Time to take CLIMATE CHANGE SERIOUSLY

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
97% of 34% of scientists who wrote papers on AGW/climate change and we're surveyed to see if they stand by their work say it's a dead ringer.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"reported in the journal biological invasion...we had thought canada MIGHT be too cold..."

We get killer insects from globalization...and global warming from mistaken scientists?
;)
Duh!

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Sure I can. It’s fun to watch you get salty when I do.
you should not talk to your religious nuts
;)
you should keep them in your pants and away from those that don't want to hear from them

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
I'm trying to figure out what those pictures have to do with Climate change, yes pollution is bad, especially raw sewage in Pic. 1

Don't waste your time trying to validate justyns' vain attempt to implicate gw as pollution. English contains adverbs and adjectives to ensure clarity of subject however trudough knows the pollution sound byte is far more pursuasive than a agw sound byte. Fact and or clarity have never been and never will be etched in the lib playbook.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It could mean , but does it ?
what is the problem with taking some responsibility towards preventing / minimisation change?? Would you rather wait until it is too late. A life sustaining planet is rather unique and special......... so why not take care of it........People should be an asset to the planet not a destructive liability.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
what is the problem with taking some responsibility towards preventing / minimisation change?? Would you rather wait until it is too late. A life sustaining planet is rather unique and special......... so why not take care of it........People should be an asset to the planet not a destructive liability.
And we are , looking at the environmental improvements we have made in my lifetime it is amazing. Our vehicles are cleaner and much more efficient , most of us heat our homes with natural gas as opposed to wood and coal . We clean the soil prior to all building projects , we replant after harvesting our forests , we reclaim the land after mining . Yes I would say Canadians should be proud of our current environmental record .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Indigenous perspective must be heard on climate change, Regina conference told

A conference in Regina about making the transition from a carbon-based economy to one with a greater reliance on renewable energy provided attendees with new perspectives, including an Indigenous one.
Justin Fisher, a member of Climate Justice Saskatoon, an urban environmental group which presented at the conference, said a just transition away from fossil fuels needs to include everyone, including Indigenous communities.

'I urge Canadians to look at what we have to offer, follow our lead.' - Michelle Brass, Indigenous Climate Action

Fisher said he's been conducting research for the last year, working with communities who rely heavily on natural resources to sustain themselves. He said a report summarizing Climate Justice Saskatoon's work would be published next month.
He said he learned a lot from Michelle Brass of Indigenous Climate Action.
"She emphasized that, as Indigenous communities, they're not going to wait for somebody to try and save them," Fisher said. "They're really trying to take on that work and have Indigenous-based solutions and really raise the profile of Indigenous knowledge and solutions to these problems."

Providing an Indigenous perspective

Brass was one of the presenters at the event held Saturday and Sunday at a school building in Regina.
Brass, who is also a former CBC Radio host, called for any discussions around climate change to include an Indigenous perspective because Indigenous people have experienced their own societal collapse, similar to what she foresees coming due to climate change.
"Look at our Indigenous communities, there's so much love, and there's so much laughter despite all of the pain and intergenerational trauma that we've been through," Brass said. "I urge Canadians to look at what we have to offer, follow our lead."
She said while Indigenous communities may not have all the solutions for Canadian society's problems, Indigenous people have solutions around how to transition away from fossil fuels and survive.

Building deep relationships

Brass said the relationships she built over two days of networking with other participants were "deep" and "amazing."
"People here are ready to move forward and take action, and not just talk," Brass said. "We're seeing the different ways we can collaborate and that capacity can be built faster than otherwise would happen."
She said groups were finding overlaps while figuring out how to help each other out in addressing climate change.
Brass said the transition away from fossil fuels will be a "sloppy, messy process," but it needs to be done.

Does a dream catcher actually work in a dream world?