more heat had been absorbed than previously thought.

The report was covered or referenced by MSM outlets worldwide, including the Washington Post, New York Times, BBC, Reuters and others.

Shortly after the article was published, however, independent UK-based researcher Nicholas Lewis published a comprehensive blog post, claiming he had found a "major problem" with the research.

“So far as I can see, their method vastly underestimates the uncertainty,” Lewis said in an interview Tuesday, “as well as biasing up significantly, nearly 30 percent, the central estimate.”

Lewis added that he tends “to read a large number of papers, and, having a mathematics as well as a physics background, I tend to look at them quite carefully, and see if they make sense. And where they don’t make sense — with this one, it’s fairly obvious it didn’t make sense — I look into them more deeply.”

Lewis has argued in past studies and commentaries that climate scientists are predicting too much warming because of their reliance on computer simulations, and that current data from the planet itself suggests global warming will be less severe than feared. -Washington Post

"When we were confronted with his insight it became immediately clear there was an issue there," said Ralph Keeling, a scientist with the Scripps Institute of Oceanography who co-authored the paper with Princeton University scientist and lead author, Laure Resplandy. "We’re grateful to have it be pointed out quickly so that we could correct it quickly."

Keeling said they have since redone the calculations, finding the ocean is still likely warmer than the estimate used by the IPCC. However, that increase in heat has a larger range of probability than initially thought — between 10 percent and 70 percent, as other studies have already found.

“Our error margins are too big now to really weigh in on the precise amount of warming that’s going on in the ocean,” Keeling said. “We really muffed the error margins.” -San Diego Union-Tribune

"I accept responsibility for what happened because it’s my role to make sure that those kind of details got conveyed," Keeling told the Washington Post on Tuesday.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ath-error-after-global-warming-study-debunked

See, the problem is you have to be totally stupid to be a communist in the first place...which not even being able to do math while trying to take other people's money also is.

Oh well, If you can't do...TEAXCH!

And if you are a racist Jew-hater who can't think post the above shit.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
So what does big oil know that it doesn't want us to know?

Big oil asks government to protect it from climate change

https://business.financialpost.com/...-government-to-protect-it-from-climate-change

Resident Engineer Steve Sherrill, with the US Army Corps of Engineers, talks about the project to raise some of the levees and seawalls in the area Thursday, July 26, 2018, in Port Arthur, Texas. As the nation plans new defenses against the more powerful storms and higher tides expected from climate change, one project stands out: an ambitious proposal to build a nearly 60-mile "spine" of concrete seawalls, earthen barriers, floating gates and steel levees on the Texas Gulf Coast.